AP3s real or fake

hookman1971hookman1971 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited Mar 23, 2019 7:42pm in Deal or No Deal? #1

I bought these a year ago, played them very well , but they look pretty banged up after only 70 rounds, what’s your thoughts, I’m thinking they are counterfeit

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• hookman1971hookman1971 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

I got these from a friend of a friend that actually puts clubs together, but I also got them cheap, they looked great when I got them but look rough after 1 year and 60+ rounds on them

• zip7111zip7111 Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭

100% fake. Shaft bands are a dead giveaway.

• hardtenhardten Members Posts: 3,596 ✭✭

why?

• Jwoz09Jwoz09 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭

Jesus ...these are just awful. Shaft bands, font on the #'s, cavity badge looks sloppy. Alot of red flags on these.

• Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited Mar 25, 2019 12:44pm #7

Look ok to me but who knows.

As for the shaft bands. Those are just stickers. Bet you could buy authentic shaft bands. What exactly about that shaft sticker looks fake? Have you called Titleist and given em the serial number to find any info?

• buckrogers71buckrogers71 Posts: 266 ✭✭

I would say the fonts on the numbers are a give away. I thought Titleist was a bit fancier with the font.

• Jace_bkrJace_bkr ClubWRX Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'll go with, almost certainly counterfeit...
    The Shaft bands are definitely knock offs and the serial # Etching is way off..

• Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭

I was doubting you guys but I did just get a decent look at a set on Ebay and yes,, the serial number etching looks to be wrong.

That said, I can't imagine someone counterfeiting shaft stickers. That would be a total pain in the **** I would think plus I see some on the bay for a few bucks.

• Tremendous SlouchTremendous Slouch Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

Looks suspicious, on the shaft band the last period is missing after "A".

• bellkenbellken Members Posts: 771 ✭✭

52 degree gap wedge? Not an AP3 gap wedge, which, is a 48.

• drake47drake47 Members Posts: 1,397 ✭✭

The club numbers on the soles are messy and too thin.

Driver - Ping G400 Max - Hzrdus Yellow
    3 Wood - Ping G400 Stretch - Hzrdus Red
    Hybrid - Ping G400 - Fubuki AX
    Irons - 4-PW - Srixon 565/765
    Wedges - Ping Stealth 50, 56, 60
    Putter - Ping Craz E Vault 2.0 (custom arm lock by Ping WRX)

Thanks guys for getting back to me, I had my suspicions after about 6 months of play, they looked 10 years old, when I first got them it never crossed my mind because of who I was getting them from and I didn’t think counterfeit AP3s would already be out, I bought these a year ago!! Yea the shaft sticker color is off, and on the grips there is no break in the ring going around and Titleist band is white in color , what gave it away to me finally was the 6iron, the end of the 6 doesn’t curve all the way around like it does on mine, also as far as the serial #, I contacted titlelist and they said they couldn’t authenticate it by that any because people will duplicate serial #s

• 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,867 ✭✭

From the dents on the irons.. they look to be forged clubs... Do the make fake forged clubs? Maybe the shafts are fake..

They are really dented because I never used head covers, and drop them in the bag after hitting, I had never had forged clubs so I didn’t know they would dent that easy,, lesson learned in a lot of ways, just wish I knew exactly what kind of club heads they are, they hit really good, had a consistent handicap of 12 with them, got a new set of mizuno 919s the other week, love them but they hit a lot different,

• SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭

The soles shouldn’t look beat up like that unless you drag them behind the car .

Lol, yea looks like maybe some kind of zinc,,