Original One Mini Driver

 radiman ·  
radimanradiman  4743WRX Points: 364Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 4,743 Titanium Tees
Joined:  in Equipment #1


Any info on this thing? I thought the mini driver was long gone at this point.
Posted:
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
«13456714
14

Comments

  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic  3536WRX Points: 504Handicap: 3.0Members Posts: 3,536 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2

    Supposedly an homage to the original Taylormade driver. I think it is the 40th (?) Anniversary

    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
    TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4 iron w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ Hybrid 95X
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw 50 S-Grind
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw 56 X-Grind
    Vokey Low Bounce K-Grind 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini Copper

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • radimanradiman  4743WRX Points: 364Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 4,743 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3

    On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

    Supposedly an homage to the original Taylormade driver. I think it is the 40th (?) Anniversary

    Looks like it is. I wonder if the mini driver is poised to make a comeback or if it is just a convenient way to market a limited edition club without interrupting their standard release cycle. I don't know much about the Taylormade of old. Looks like the Original One was their first metal driver? Was a bit before my time.

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSM 1549WRX Points: 295Members Posts: 1,549 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #4

    I was under the impression that the mini drivers that came out never really caught on and that's why they weren't continued. I can honestly say I think I only ever saw one of them "in the wild" in all of my golf travels and tournament play.

    This seems like a good way for them to test the market now while releasing a limited edition club under the guise of paying homage to their original metal wood.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

    The bag is always a work in progress.
  • nosedive32nosedive32  555WRX Points: 306Handicap: 8Members Posts: 555 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #5

    The SLDR S Mini was a great club. I've had the 12 and 14 degree models in and out of the bag many times. Would love to see how this baby performs

    Posted:

    Callaway Rogue 10.5 Synergy Blue 50S
    Taylormade M6 14 Atmos Orange 6S
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3-5 KBS Hybrid 80S
    Callaway Apex CF19 6-PW TT Elevate 95S
    Callaway MD4 48-10 DGS200
    Callaway PM 2.0 54 KBSw
    Callaway PM 60 KBSw
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Midslant 34 Iomic Mid
    Titleist Pro V1X Aim

  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #6

    260cc, should be shipping in a couple of months. I can say that it looks really nice in person!

    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • chch3chch3  836WRX Points: 108Members Posts: 836 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 25, 2019 #7

    I just scored a mint SLDR mini 12* at GG for $30 last week. I was going to have a shootout with it and my 2 Deep. This is going to get a strong look. I wonder if they will have them in the spring demo cycles coming up?

    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell 9.5// HZRDUS Black
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 // HZRDUS Black
    Cobra F7 Hybrid 20.5// ATMOS Tour Spec Blue
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
    Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // Nippon 120
    Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // Nippon 120
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • radimanradiman  4743WRX Points: 364Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 4,743 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @chris975d said:

    260cc, should be shipping in a couple of months. I can say that it looks really nice in person!

    Similar concept to the mini drivers of years past? Are they bringing the carbon crown over from the M series?

    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • getair23getair23  2224WRX Points: 375Members Posts: 2,224 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #9

    I wonder how much that weight on the bottom weighs. This looks like a fun club to try out, looking forward to it.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Titleist TS2 15 Aldila Rogue 70x 
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Mizuno T20 51, 54, 60, 64 TT x-100
    Miura KM 007
    Pro V1
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31922WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 31,922 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 25, 2019 #10

    My Interest has peaked:)

    Posted:
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #11

    On -, @radiman said:

    On -, @chris975d said:

    260cc, should be shipping in a couple of months. I can say that it looks really nice in person!

    Similar concept to the mini drivers of years past? Are they bringing the carbon crown over from the M series?

    Yes, carbon crown just like the M5/6 series. Painted area is gloss black instead of silver, and looks really good that way. I may actually have my M5 and M6s sent to continental to have the same treatment done.

    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9183WRX Points: 295Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,183 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @nosedive32 said:

    The SLDR S Mini was a great club. I've had the 12 and 14 degree models in and out of the bag many times. Would love to see how this baby performs

    Coincidentally, I just put the SLDR Mini back in the back two days ago. I rarely hit 3W off the deck (maybe 4-5 times per year), and it’s confidence-inspiring off the tee.

