2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Best and Worst of PGA Tour talk on Sirius XM

Big Cat 3

Some believe Sirius golf channel is awful on every level. Here is what I found:

Inside the Ropes: The Paulsons guys who are ex journeyman players, who must know someone

Strengths - Have the perfect faces for radio

Weaknesses - Old men trying to talk in todays young man slang about what they did over the weekend or doing that day and about their crappy careers. Is not good radio. Also, having as much command of the English language as a pair of 3rd graders, is brutal radio.

Mueller Report says - Turn off quickly. Delete from scan button immediately

Attack Life: A radio show featuring Greg Norman lol ... oh my, nothing can go wrong here

Strengths - Greg continues to put a capital N into narcissist, he never disappoints

Weaknesses - Greg Norman talking

Mueller Report - Normally 1 second of listening to Greg Norman is too long. But if you are seeking a few laughs from this aging mentally ill nut job ... leave it on for 20 seconds. The guy is just whacked. Listening to static would be more entertaining.

Hank Haney Show ... PGA teaching pro and jilted ex-lover of Tiger, Hank Haney

Strengths - Never ending criticism of the USGA. Show has potential, if he worked at it.

Weaknesses - Many. The stammering delivery is bad for talk radio, work on it Hank. Repetitive topics for 3 hours day after day. Work at it Hank. And Hank simply cannot let go of Tiger dumping him. Plus pushing freaking Voodoo Cream every other minute wth is Voodoo Cream??

Mueller Report - Give it 10 minutes. Want to listen to show but HH seems to just be going through the motions. Some days, when the Tiger pain seems like it is too much for Hank ... he is like listening to BeeGee music all day long.

On the Fly with Mark Lye ... former PGA tour pro Mark Lye, really he was

Strengths - None

Weaknesses - Mark Lye has all the energy of a 20 year old hound dog

Mueller Report - Never listen. Unless someone is settling in for a nap, this show has no reason to be on air

Connected with John Cook ... Tour pro and young golf savant John Cook

Strengths - Cookie is a great guy and a pleasant listen. And he dated Bo Derek !

Weaknesses - Little content, rarely on ... probably due to little content

Mueller Report - Give it 2 minutes. Cookie would be well served to talk about Bo Derek, otherwise stick to tv

A New Breed of Golf ... former Golf Channel star Mike Breed

Strengths - Best produced show. Content is good. And MB works at it and,of course, adds energy.

Weaknesses - Repetitive ads, make it easy to switch off. Word of the day is junior highish and too much like that lame pretentious Matt Adams clown on TGC now. Also, tries to be too hip with the music genre ... Mike do you actually know who Luther Vondross is ? and taste of wine ... Mike do you even drink wine?

Mueller Report - Worth an hour. Effort is there. Could be a keeper if he stayed with his astute instruction and quit trying to be so hip.

Mornings with Marr ... TGC Dave Marr

Strengths - True professional, great delivery. Likable guy

Weaknesses - Needs energy. Dave is just much better on tv.

Mueller Report - Half hour. Dave pop a greenie or slam coffee or power drinks.

I’am a Walrus ... Craig Stadler

Strengths -Think the Walrus lost interest in doing the show

Weaknesses -If Walrus starts doing the show again

Mueller Report - Hopefully Walrus is done doing the show

Fred Couples Show .... Fred Couples

Strengths - Fred has the best guests. Musberger gambling bit was great. Scott Pippen was cool. Brought in a pro to do intros and outros, which helped a lot. Listening to Fred butcher the English language is sooo funny, most the time.

Weaknesses - Listening to Fred butcher the English language all the time

Fred,being Fred, gets around to doing the show once every 6 months lol.

Mueller Report - Check in with Fred, see what he is up to. See who is guest. Then decide.

Love ITR and Katrek and Maginnis. Listen everyday. Ben Crenshaw's stories are awesome. The rest I can live without. Their live coverage beats the crap out of network TV.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

I listen to Breed a little, Hank, the Paulsons, ITR, Katrek and Maginnes, Out of Bounds, and Crenshaw. I usually wait until the next day to see what topics are interesting on the app. There’s so many good podcasts out there that I usually stick to them.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Once I heard Greg Norman say on his show that pros are so good out of the bunkers so they should not rake them, but his show is a good listen nonetheless. ITR is what I listen to most of the time. And I like Hank Haney cause he talks about stuff no one else does. Also the Callaway show is pretty good over equipment stuff.

I only get to listen to Breed, Paulson's and K&M.

