Patrick Reed working with Leadbetter

DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 90 ✭✭

‪After missed cut, Patrick Reed returns to Innisbrook for second session with David Leadbetter https://www.golfchannel.com/news/after-missed-cut-patrick-reed-returns-innisbrook-second-session-david-leadbetter#.XJb6_tzvubs.twitter

PXG Gen2 XF Driver
PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
PXG Mustang putter
«134

Comments

  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,162 ✭✭

    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome Members Posts: 923 ✭✭

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    Either that or naked pictures.

  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,162 ✭✭

    @hell_is_chrome said:

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    Either that or naked pictures.

    Pat would be proud if naked pictures of himself were leaked.

    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 5,974 ✭✭

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    His accent makes it sound like he definitely knows what you need! Hes very hands on and domineering. Butch/ claude Harmon, Jim Mclean, Pete Cowen, dont mess with the stuff that got you there. Leadbetter thinks everyone is Faldo Or Nick Price. I used to play championgate all the time and he had a spell on so much LPGA talent. Parents would send their girls to him and pay top dollar. He sells himself very well

  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Posts: 466 ✭✭

    I heard no other coach would work with Big Patty.... 😬😆

  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Members Posts: 2,084 ClubWRX

    @DLBTide7 said:
    ‪After missed cut, Patrick Reed returns to Innisbrook for second session with David Leadbetter https://www.golfchannel.com/news/after-missed-cut-patrick-reed-returns-innisbrook-second-session-david-leadbetter#.XJb6_tzvubs.twitter

    Reed's coach surely isn't part of that geographical excuse we heard on GolfChannel when every other player/coach uses technology to overcome geographical issues.

    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers Posts: 1,627 ClubWRX

    @lowheel said:

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    His accent makes it sound like he definitely knows what you need! Hes very hands on and domineering. Butch/ claude Harmon, Jim Mclean, Pete Cowen, dont mess with the stuff that got you there. Leadbetter thinks everyone is Faldo Or Nick Price. I used to play championgate all the time and he had a spell on so much LPGA talent. Parents would send their girls to him and pay top dollar. He sells himself very well

    Jimmy Ballard once said that was why Curtis Strange left him after winning two U.S. Opens. Leadbetter was able to sell him on getting to "the next level." After winning back to back U.S. Opens, the only "next level" I can think of is more distance.

    Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

  • Josh L.Josh L. Members Posts: 334 ✭✭

    @OldTomMorris said:
    Reed's coach surely isn't part of that geographical excuse we heard on GolfChannel when every other player/coach uses technology to overcome geographical issues.

    This, you can take lessons from coaches around the globe via video these days, and given the career winnings Reed has amassed he could buy a ticket to get his coach out, or gotten himself to his current coach as he was done for the week on Friday afternoon. Seems more to me like Reed was testing the waters with a new coach.

  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Posts: 944 ✭✭

    @golfer07840 said:

    @lowheel said:

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    His accent makes it sound like he definitely knows what you need! Hes very hands on and domineering. Butch/ claude Harmon, Jim Mclean, Pete Cowen, dont mess with the stuff that got you there. Leadbetter thinks everyone is Faldo Or Nick Price. I used to play championgate all the time and he had a spell on so much LPGA talent. Parents would send their girls to him and pay top dollar. He sells himself very well

    Jimmy Ballard once said that was why Curtis Strange left him after winning two U.S. Opens. Leadbetter was able to sell him on getting to "the next level." After winning back to back U.S. Opens, the only "next level" I can think of is more distance.

    Clearly the next level was to retire off tour.
    As for the LPGA Leadbetter does seem to have a bunch of students. So does Gilchrist. I can't really argue with the results though since LPGA pro's tend to have excellent fundamentally sound swings whereas the men are more athletic and are still fundamentally sound but whack it a bit more since short hitters tend to not be able to make a living.

    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

    Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,160 ✭✭

    I thought Leadbetter was where you took your game to die. My bad.

    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Mizuno MP59's 5-PW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • tideridertiderider Members Posts: 1,468 ✭✭

    on his swing or his demeanor/personality?

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,742 ClubWRX

    So we can confirm that he has given up any hope of ever making it into the Top 5.