    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • The CouvThe Couv  389WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 389 Greens
    Joined:  #13

    I'd love to try one of these, especially at a shorter length like 44" or less.

    Posted:
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @The Couv said:

    I'd love to try one of these, especially at a shorter length like 44" or less.

    43.75”

    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • The CouvThe Couv  389WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 389 Greens
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @chris975d said:

    On -, @The Couv said:

    I'd love to try one of these, especially at a shorter length like 44" or less.

    43.75”

    Nice! Heavier shafts available I assume?

    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31922WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 31,922 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16

    May release date?

    Posted:
  • fredmgfredmg  80WRX Points: 67Members Posts: 80 Bunkers
    Joined:  #17
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WI 6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsMembers Posts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 26, 2019 #18

    On -, @chch3 said:

    I just scored a mint SLDR mini 12* at GG for $30 last week. I was going to have a shootout with it and my 2 Deep. This is going to get a strong look. I wonder if they will have them in the spring demo cycles coming up?

    If it happens to have a regular or senior flex shaft in it and you don't want it, I'll buy it from you. I know the chances of that on this site are slightly less than 0%, but I had to ask. My pops-in-law wants to try one and I'd like to snag one for him to try out.

    On -, @QMany said:

    On -, @nosedive32 said:

    The SLDR S Mini was a great club. I've had the 12 and 14 degree models in and out of the bag many times. Would love to see how this baby performs

    Coincidentally, I just put the SLDR Mini back in the back two days ago. I rarely hit 3W off the deck (maybe 4-5 times per year), and it’s confidence-inspiring off the tee.

    I just stuck my 2Deep in my bag a few days ago to mess around with it early in our season as well. I'd love to have it be magic, if only for a few rounds, yet again.

    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WI 6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsMembers Posts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 26, 2019 #19

    Edit for a double post?

    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • Pack7483Pack7483  641WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 641 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #20

    I will definitely check this out. I have been wanting an update to the mini drivers to come out. I wouldn't mind seeing callaway come out with a rogue/epic mini with jailbreak.

    Posted:
  • bd59bd59  837WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 837 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #21

    Not familiar with this one, but I LOVED the old fairway driver with the rails back in the day!!

    Posted:
  • Pepe8714Pepe8714 CA 193WRX Points: 103Members Posts: 193 Fairways
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @chris975d said:

    260cc, should be shipping in a couple of months. I can say that it looks really nice in person!

    can you give us some more details regarding face shape? Is it more of a driver shape with a deeper face and compact, or does it look to be useable off the fairway as well?

    Thanks!

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 2033WRX Points: 240ClubWRX Posts: 2,033 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #23

    On -, @Pepe8714 said:

    On -, @chris975d said:

    260cc, should be shipping in a couple of months. I can say that it looks really nice in person!

    can you give us some more details regarding face shape? Is it more of a driver shape with a deeper face and compact, or does it look to be useable off the fairway as well?

    Thanks!

    I didn't get a long look at it, but it does appear to possibly be playable off the fairway. For me, it would be kinda big for that, but I'm sure some could hit it off a fairway lie. I didn't get to hit with it, but at address in the shop it looked like the perfect size for a fairway wood off the tee. Deeper face than a fairway wood, and overall profile/shape at address really reminded me of a scaled down M5.

    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WI 6778WRX Points: 170Handicap: 4 kidsMembers Posts: 6,778 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @Pack7483 said:

    I will definitely check this out. I have been wanting an update to the mini drivers to come out. I wouldn't mind seeing callaway come out with a rogue/epic mini with jailbreak.

    I was talking with a few buddies the other day and said, "Epic Flash Mini with an 80g shaft option, 43.5", ~10.5* with their normal adjustable hosel; flash face, jail break, carbon fiber." Ended with a Giddy the expletive up so it sounds like they'll sell at least two of them!!

