Columbus driving range

mikewohlwendmikewohlwend ClubWRX Posts: 339 ClubWRX
edited Mar 24, 2019 11:56pm in Midwest #1

I'm heading to True Spec in 2 weeks for a fitting. Does anyone know of a driving range close to Brookside that I could get some swings in for a warm up before the fitting? I'm going to call the course tomorrow and see if I can use the range. Thought I'd check here too.

Comments

• MaxBuckMaxBuck Members Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭

Golf Club of Dublin would probably be my recommendation. Westerville Golf Center isn't _that _far away.

• JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think either of the above are hitting off grass yet. I’d do Westerville. Mats are vastly superior to Dublin. Dublin is like hitting off concrete with crappy thin AstroTurf on top of it. Is embarrassing.

9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • mikewohlwendmikewohlwend ClubWRX Posts: 339 ClubWRX

Thanks guys, either of those will work. But it sounds like Westerville is a better option. I'm staying at the Fairfield in Dublin, so neither is far.

• kush614kush614 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s crazy how bad the outdoor driving range options are in Columbus now. In the last 2 years 3 ranges have closed (Ables, Golf Depot, Four Seasons). Westerville is literally the only range left in a metro of over 1MM people and they are super stingy about hitting off the grass there. None of the courses around here outside of the private clubs really have nice ranges either. :(

• ratdg1ratdg1 Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 325 ✭✭

I know JR and Laurel from Ables are teaching at Westerville. Hopefully they're able to persuade the owners to make some improvements.

Ping G410 9*
    Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
    Ping i210 4-U
    Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
    Bettinardi BB0
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
    Ping Hoofer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file