Breed is certainly the most pretentious and while he tries to sway everyone his way of thinking, he refuses to listen and talks over people with his opposing view. I get it is his show and wants to control the content but it is hard to listen to at times. Especially his out of no where, 5 minute ads on a product.

Paulson's aren't a bad listen in my opinion. I don't fault anyone for making it to the tour and not winning. Game is hard and their golfing career is more prestigious than mine so good for them. They don't talk like they're the best golfers out there and seem to be just one of us. Trying new things and messing around.

K&M on Tap is a good listen on my way home. Sometime the content is missing because they're laughing at something else and telling their own jokes. But after work driving home, it is better than most crap on the radio and listening to Nascar on FS1.

• Like 1

interesting story from haney this morning ... anyone ever heard it before? ... guy flies into dallas from 'zona for some lessons ... rodeo professional ... mentions almost in passing that his wife is an lpga player, and "oh, btw, would you give her a lesson?" ... so haney says 'yeah, i'll give her a lesson if she wants', scratching his head ... goes to a tournament in cali where he's on the dime/clock of the kuenhe's, coaching their daughter, and this rodeo guy says his wife will be there, can you take a look ... haney says yeah, but my obligation is to the kuenhe girl ... watched her a few times when he could, and apparently agree to meet her on the range one day, but a sandstorm hits, and no one's playing/practicing (or so he thought) ... gets a call from the rodeo guy who's yelling and threatening to kill him/etc since his wife showed up and was hitting balls in a duststorm, but haney didn't ... next day calls haney's office and asks if he'd "burned any bridges" ... some time later, he goes psycho and writes down the names of people that have screwed him over, intending to kill them all, and goes to his lawyer's house and kills him before being caught by cops and committing suicide as they attempted to arrest him ... weird story, to say the least ...

I think that golf, in general, is a tough sell on the radio, but K&M do the best job of avoiding empty air and they’ve got some chemistry. Most of these guys don’t seem to understand that you can’t pause for an extended time on the radio. Crenshaw is probably the worst; there are times when I wonder if he’s died. I can only assume that Mark Lye has evidence of the boss with a goat, nothing else explains his presence.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> I think that golf, in general, is a tough sell on the radio, but K&M do the best job of avoiding empty air and they’ve got some chemistry. Most of these guys don’t seem to understand that you can’t pause for an extended time on the radio. Crenshaw is probably the worst; there are times when I wonder if he’s died. I can only assume that Mark Lye has evidence of the boss with a goat, nothing else explains his presence.

The only thing that I don't like about K&M is that they don't lead with the biggest story of the day often times. Why would you lead your show on a Monday talking about your personal lives during the first few minutes? I get that the biggest stories of the day have been picked over, but your lives are boring compared to PGA Tour golf.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @tiderider said:

> interesting story from haney this morning ... anyone ever heard it before? ... guy flies into dallas from 'zona for some lessons ... rodeo professional ... mentions almost in passing that his wife is an lpga player, and "oh, btw, would you give her a lesson?" ... so haney says 'yeah, i'll give her a lesson if she wants', scratching his head ... goes to a tournament in cali where he's on the dime/clock of the kuenhe's, coaching their daughter, and this rodeo guy says his wife will be there, can you take a look ... haney says yeah, but my obligation is to the kuenhe girl ... watched her a few times when he could, and apparently agree to meet her on the range one day, but a sandstorm hits, and no one's playing/practicing (or so he thought) ... gets a call from the rodeo guy who's yelling and threatening to kill him/etc since his wife showed up and was hitting balls in a duststorm, but haney didn't ... next day calls haney's office and asks if he'd "burned any bridges" ... some time later, he goes psycho and writes down the names of people that have screwed him over, intending to kill them all, and goes to his lawyer's house and kills him before being caught by cops and committing suicide as they attempted to arrest him ... weird story, to say the least ...

And I'm sure Hank didn't embellish the story one bit. No, not at all.

> @lawsonman said:

> Love ITR and Katrek and Maginnis. Listen everyday. Ben Crenshaw's stories are awesome. The rest I can live without. Their live coverage beats the **** out of network TV.

Same here. I enjoy ITR and K&M more than any other show. My take is that these types of radio shows are supposed to make the listener feel connected to the host(s) conversation, and in my opinion, they do the best job of that. Hate the plugs for the GX7 though lol.

> @theWISEman said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > Love ITR and Katrek and Maginnis. Listen everyday. Ben Crenshaw's stories are awesome. The rest I can live without. Their live coverage beats the **** out of network TV.