    Posted:
    Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xphlexxx Agera
    TM M5 15* w/ UST Proforce V2
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 Foxboro, MA 2589WRX Points: 181Handicap: +0.4Members Posts: 2,589 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @hayzooos said:

    On -, @Pack7483 said:

    I will definitely check this out. I have been wanting an update to the mini drivers to come out. I wouldn't mind seeing callaway come out with a rogue/epic mini with jailbreak.

    I was talking with a few buddies the other day and said, "Epic Flash Mini with an 80g shaft option, 43.5", ~10.5* with their normal adjustable hosel; flash face, jail break, carbon fiber." Ended with a Giddy the expletive up so it sounds like they'll sell at least two of them!!

    Make it 3!

    ...... AND. I don't like to speak on behalf of others, but I'm sure Ari would make it 4!

    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Epic Flash Star 10.5° Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Super Hybrid 17° Tourspec Speeder 904 X
    Callaway TC Apex Hybrid 18° Tourspec Speeder 904 X
    Callaway TC Apex Hybrid 23° Tourspec Speeder 904 X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 Prototype iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•1008 7-9
     Prototype iCWT 105 X
     Miura Raw Handgrind 46° | 06° Prototype iCWT 105 X
    Miura Raw Handgrind 52° | 10° Prototype iCWT 105 X
    Miura Raw Handgrind 58° | 10° Prototype iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf Smoke KM•007 Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Bridgestone Golf Tour B XS
  • Pwood28Pwood28  421WRX Points: 111Members Posts: 421 Greens
    Joined:  #26

    I hated SLDR, but loved the SLDR mini. Would probably have kept it if I knew how to pull and install shafts at the time. I've loved the M series drivers, so I think I'm definitely intrigued to see what's coming here.

    Posted:
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred  4365WRX Points: 547Sponsors Posts: 4,365 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @EaglesGolf99 said:

    On -, @hayzooos said:

    On -, @Pack7483 said:

    I will definitely check this out. I have been wanting an update to the mini drivers to come out. I wouldn't mind seeing callaway come out with a rogue/epic mini with jailbreak.

    I was talking with a few buddies the other day and said, "Epic Flash Mini with an 80g shaft option, 43.5", ~10.5* with their normal adjustable hosel; flash face, jail break, carbon fiber." Ended with a Giddy the expletive up so it sounds like they'll sell at least two of them!!

    Make it 3!

    ...... AND. I don't like to speak on behalf of others, but I'm sure Ari would make it 4!

    Oh I will definitely have one of these when available (or sooner if possible).

    Posted:
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG:
    Twitter:
    (still a huge club HO)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  9586WRX Points: 3,061Handicap: 8Members Posts: 9,586 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #28

    some people will buy anything....

    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • Rig14PortRig14Port  933WRX Points: 247Handicap: +18Members Posts: 933 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #29

    I could totally see something like this going in Tiger's bag if his driving accuracy issues continue.Would love to know if he's seen and/or tested it. Augusta fairway finder? Pretty sure WRX would break the internet if Greg could catch him on the range with one.

    Hey Taylormade, go ahead and hit that like button if i'm on to something here...

    Posted:
    Cally Mavrik SZ 9.0 -1* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70X
    Cally Mavrik SZ 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    TM GAPR LO 19* -1.5* Aldila RIP a 105X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    Cameron T22 Newport
  • jll62jll62 Minneapolis 2360WRX Points: 603Handicap: +2.4ClubWRX Posts: 2,360 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #30

    On -, @Rig14Port said:

    I could totally see something like this going in Tiger's bag if his driving accuracy issues continue.Would love to know if he's seen and/or tested it. Augusta fairway finder? Pretty sure WRX would break the internet if Greg could catch him on the range with one.

    Hey Taylormade, go ahead and hit that like button if i'm on to something here...

    You really think Tiger is having accuracy issues this year? Small sample size so far, but his driving accuracy coming into this week was 65% compared to 59% last season. He's been driving it fairly well overall.

    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P750 3-6, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade P7TW 7-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Tour Proto milled Juno, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy  3375WRX Points: 334Members Posts: 3,375 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #31

    Not sure what the point of this club is. Why go to inferior tech and forgiveness?

    Posted:
14

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.