Ping Zing refinish

ffmedicmatt ·  
ffmedicmattffmedicmatt FFMedicMattCleveland OH 523WRX Points: 50Handicap: 0.8Members Posts: 523 Golden Tee

Finally completed my ping Zing refinish. It came out amazing. Paint full needs touched up but this will be my backup putter for when I suck (which is often it seems). Got the black shaft from Putter Lounge (if I remembered their username I’d tag them). Great service from them due to some USPS mishaps but they were great. I’d suggest using them for anything. Also got the corded

On -, @SuperStroke Putters grip off eBay. Feels great.

Posted:
WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made M3 8.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
Taylor Made M2 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig

Comments

• bripgall3265bripgall3265 Denver 155WRX Points: 77Handicap: 10Members Posts: 155 Fairways

On -, @ffmedicmatt said:

Finally completed my ping Zing refinish. It came out amazing. Paint full needs touched up but this will be my backup putter for when I suck (which is often it seems). Got the black shaft from Putter Lounge (if I remembered their username I’d tag them). Great service from them due to some USPS mishaps but they were great. I’d suggest using them for anything. Also got the corded
    On -, @SuperStroke Putters grip off eBay. Feels great.

What a Beauty!!!! is that BeCu?? How did you refinish it??? I have a couple of Anser 4's and a Zing 2 that would love to be touched up. I would rather do it myself but I trust and know the guys at Putter Lounge.

Posted:

Nike Dymo SR8T FIT 10.5*
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 15*
    Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro U 3 17* (set at 16)
    Callaway Rogue 4H 20

Ping i-20 orange dot 5-9
    Vokey SM-4 Raw 46-08
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 50-04
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 54-14
    Vokey SM-5 Raw M Grind 58-04
    Odyssey Protype #6 340g / Gripmaster Signature Tour Black Grip
    Titleist Pro v1 (2017)
    Lamkin UTx .580 Blue

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada.  439WRX Points: 269Members Posts: 439 Greens

Looks great! I'm in the middle of doing a ZING as well.

Posted:
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Studio Select NP2 mid slant 
  • ffmedicmattffmedicmatt FFMedicMatt Cleveland OH 523WRX Points: 50Handicap: 0.8Members Posts: 523 Golden Tee

It’s not a BeCu. I sanded the original finish down using different grits of sandpaper and then steel wool. Then used a propane torch to torch it.

Posted:
    WITB FFMedicMatt

Taylor Made M3 8.5 Tour AD-BB 7X Shaft
    Taylor Made M2 15 degree Tour AD-DI 7x Shaft
    Taylor Made R15 Rescue 2 hybird X Shaft
    Taylor Made Tour Preferred 4-PW
    Vokey 52,56,60 SM4 oil can wedges
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R
    Taylor Made TP5x or K-Sig
  • Murphy76Murphy76  135WRX Points: 167Members Posts: 135 Fairways

I have done this to about 15 of my 40ish pings. Manually sand down, paint-fill, re-touch, but then I'm left with.....Whats next? How do I protect my work? Regular oil? WD-40? A polymer additive to my dog's urine when combined with a dash of Liquid Smoke?

My goal is to preserve the visual restoration, while taking them down once a month to play with. Nothing rough.
    I want to maintain the work I did, without encasing them in 17" of Lucite.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. None of my searches came up with much......

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.