Low spin shafts

krabboy22krabboy22 MurfreesboroMembers Posts: 2

I have a swing speed of around 105 with driver but I put a lot of spin on the ball hitting epic flash. What’s some good low spinning shafts?

Comments

• roundersmittyroundersmitty Members Posts: 1,108 ✭✭

Hdzrus Yellow

2017 M1 10.5* Kuro Kage 60s
    Exotics 16.5* Exotics Fuji 72s
    Adams XTD ti 20* Red Tie S
    TM P770 4-P Steelfiber i95s
    TM MG 50*,56*,60* Steelfiber i95s
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • krabboy22krabboy22 MurfreesboroMembers Posts: 2

I am currently hitting px evenflow blue 65 xstiff . The hazard yellow lower spin?

• kyleluteskylelutes Members Posts: 80 ✭✭

Yes, hzrdus yellow should spin a little less.

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,533 ✭✭

"Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Rosemark grip
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,296 ✭✭

@krabboy22 said:
    I am currently hitting px evenflow blue 65 xstiff . The hazard yellow lower spin?

If you like the EvenFlow feel-wise the White T1100 is supposed to be lowest launch/spin of that family. I just put one in a Mizuno GT180 head and am LOVING it so far.

WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Awainer1Awainer1 Members Posts: 849 ✭✭

Synergy black

• chrissdcchrissdc Members Posts: 48 ✭✭

Look into HOF shafts.

• Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members Posts: 464 ✭✭

Kurt Kate xt
    Also for a slight counter balance feels just like the tense Orange use elements platinum proto it’s a well under rated shaft

• DeadsquigglesDeadsquiggles Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Mitsubishi Tensei White

Driver: TaylorMade M3 440 9* with Mitsubishi Tensei White
    Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M4 3W with Fujikura Atmos Red
    Irons: TaylorMade M4 Irons 4-PW with KBS Tours
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 50*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, Cleveland RTX-3 CB 60*
    Putter: TaylorMade Tour Spider Red 35"
    Ball: Cut Blue or Srixon Z-Star

• backhillbackhill Members Posts: 94 ✭✭

Check out the Big Bad Low Spin shaft thread by TollBros

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,319 ✭✭

@rgk5 said:
    "Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

Just to be clear, you're saying that, all else being equal, there won't be more than 300 RPM difference between say a Hzrdus T1100 and a Hzrdus Red ? Or a Diamana Red (M+?) and a Diamana White (D+) ?

How about between different manufacturers ? Say Hzrdus T100 vs Diamana Red/M+ ?

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • jjmurryjjmurry Members Posts: 67 ✭✭

Also looking to clarify a few things: 1. what are your current spin numbers and other launch numbers? 2. could it be a swing fault based upon your numbers in question 1? Your current shaft should be fine as long as there isn't a swing fault at hand. I know myself that at this point I should not spend another dime on equipment until I fix my release so that I'm not hitting the all low on the face... it's the archer not the arrow!

Cobra F9 - 7.5* GD AD IZ 7X
    TS2 - 15* EvenFlow T1100 75S
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4i - 18.5* AD IZ 95X Hybrid shaft
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Ping Anser 2
    TP5X
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members Posts: 414 ✭✭

You’ll have more luck lowering the loft on the adapter or going with a lower lofted head. Not sure what you’re spinning at right now, but you don’t want to be chasing sub-2,000 spin.

Callaway Epic TC...L  9* - Tour AD TP 6s 
    Callaway XR Pro TC 14* - Diamana D+ Limited 80s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z545 4 Iron - Steelfiber i110s
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Odyssey O-Works Red V-Line Fang CH

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭

@krabboy22 said:
    I have a swing speed of around 105 with driver but I put a lot of spin on the ball hitting epic flash. What’s some good low spinning shafts?

A lower lofted head before anything else.

WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• jkim27jkim27 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭

@nsxguy said:

@rgk5 said:

Just to be clear, you're saying that, all else being equal, there won't be more than 300 RPM difference between say a Hzrdus T1100 and a Hzrdus Red ? Or a Diamana Red (M+?) and a Diamana White (D+) ?

Yeah definitely don't agree with this one, especially when a human is swinging the club and not a robot. I've had my fair share of experiments and found vastly different numbers depending on the shaft. Yes a lot of it has to do with how you swing it but thats where the shaft makes the biggest difference. I am a high spin player and was getting 3500+ RPM with the EF blue. Knew it didn't fit me but just tried it out for the sake of it. Then went to a HZRDUS black which got me to sub-2000 RPM, but really felt like I had to swing out of my shoes to get the thing to load. Finally settled on an Atmos Black which was way smoother and around 2300 RPM. This was all in the same club head with no intentional swing changes.

• shellbmbshellbmb Members Posts: 233 ✭✭

@Mario Good Times said:
    Kurt Kate xt
    Also for a slight counter balance feels just like the tense Orange use elements platinum proto it’s a well under rated shaft

The Kuro Kage XD is slightly lower spin than the XT. Was playing a dual core XT TX and just switched to the XD and it lowered the spin by about 300 rpm.

2016 M2 Kuro Kage Dual Core XT TX 60
    Taylormade M2 15 Tensei CK Pro Blue
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Titleist TMB/AP2 TI AMT X100
    Vokey SM6 Raw 50/56/60 TI AMT S400
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • jshuffjshuff Members Posts: 102 ✭✭

I have the same issue and it’s because I hit down on the ball. I’m about to put in some serious simulator time to figure out how to swing up on the driver. I will say that the HZRDUS Yellow shaft helps lower my spin and improves my angle of attack.

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,533 ✭✭

@nsxguy said:

@rgk5 said:

If you deliver the club with the same good swing, speed, AOA, path and face angle. the result will be within the parameters mentioned. Callaway verified this with their robot and their best staff player, a two time U.S. Open participant who consistently delivers the club at 110 mph. I saw the results using their 150K high speed camera system.

Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Rosemark grip
  • JRL2JRL2 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

I am sure you are correct, all things being the same, the shaft will probably have little impact on spin numbers. However, due to the many variances in shaft profiles, weight, etc. this tends to lead to different swings for the average golfer who is not a machine or a professional player with a correct and repeatable swing. I know it does for me at least.

"The most important shot in golf is the next one" - Ben Hogan

Taylormade M4, Project X Hazrdus Black 75 6.0
    Taylormade M1, 3 wood, Hazrdus Black 75 5.5
    Taylormade M2, 3/4 hybrid, Rogue
    Titleist AP2 718 5-GW Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56 degree SW
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM7 60 degree LW[/font]
    Ping Ketsch Mid Heavy
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 22,923 ✭✭

@jshuff said:
    I have the same issue and it’s because I hit down on the ball. I’m about to put in some serious simulator time to figure out how to swing up on the driver. I will say that the HZRDUS Yellow shaft helps lower my spin and improves my angle of attack.

Sorry. No, it's not because you hit down on the ball. Low or downward AoA is not the cause of high spin. That thought needs to go the way of the old ball flight laws. High spin primarily comes from either poor impact position on the face and/or a high dynamic loft delivered (hands behind the ball at impact). And for most people that have those problems - it will very commonly just get worse if they try to increase the AoA - particularly w/o proper instruction.

• gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members Posts: 1,258 ✭✭

@Deadsquiggles said:
    Mitsubishi Tensei White

How does this feel? Would it work for a driver swing speed of 102-103?

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,848 ✭✭

Tensei Pro White
    Tensei Pro Orange
    Aldila ATX Green 2019
    Rogue White 130
    Rogue Silver 130
    Hzrdus T1100
    Even low T-1100
    Hzrdus Black
    Synergy Black
    Synergy Green
    Fujikura Ventus
    Etc........

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭

Speaking of the EF T1100, man they cant give those things away on Ebay right now lol. Shocking actually

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,848 ✭✭

@MSUIRONDAWGS said:
    Speaking of the EF T1100, man they cant give those things away on Ebay right now lol. Shocking actually

There are so many great new products that something has to be special to stand out, or cheap for the bargain hunters who care more about a "deal" than optimal performance. Either sells.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members Posts: 7,294 ✭✭

IMO if you want true lower spin you need to go to shafts that are from 10-20 years ago that are rebar Xstiff and heavier. Todays shafts, even the "Low Spin Monster" shafts are not as low spin as the old shafts were. VTLT, ProtoPYPE, Rombax 8Z08, Black Tie X, RIP Alpha, YSQst, p9003, etc. 105mph might not be enough for those shafts though, but I guarantee you'll lose spin with any of those.

NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue Aldila The Phene'd 60TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 14.5° w/ p9003X
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon ZTX-II 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter
  • spikespike Members Posts: 388 ✭✭

Kuro Kage XD

• TriplesticksTriplesticks Members Posts: 110 ✭✭

Switching heads will do more than any shaft, ie , try the sub zero.

• carcharodon1977carcharodon1977 Edmonton, AlbertaMembers Posts: 86 ✭✭

I find the Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS on the XR 16 Pro to be very low spin. You can probably find a used one with the Callaway adapter for cheap to try.

Callaway XR 16 Pro 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder Evolution II TS @ 45.5" Stiff
    Cobra F7 (3/4 Wood) 14.5* Fujikura Pro 65 Stiff
    Cobra F7 (5/6 Wood) 17* Matrix Red Tie Stiff
    Dynacaft 18* Driving Iron UST Mamiya Competition Series Stiff
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-Pw Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]TaylorMade Ghost Spider S 35" [/font]
    Callaway MD3 50* 54* 58*
    Costco Kirkland 4 piece (KSig)
  • GMR2ironGMR2iron Members Posts: 1,518 ✭✭

@markheardjr said:
    IMO if you want true lower spin you need to go to shafts that are from 10-20 years ago that are rebar Xstiff and heavier. Todays shafts, even the "Low Spin Monster" shafts are not as low spin as the old shafts were. VTLT, ProtoPYPE, Rombax 8Z08, Black Tie X, RIP Alpha, YSQst, p9003, etc. 105mph might not be enough for those shafts though, but I guarantee you'll lose spin with any of those.

I agree with this post 100%! I have bouncing back and forth between Pro Orange and Black Tie in my driver. While the Black Tie doesn't feel as good as the PO, it's spin and launch numbers are equal to the PO, and it seems to mitigate the hooks better!

Titleist 915D4 9.75 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist 915F 15.5 Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist TMB 2 iron Tensei Pro White
    Titleist 718CB 3 thru PW
    Titleist SM7 50-08 and 56-08
    Yes! Tracy
  • DeadsquigglesDeadsquiggles Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

@gsrjc said:

@Deadsquiggles said:
    Mitsubishi Tensei White

How does this feel? Would it work for a driver swing speed of 102-103?

Yeah in the appropriate flex, most likely stiff but definitely try it on a launch monitor. I swing between 100 and 105 when it's colder and I'm 105-110 during the warmer months when I'm playing often and can sometimes creep over 110 and the shaft performs great for me year round and holds up well if I go after it on a wide open fairway.

Driver: TaylorMade M3 440 9* with Mitsubishi Tensei White
    Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M4 3W with Fujikura Atmos Red
    Irons: TaylorMade M4 Irons 4-PW with KBS Tours
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 50*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, Cleveland RTX-3 CB 60*
    Putter: TaylorMade Tour Spider Red 35"
    Ball: Cut Blue or Srixon Z-Star