hoenesshoeness Hoin 4 lifeNaplesMembers Posts: 7 ClubWRX

New Software Poll. Hope and wish it away 77 votes

I have hope that the new software will eventually be better
49% 38 votes
I have no hope and want the old school forum software
50% 39 votes

Comments

• Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 968 ClubWRX

Not sure where to put this but hope you will see it - easy fix. Whenever I enter an emoji from my phone (always just a smile or thumbs up) WRX never recognizes it and just shows (talking about the old site) question marks. If TCC and Puttertalk can use my iPhones emojis, surely you guys can. Thanks! :-)
    Rob

• bbr16bbr16 Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 5:34pm #3

Really annoying how compact the desktop forum view is. Font too big, post title too not wide enough, way too much space on each side of the body container.

Post edited by bbr16 on
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,664 ClubWRX

The current setup is FAR from perfect (right now), but the old software wasn't without it's bugs/limitations either. I hate the way the new site looks, but I think it will get better. If they can get it back to close to what it used to be (hopefully sooner rather than later) and fix the limitations in the process - then I am all for it. It is a pain to navigate the forum as-is right now though.

WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam Members Posts: 399 ✭✭

the new site is making a ton of progress and is looking a heck of a lot better now that the user list is gone and the background has some grey to it.

• mlessermlesser Members Posts: 450 ✭✭

Anyone know how to search just the forum you are in? I was in the classified and entered "Ping" and every topic relating to Ping came in.

• HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers Posts: 6,303 ✭✭

@mlesser said:
    Anyone know how to search just the forum you are in? I was in the classified and entered "Ping" and every topic relating to Ping came in.

Click on the magnify glass on right edge of search bar
    click on the down arrow on the right edge of search bar
    Then type in your search terms
    Use the "category" drop down to select the forum you want to search
    Would be nice if the search default to the current forum section.

New system makes it difficult to vertically separate a line to emphasize it. Like if someone says something, then....
    wants to finish the comment way down here.

• tdelamtdelam Club Junkie Members Posts: 3,500 ✭✭

Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx is was

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Pro Driver | Ping ie [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]| Titleist SM5 Wedges | [/font]TM Spider[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] | Srixon Z Star[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/tdelam/[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]https://www.flickr.c...otos/evelocity/[/font]
    edited Mar 27, 2019 5:34pm #9

@tdelam said:
    Bring back the old design. The UX is horrible! You don't "remove" features in replace to a whole new UI for the sake of it, especially with a site as large as Golfwrx is was

It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

• turtlekcturtlekc 1995 MN PGA WisconsinClubWRX Posts: 12,779 ClubWRX

Getting better every day, and no doubt it will be great again soon.

I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again

Bump test ( testing the "pinned" BST thread )

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,312 ✭✭

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

It wasn't done just for the sake of it. There is an Announcement thread in this forum section...Richard explains on page 1. With the old software, the board was on the verge of crashing constantly.

THIS.

Had you read the new board you would have seen this.

So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 716 AP-1, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64 DGS300

Taylormade Spidex-X Blue/single white line (Today - always subject to change)
    Titleist AVX
  • bobcatbobcat Members Posts: 3,914 ✭✭

Most likely this was done for the Mobile Users to the detriment of traditional computer users like myself. While I hope it gets better, I seriously doubt it will ever be as easy and as fun to use as the old forum format for those of us who access the site with a traditional laptop or desktop computer.... :/

What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
    Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
    Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
    Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
    Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
    Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
    Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
    Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
    Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft
    edited Mar 27, 2019 5:45pm #14

@bobcat said:
    Most likely this was done for the Mobile Users to the detriment of traditional computer users like myself. While I hope it gets better, I seriously doubt it will ever be as easy and as fun to use as the old forum format for those of us who access the site with a traditional laptop or desktop computer.... :/

Ardent mobile user here...

I cannot imagine how the mobile version would ever be easier to use. It is the desktop versions with some limitations that come along with smaller screen and limited input devices. No mouse, and no real keyboard.

The reason for the change has been talked about a few times, including a few posts up in this thread. :)

• bbr16bbr16 Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 5:49pm #15

Looks much better after only a one line css change with stylebot. I won't post post instructions, since I don't want to get banned since it moves the ads around.

• AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,207 ✭✭

Just logged in after a winter away due to rotator cuff repair - I like the new digs!

TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • tdelamtdelam Club Junkie Members Posts: 3,500 ✭✭

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

So your post/poll is basically useless. You should probably just delete it (if you can or request the mods delete it).

