60tx or 70tx

Mario Good Times ·  
Mario Good TimesMario Good Times  497WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 497 Greens

I ordered a shaft 70tx but received a 60tx in which is really 69g so I gave it a chance never hit a 60tx always been a 70tx player. I kinda liked it. But am curious what a 70 will do in which is really 79. Can anyone tell me there experiences from the 60 to 70 driver shaft weights.

Posted:

Comments

• KevCannonKevCannon  344WRX Points: 141Handicap: 1.5ClubWRX Posts: 344 ClubWRX

If it’s a higher balance point shaft (counterbalanced) the 79 gram shaft will feel like it weighs mid to low 70s. If it’s lower balance point the 69 grams may feel like a low 70 gram shaft with mid balance point. The 70tx usually will have lower torque than 60tx all else being equal. At least thats been my experience.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash sub zero 9 degree w/ Aldila Synergy Green prototype 60tx
    Callaway Epic flash sub zero 15 degree w/ GD tour AD TP 7x 
    Titleist TS2 19 degree w/ GD tour AD IZ hybrid 85x
    Callaway X Forged 4 - Pitching wedge w/ Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM7 50-F, Callaway MD4 54-S, 58-X w/ Project X 6.0
    Toulon San Diego putter
    Srixon Z Star XV ball
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Awainer1Awainer1  925WRX Points: 105Members Posts: 925 Golden Tee

How long is your driver? If it’s shorter than 45 then I would definetly stick with the heavier shaft.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.