>

> Same here. I enjoy ITR and K&M more than any other show. My take is that these types of radio shows are supposed to make the listener feel connected to the host(s) conversation, and in my opinion, they do the best job of that. Hate the plugs for the GX7 though lol.

>

Nothing else needs to be said here. /thread

:)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > interesting story from haney this morning ... anyone ever heard it before? ... guy flies into dallas from 'zona for some lessons ... rodeo professional ... mentions almost in passing that his wife is an lpga player, and "oh, btw, would you give her a lesson?" ... so haney says 'yeah, i'll give her a lesson if she wants', scratching his head ... goes to a tournament in cali where he's on the dime/clock of the kuenhe's, coaching their daughter, and this rodeo guy says his wife will be there, can you take a look ... haney says yeah, but my obligation is to the kuenhe girl ... watched her a few times when he could, and apparently agree to meet her on the range one day, but a sandstorm hits, and no one's playing/practicing (or so he thought) ... gets a call from the rodeo guy who's yelling and threatening to kill him/etc since his wife showed up and was hitting balls in a duststorm, but haney didn't ... next day calls haney's office and asks if he'd "burned any bridges" ... some time later, he goes psycho and writes down the names of people that have screwed him over, intending to kill them all, and goes to his lawyer's house and kills him before being caught by cops and committing suicide as they attempted to arrest him ... weird story, to say the least ...

>

> And I'm sure Hank didn't embellish the story one bit. No, not at all.

It did take him 15 minutes to tell a 2 minute story though

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

> @lawsonman said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > interesting story from haney this morning ... anyone ever heard it before? ... guy flies into dallas from 'zona for some lessons ... rodeo professional ... mentions almost in passing that his wife is an lpga player, and "oh, btw, would you give her a lesson?" ... so haney says 'yeah, i'll give her a lesson if she wants', scratching his head ... goes to a tournament in cali where he's on the dime/clock of the kuenhe's, coaching their daughter, and this rodeo guy says his wife will be there, can you take a look ... haney says yeah, but my obligation is to the kuenhe girl ... watched her a few times when he could, and apparently agree to meet her on the range one day, but a sandstorm hits, and no one's playing/practicing (or so he thought) ... gets a call from the rodeo guy who's yelling and threatening to kill him/etc since his wife showed up and was hitting balls in a duststorm, but haney didn't ... next day calls haney's office and asks if he'd "burned any bridges" ... some time later, he goes psycho and writes down the names of people that have screwed him over, intending to kill them all, and goes to his lawyer's house and kills him before being caught by cops and committing suicide as they attempted to arrest him ... weird story, to say the least ...

> >

> > And I'm sure Hank didn't embellish the story one bit. No, not at all.

>

> It did take him 15 minutes to tell a 2 minute story though

lord, yes ... but, in his defense, when he has a definite story to tell, the stammering speech isn't as bad ... guy won't even finish an incomplete sentence, much less a complete sentence ...

I heard this today on the drive in and couldn't wait to post here on how absolutely ridiculous it was.

Breed is doing his "word of the day" and he says it is "EXCEL!" Said to "Pick 1-2 things this year that you want to excel in your golf game to get better." followed by this sentence.... "I HAVE MY FOOT ON THE ACCELERATOR"

Immediately turned him off.

> @"Big Cat 3" said:

> Lol Goat ... yes, HH has gone off deep end since Tig dumped him. Was always a goofy dude but now entering Greg Norman type goofy territory

Didn't Haney dump Tiger? Didn't he want to disassociate himself from Tiger after that scandal? Although I question if that Hank's decision or his new wife's decision at the time. "There is no way I want you hanging around that guy with all those women!"

> @"Holy Moses" said:

> I listen to Breed a little, Hank, the Paulsons, ITR, Katrek and Maginnes, Out of Bounds, and Crenshaw. I usually wait until the next day to see what topics are interesting on the app. There’s so many good podcasts out there that I usually stick to them.

I like Inside the Ropes, K&M on Tap and Out of Bounds. Not a fan of much else. Can't even handle a few minutes of Marr.

I hadn't been paying attention to Greg Norman's goofery lately.. sounds entertaining. I must've missed the discussion.. What his deal in a nutshell?

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

Greg Norman and Craig Stadler shows are both unlistenable because the hosts give zero ****s about golf. Stadler cares about wine and bird shooting, Norman cares about himself.

I like K&M and ITR. Rinker is tiresome with his upper core thing but has had some great guests. Mostly, though, I’m just glad there is ANYTHING about golf I can listen to in the car. But I switch channels when they start with the hucksterism. Breed with Titleist, Haney with Voodoo, etc. FFS, I’m already paying for this.