Just an opinion as there are 2 rather large threads enumerating the "issues" (real or imagined) that the MODS are looking at and it looks like this one is shaping up to just more of the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Pro Driver | Ping ie [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]| Titleist SM5 Wedges | [/font]TM Spider[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] | Srixon Z Star[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/tdelam/[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]https://www.flickr.c...otos/evelocity/[/font]
  • copegolfercopegolfer Members Posts: 204 ✭✭

Can we please get an app version for us who like viewing on our phones or tablets?

CP

Cobra F9 10.5 Atmos TS Black 60X
    Cobra F8 3/4 (14.5) NV 2KXV Blue 80X
    Cobra Baffler 18.5 NV 2KXV Blue 80X
    Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
    SM6 52 F Grind, 56 & 60 M Grind
    EvnRoll ER8 mallet
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 827 ✭✭

I've been trying to place in my mind what the new GolfWRX forum site looks like. And then it dawned on me. It's Quora. Go visit www.quora.com and you will notice the similarities. At least we get wider amounts of content. Both Quora and GolfWRX web sites hurt my eyes. They need to dump the white and go with light gray and dark gray.

@tdelam said:

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

Sounds poorly managed, imho. "On the verge of crashing" is vague. Lots of things you can do mitigate it in the meantime while upgrading without issues. I digress. I don't pay to be here :) Hopefully things will be fixed with summer coming :)

Yes, what I said was vague, because I don’t work for golfwrx. But I trust that they know what they are doing, and take Richard at his word.

With limited resources, they could have kept putting out fires for months and months. And never had the time to devote to finishing the new platform.

• forembcforembc Posts: 211 ✭✭
    edited Mar 28, 2019 2:33am #21

The new search is not useful. The drop down menu is a pain. The old search was much better because it searched the area you were currently in. Please change.

Callaway XR16 GD BB
    TM M2 HL Matrix
    TM SLDR 3 Hybrid TP Fuji Motore Speeder
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4
    Mizuno MP-H4 5
    Bridgestone 6-PWJ40 N.S. Pro Modus
    Bridgestone J15 Black Oxide 50/54/58
    SC Golo S(murdered)

@forembc said:
    The new search is not useful. The drop down menu is a pain. The old search was much better because it searched the area you were currently in. Please change.

Good luck with management seeing this here. The thread should be deleted.

Try here - https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1720874/please-add-any-bugs-problems-with-new-software-and-feedback-here/p38

ANY SITE GUIDANCE I OFFER, UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE, IS REFERRING TO THE "DESKTOP/FULL" VERSION

Titleist AVX

@tdelam said:

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Titleist AVX
  • finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members Posts: 5,406 ✭✭

The new site seems ok. The new Puttertalk.com is definitely the one to model after. It’s clean as can be.

Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • gary3acesgary3aces Members Posts: 435 ✭✭

I have no idea how to sell anything any more.Use to be so simple.Any advice?

Thanks,Gary

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,663 ✭✭

@nsxguy said:

@tdelam said:

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

What you need to remember is this board was started as, and primarily continues to be, a hobby. Run by golfers, not corporate executives. There is no IT staff on payroll.

A professional IT organization would have not have rolled this out this way. They've owned their mistake(s) and if there's a next time I'd bet it'd be done much better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know that is true. I think this site generates a tidy sum. I've never seen easy post otherwise. If you have facts I'd like to hear them.

• tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,304 ✭✭

The OP has 6 posts, and they're complaining about the new site?

Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
    Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
    Irons: Ping i200 3 iron, Ping iE1 4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Classics Huntington Beach #1, 35"

@gary3aces said:
    I have no idea how to sell anything any more.Use to be so simple.Any advice?

Thanks,Gary

What's confusing you ?

Titleist AVX
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,557 admin
    edited Apr 7, 2019 3:43am #29

@Matt J said:

@nsxguy said:

@tdelam said:

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

I don't know that is true. I think this site generates a tidy sum. I've never seen easy post otherwise. If you have facts I'd like to hear them.

We wear many hats in the organization. Only one of us would qualify as a programmer. There is no dedicated full time programmers on staff.

Tidy sum supports the podcasters and Greg on tour as well as many initiatives.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk

@Matt J said:

@nsxguy said:

@tdelam said:

@nsxguy said:

@HitEmTrue said:

@tdelam said:

THIS.

What part isn't true ? You seem to indicate I said it doesn't generate any revenue. I don't believe I said that.

Titleist AVX
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭

@finalist said:
    The new site seems ok. The new Puttertalk.com is definitely the one to model after. It’s clean as can be.

Agree with this. The new Puttertalk format is awesome, organized, and very user friendly.

This discussion has been closed.