Wide sole players irons

2»

Comments

• RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New ZealandMembers  2794WRX Points: 272Posts: 2,794 Titanium Tees

I read mp62 had beveled edge and the mp63 also
    First week with mp63 the ease of use chipping and overall play vs other mp33 mp60 mp37 is clearly obvious in use. 62/63/64 ?? Worth a look! Now i see why v soles help some!

Posted:
    2020 31January
    Good swing,rhythm
    Balance and grip

Ping I20 10.5
    Titleist 917F2 17.25!
    V Steel 18 
    Ping G 7wd at 21
    Vsteel easier too hit
    and don't know why!

MP63   987654

MD2 50S
    588 56 TourAction
    900 60 TourAction
    ALL wedges by
    RogerCleveland
    ProPlatinumMidSLT
    Oct to March season

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wam78wam78 Members  680WRX Points: 199Handicap: NAPosts: 680 Golden Tee

I just picked up a set of Bridgestone tour b x-cb about a month ago here on the bst. My swing tends to get steep and I have to say so far so good. They have a wider sole with "pre-worn" leading edge and thin top line, which they balance really well. Have no issue cutting through the turf or shallowing out. They feel great as well. Have not played i210, but hit them in a demo and really like them as well. They felt effortless to hit. Great discussion!

Posted:
    Ts3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2 or EFW
    Ts2 15* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 7.2 or EFW
    U500 2 Iron Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Bridgestone Tour B JGR h2 4i Modus 120s 
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-pw Modus 120s
    NCW Proto 50*, Scratch raw 54*, Scratch raw 58* Modus 125 Wedge
    Toulon Las Vegas
  • jshuffjshuff Members  113WRX Points: 83Posts: 113 Fairways

I like the bounce of the Callaway Apex Pro’s but don’t like how strong the lofts are with the 2019 model.

Posted:
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2860WRX Points: 416Handicap: 8Posts: 2,860 ClubWRX

On -, @wam78 said:

I just picked up a set of Bridgestone tour b x-cb about a month ago here on the bst. My swing tends to get steep and I have to say so far so good. They have a wider sole with "pre-worn" leading edge and thin top line, which they balance really well. Have no issue cutting through the turf or shallowing out. They feel great as well. Have not played i210, but hit them in a demo and really like them as well. They felt effortless to hit. Great discussion!

I have the J15CB and added the Tour B X-CBP, which was a Japan release and is basically the Bridgestone version of the Mizzy Hot Metal Pro. The CBP also have the killed leading edge and are super easy to hit. Great mid- and long-iron replacement as needed, but play well as a full set too.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13547WRX Points: 2,419Handicap: 1.6Posts: 13,547 Titanium Tees

Ping Rapture J spec

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* VTS Red 100Hx
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6 - PW UST 95 Recoil
    Ping Glide SS 50* & 54* wrx 110 Recoil
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil 
    Piretti Matera Elite 

• BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FLMembers  3825WRX Points: 348Posts: 3,825 Titanium Tees

I'm going to steer you in a completely different direction. I'm a digger, playing firm, tight Bermuda fairways here in Central Florida, and I've found nothing better than a thin, sharp soled iron. The thinner the better. Whatever loss of forgiveness I suffer is made up for by better turf interaction. I've found the classic MP14s are near perfect for me through the turf here, and more modern blades like the MP18s are great, too.

I tried the wider-soled CBs like the i200 and AP2, but always found that the blunted soles were very cumbersome. Bermuda is a "running" turf that creates a web of grass shoots. IMO, you need sharp and thin to get through the web.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.