Patrick Reed working with Leadbetter

DLBTide7 ·  
DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, AL 133WRX Points: 116Handicap: 8Members Posts: 133 Fairways

‪After missed cut, Patrick Reed returns to Innisbrook for second session with David Leadbetter https://www.golfchannel.com/news/after-missed-cut-patrick-reed-returns-innisbrook-second-session-david-leadbetter#.XJb6_tzvubs.twitter

Posted:
PXG Gen2 XF Driver
PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
PXG Mustang putter

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 6027WRX Points: 1,705Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 6,027 Titanium Tees

Leadbetter must have a magical spell he puts on people.

Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hell_is_chromehell_is_chrome  1006WRX Points: 301Handicap: 5Members Posts: 1,006 Platinum Tees

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

Either that or naked pictures.

Posted:
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 6027WRX Points: 1,705Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 6,027 Titanium Tees

On -, @****_is_chrome said:

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

Pat would be proud if naked pictures of himself were leaked.

Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6742WRX Points: 1,749Members Posts: 6,742 Titanium Tees

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

His accent makes it sound like he definitely knows what you need! Hes very hands on and domineering. Butch/ claude Harmon, Jim Mclean, Pete Cowen, dont mess with the stuff that got you there. Leadbetter thinks everyone is Faldo Or Nick Price. I used to play championgate all the time and he had a spell on so much LPGA talent. Parents would send their girls to him and pay top dollar. He sells himself very well

Posted:
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee  508WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 508 Golden Tee

I heard no other coach would work with Big Patty.... 😬😆

Posted:

Advertisement
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, Scotland 3214WRX Points: 1,081Members Posts: 3,214 Titanium Tees

On -, @DLBTide7 said:

‪After missed cut, Patrick Reed returns to Innisbrook for second session with David Leadbetter https://www.golfchannel.com/news/after-missed-cut-patrick-reed-returns-innisbrook-second-session-david-leadbetter#.XJb6_tzvubs.twitter

Reed's coach surely isn't part of that geographical excuse we heard on GolfChannel when every other player/coach uses technology to overcome geographical issues.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJ 1910WRX Points: 381Handicap: 16.4Members Posts: 1,910 Platinum Tees

On -, @lowheel said:

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

His accent makes it sound like he definitely knows what you need! Hes very hands on and domineering. Butch/ claude Harmon, Jim Mclean, Pete Cowen, dont mess with the stuff that got you there. Leadbetter thinks everyone is Faldo Or Nick Price. I used to play championgate all the time and he had a spell on so much LPGA talent. Parents would send their girls to him and pay top dollar. He sells himself very well

Jimmy Ballard once said that was why Curtis Strange left him after winning two U.S. Opens. Leadbetter was able to sell him on getting to "the next level." After winning back to back U.S. Opens, the only "next level" I can think of is more distance.

Posted:

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

• Josh L.Josh L.  402WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 402 Greens

On -, @OldTomMorris said:

Reed's coach surely isn't part of that geographical excuse we heard on GolfChannel when every other player/coach uses technology to overcome geographical issues.

This, you can take lessons from coaches around the globe via video these days, and given the career winnings Reed has amassed he could buy a ticket to get his coach out, or gotten himself to his current coach as he was done for the week on Friday afternoon. Seems more to me like Reed was testing the waters with a new coach.

Posted:
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation  1409WRX Points: 391Members Posts: 1,409 Platinum Tees

On -, @golfer07840 said:

On -, @lowheel said:

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

Jimmy Ballard once said that was why Curtis Strange left him after winning two U.S. Opens. Leadbetter was able to sell him on getting to "the next level." After winning back to back U.S. Opens, the only "next level" I can think of is more distance.

Clearly the next level was to retire off tour.
    As for the LPGA Leadbetter does seem to have a bunch of students. So does Gilchrist. I can't really argue with the results though since LPGA pro's tend to have excellent fundamentally sound swings whereas the men are more athletic and are still fundamentally sound but whack it a bit more since short hitters tend to not be able to make a living.

Posted:
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Phantom X6 STR
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6154WRX Points: 1,431Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,154 Titanium Tees

I thought Leadbetter was where you took your game to die. My bad.

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right

Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider  2825WRX Points: 1,857Handicap: 5ishMembers Posts: 2,825 Titanium Tees

on his swing or his demeanor/personality?

