George Geo Low Buzzard 600 Putter

Another obscure putter. Google led me to one auction of this putter signed by George Low. Haven’t seen another one. Looking for manufacturer, rarity, etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Joe85Joe85 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭

What's it worth?

Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • pfgiv81pfgiv81 Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

I'm not sure yet, but if it's inexpensive, it stays put as it is a beauty

• Ironmaster OdditiesIronmaster Oddities Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭

someone had a sense of humor

Do you mean it some sort of a knockoff type club?

• wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 1:55pm #6

Never head of a Geo BUZZARD 600, Wizard 600 yes.
    Upon research there was a Buzzard 600 on the Golf Auction a few years ago with supposed to be an authenticated signature from George Lowe on the putter face with a sharpie. No bid on that putter. In late year of his life, George Lowe will sign anything if a reward is offered.

Of course, someone else might know more about this putter than I do. and it could be authentic 600 putter.

Yeah I don't think it's a sportsman made club or anything, but I couldn't find much info on it. Seemed to be somewhat rare, just curious is anyone ever came across one before

• rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,959 ClubWRX

pf-
    Buzzard 600?
    Your club is a copy of the George Low Wizard 600 putter. An original GL Wizard 600 was famous by one Jack Nicklaus.
    There are a number of George Low putting stories. Nearly all of them are true.
    One of particular note is where Low hustled someone by putting with either his shoe, or with his foot.
    When George Low left this world, one pro referred to him as "America's guest", due to his putting prowess.
    When TV Golf Analyst Dave Marr, during the US Open in 1983 at Oakmont said after Calvin Peete missed a short putt for the lead in the 3rd Round-
    "If he (Peete) could get with somebody like a George Low for a lesson...." Larry Nelson won the '83 US Open, beating Tom Watson.
    Calvin Peete had played the final round of the 1982 US Open at Pebble Beach, paired with- Jack Nicklaus, who lost to- Tom Watson.
    Bottom line- It's just a copy.

• RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,415 ClubWRX

I agree with rex, this is most likely a knock off. Not worth really anything. With respects, not a real accurate knock off either. Ram made a decent reproduction as did MacGregor. Sorry but there isn't much value here. I hope the OP didn't pay too much for this putter.

Taylormade M3 (2018 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Miura 52* GW S-200
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips

Thanks all, did not pay a lot for it, well, I paid a lot, for the lot. picked up about 400 putters, 30 or so iron sets, a bunch of woods.

• Ironmaster OdditiesIronmaster Oddities Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭

Good Stuff Rex. However, the reason Geo Low was referred to as Americas Guest was because he Never picked up a check for anything. Always bummed a room form his friends. But he was a classic. Not only a terrific putter/teacher, but a great golfer in his own right

• russadrussad Posts: 371 ✭✭

A good nickname then, wonder if they called him that to his face?