Which shaft

mizuno player ·  
mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player 1603WRX Points: 323Members Posts: 1,603 Platinum Tees

Looking at changing shafts. Did a demo day and hit the KBS C Taper. They only had S and X. By all indications I should be S+. Mostly weight and based on the fact I've played X100 for 20 years. ( Also weight is #1 in fitting. ?)
Question. The clubs I'm looking at only one offers the S+. The other two have only S or X. What would soft stepping an X two times do to playability of the shaft? Higher ball flight? Or just softer playing in each shaft compared to straight in?

Posted:

Best Answers

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Answers

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1603WRX Points: 323Members Posts: 1,603 Platinum Tees

I thought of that then figured they would charge through the roof for special order... Trying to make it as easy as possible. Thanks.

Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player  1603WRX Points: 323Members Posts: 1,603 Platinum Tees

Stuart. That's interesting. I had no idea they would play heavier. That throws a little wrench in this.
    So, the S flex would be same? 7-9 gr heavier? And play slightly softer?

Posted:

Thanks. I may that confusing. You answered my questions perfectly. Thank you.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cxxcxx  3240WRX Points: 225Members Posts: 3,240 Titanium Tees

That's funny, I thought that soft stepping was taking a shaft intended for say a 7 iron and installing it in an 8 iron head and cutting to 8 iron length.

Posted:

I meant to ask. If a S is hard stepped would it play heavier? Or lighter?
    I think with all this info I may just go with Titleist as they offer the S+.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.