Posted:
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984  5816WRX Points: 1,308Handicap: 3Members Posts: 5,816 Titanium Tees

So we can confirm that he has given up any hope of ever making it into the Top 5.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • KillerPenguinKillerPenguin  591WRX Points: 139Members Posts: 591 Golden Tee

If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

Posted:
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac  662WRX Points: 329Members Posts: 662 Golden Tee

On -, @KillerPenguin said:

If my wife (or anyone in my circle) called an instructor I don't work with and asked him to meet me post-round without clearing it with me first (and while I'm still on the course!!!), she and I would be having a very serious discussion that would end with a promise that she not do that ever again.

^^This. To each their own, but this, added to the odd social media incidents from the past, wouldn't work for me. 'Interesting' goings-on at Team Reed.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSM 1549WRX Points: 295Members Posts: 1,549 Platinum Tees

Sure, that would be how it would work in most instances, but with the Reeds that's really not how things seem to work. They seem to go however Justine wants them to go and there is no other discussion.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140  4788WRX Points: 458Members Posts: 4,788 Titanium Tees

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

On -, @****_is_chrome said:

On -, @ebrasmus21 said:

Pat would be proud if naked pictures of himself were leaked.

I think he'd be totally "blindsided".

Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2442WRX Points: 717Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,442 Platinum Tees

This has all the makings of a great dark comedy.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills!  6917WRX Points: 228ClubWRX Posts: 6,917 ClubWRX

On -, @lawsonman said:

That was always my assessment as well. I remember him being connected with a lot of LPG stars and young talented golfers only to see them fizzle out (I still remember you Ty Tryon).

Posted:
  • tbowles411tbowles411  25563WRX Points: 703Handicap: GolfClubWRX Posts: 25,563 Titanium Tees

On -, @Skaffa77 said:

On -, @lawsonman said:

That was always my assessment as well. I remember him being connected with a lot of LPG stars and young talented golfers only to see them fizzle out (I still remember you Ty Tryon).

Yeah, I'm not optimistic about the move to Leadbetter. Ko escaped as did CHIII. This will set him back a year or so.

Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**

Advertisement
  • Poor PosturePoor Posture  399WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 399 Greens

A swing that can win the masters seems like a good enough swing to keep.

Posted:
    Bigmean, on 08 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said: "I know it is really frowned upon here, but hitting the club somewhere near the middle is generally the greatest tech advancement you can put in your bag."

Titleist 917d2
    Titleist 917f 15*
    Taylormade V-steel 21* 7w
    4-P Mizuno MMC
    Edel 52*
    PXG 56*
    Byron dh89 raw
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8091WRX Points: 1,343Handicap: +1.6 (1194646)Members Posts: 8,091 Titanium Tees

only good news is that a right to left shape works at augusta...down side?? he needs a touch more draw and less "hey i bet you i can hit the guys in the hospitality tent left of the trees..."

Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20434WRX Points: 4,351ClubWRX Posts: 20,434 ClubWRX

Patrick starts wearing his pants like Leadbetter - please!

Posted:
  • gatorpedsMDgatorpedsMD Hacker-in-Chief  4564WRX Points: 797Handicap: 1.5ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX

Patrck and Leadbetter the perfect team for GolfWRXers to rip on.

I watched them on the range for a while. was cool to see a top golfer and instructor do a lesson. Leadbetter is a great coach and really nice person. I work w/ Sean Hogan and he's awesome too.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 3jacker3jacker  1032WRX Points: 631Members Posts: 1,032 Platinum Tees

On -, @gatorMD said:

Patrck and Leadbetter the perfect team for GolfWRXers to rip on.

Ha. In this relationship I actually kinda feel bad for Leadbetter.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Titleist 818 H2 21*
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Vokey SM7 52* F
    Vokey SM7 58* D
    Sizemore XB-1
  • 3jacker3jacker  1032WRX Points: 631Members Posts: 1,032 Platinum Tees

Yep! I'd not coach their schools for half that.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Titleist 818 H2 21*
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Vokey SM7 52* F
    Vokey SM7 58* D
    Sizemore XB-1

Advertisement
  • pappaf2pappaf2  3490WRX Points: 161Members Posts: 3,490 Titanium Tees

On -, @MidwestGolfBum said:

Sure, that would be how it would work in most instances, but with the Reeds that's really not how things seem to work. They seem to go however Justine wants them to go and there is no other discussion.

There are rumors that Justine tells Patrick what equipment to play as well.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.