    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Posts: 448 ✭✭

    @KillerPenguin said:
    If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

    ^^This. To each their own, but this, added to the odd social media incidents from the past, wouldn't work for me. 'Interesting' goings-on at Team Reed.

  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers Posts: 1,283 ✭✭

    @KillerPenguin said:
    If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

    Sure, that would be how it would work in most instances, but with the Reeds that's really not how things seem to work. They seem to go however Justine wants them to go and there is no other discussion.

    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

    The bag is always a work in progress.
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,405 ✭✭

    @ebrasmus21 said:

    @hell_is_chrome said:

    @ebrasmus21 said:
    Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

    Either that or naked pictures.

    Pat would be proud if naked pictures of himself were leaked.

    I think he'd be totally "blindsided".

  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,630 ✭✭

    This has all the makings of a great dark comedy.

    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX

    @lawsonman said:
    I thought Leadbetter was where you took your game to die. My bad.

    That was always my assessment as well. I remember him being connected with a lot of LPG stars and young talented golfers only to see them fizzle out (I still remember you Ty Tryon).

  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,056 ✭✭

    @Skaffa77 said:

    @lawsonman said:
    I thought Leadbetter was where you took your game to die. My bad.

    That was always my assessment as well. I remember him being connected with a lot of LPG stars and young talented golfers only to see them fizzle out (I still remember you Ty Tryon).

    Yeah, I'm not optimistic about the move to Leadbetter. Ko escaped as did CHIII. This will set him back a year or so.

    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Poor PosturePoor Posture Members Posts: 363 ✭✭

    A swing that can win the masters seems like a good enough swing to keep.

    Bigmean, on 08 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said: "I know it is really frowned upon here, but hitting the club somewhere near the middle is generally the greatest tech advancement you can put in your bag."

    Titleist 917d2
    Titleist 917f 15*
    Taylormade V-steel 21* 7w
    4-P Mizuno MMC
    Edel 52*
    PXG 56*
    Byron dh89 raw
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,090 ✭✭
    edited Mar 25, 2019 8:21pm #24

    only good news is that a right to left shape works at augusta...down side?? he needs a touch more draw and less "hey i bet you i can hit the guys in the hospitality tent left of the trees..."

    Codename "TK421" F9 10.5 (Avalanche/black) / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX (tipped 3/4", set STD)
    Epic Flash SZ 3+ / Diamana DF 70TX (tipped 1")
    Epic Flash 5 / Diamana BF 90TX (tipped 1.75")
    785 3-PW/ PX 7.0 (+1/2", 2*up, 2* weak)
    RTX4 52*, 58* (bent 1* weak)/ DG TI S400 (+1/2", 2*up)
    SC Kombi-S/ 35.5"

    Tournaments on schedule:
    - 5/9; (USGA) US Open Local (Q) - Medford Village Golf Club (NJ)
    - 5/15; (NJSGA) Mid-Am (Q) - Copper Hill Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/11; (NJSGA) Amateur (Q) - Fiddler's Elbow Country Club (NJ)
    - 6/24; (NJSGA) State Open (Q) - Essex Fells Country Club (NJ)
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,350 ClubWRX

    Patrick starts wearing his pants like Leadbetter - please!

  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX

    Patrck and Leadbetter the perfect team for GolfWRXers to rip on.

    I watched them on the range for a while. was cool to see a top golfer and instructor do a lesson. Leadbetter is a great coach and really nice person. I work w/ Sean Hogan and he's awesome too.

    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • 3jacker3jacker Members Posts: 969 ✭✭

    @gatorMD said:
    Patrck and Leadbetter the perfect team for GolfWRXers to rip on.

    Ha. In this relationship I actually kinda feel bad for Leadbetter.

    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
    Sizemore XB-1
  • 3jacker3jacker Members Posts: 969 ✭✭

    Yep! I'd not coach their schools for half that.

    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Cleveland 52*/58* CG10 KBS C-Taper X
    Sizemore XB-1
  • pappaf2pappaf2 Members Posts: 3,467 ✭✭

    @MidwestGolfBum said:

    @KillerPenguin said:
    If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

    Sure, that would be how it would work in most instances, but with the Reeds that's really not how things seem to work. They seem to go however Justine wants them to go and there is no other discussion.

    There are rumors that Justine tells Patrick what equipment to play as well.

«134
Sign In or Register to comment.