What up with Jordan?

1444546474850»

Comments

• PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

-4 on Sunday, finishes T6, horrible mechanics and all.

• gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KRAMER1997 said:
    I hate to say it but Spieth's not breaking 73 tomorrow.

Solid 67. Albeit with a stupid amount of putts (21) but that's part of the game. Pretty cool. Hopefully he keeps it going.

• KRAMER1997KRAMER1997 Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

@gunmetal said:

@KRAMER1997 said:

Solid 67. Albeit with a stupid amount of putts (21) but that's part of the game. Pretty cool. Hopefully he keeps it going.

Nice round today, but he putted lights out today. He only hit 19 greens the last 36 holes, and if he keeps on hitting it like that he's not winning anytime soon.

• OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KRAMER1997 said:

@gunmetal said:

@KRAMER1997 said:

Nice round today, but he putted lights out today. He only hit 19 greens the last 36 holes, and if he keeps on hitting it like that he's not winning anytime soon.

He's almost always putted lights out though and I don't think even he is expecting to win right now. Better signs but still too early to read too much into it.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe its the T100's fault.....just sayin......well, his season came to a horrific end once again....maybe he has peaked and this is who he really is??? I thought he would win and comeback strong....boy was I wrong.....hopefully we see him in the winners circle when the season restarts but I'm not hopeful after this year.....where are you Jordan?????

• johnsegjohnseg Members Posts: 333 ✭✭✭✭

Well, he has time before the silly season starts. He should really go to work. The game tee to green has just been way inconsistent. The short game has been solid and the putter streaky as putters always are.
    I think that YJS is close but he might be at a crossroad between what people want him to be or becoming a cash machine like a Kuchar.

• PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

I can't see his competitive fire allow him to be "like Kuchar" anytime soon. Seems like the type where his quest for perfection will not really lead to any sort of consistency, not anytime soon at least.

• agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting that he's now gone two "seasons" without a win. Phil never had a two-year gap until he got old. Rory's younger but hasn't gone two years yet either. Not sure about Tiger; he had 2010-2011but he didn't play a full schedule then due to personal and health issues.

In terms of the future, I guess it doesn't really matter that the drought is at two seasons though. Will be interesting to see what his fall season looks like. I kind of assumed some of his fall play last year was due to not playing enough events during the season. Don't know if he'll try to work through it at some of the lesser events or just disappear until next year.

Also wonder about any changes to the team (seems like instructor most likely) or if he continues to give it a go as is for another season...

Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  Ping Eye 2+ (58*) or Ping Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • rafalrafal Members Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Jordan's biggest problem atm is that the aura is gone. The 2 years wasn't just without a win but with the kind of performances that created tons of scar tissue. He's pretty much damaged goods mentally even if he can still play a decent round like 67 with 21 putts. But you can't win tournaments with it.

TM M4 10.5* Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M4 Rescue 3
    TM R15 Rescue 5 PXi 5.5
    Titleist AP2 5-P PXi 5.5
    PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
    TM DLL+ 34.5"
  • johnsegjohnseg Members Posts: 333 ✭✭✭✭

It all seemed to start as his hair improved.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnseg said:
    It all seemed to start as his hair improved.

Reverse Sampson syndrome ?

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

This off season is huge for Jordan, he needs to sort out the driver.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@OldTomMorris said:

Is that easy?

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gvogel said:

@OldTomMorris said:

Is that easy?

Maybe.
    Maybe not.

@North Texas said:

@gvogel said:

@OldTomMorris said:

Is that easy?

Maybe.
    Maybe not.

I doubt it's easy or he'd have surely sorted it by now. I'm sure it's easier to address in an off season. I still believe there is enough signs to be optimistic.
    Golf is more exciting with Spieth competing at the top of the leaderboard so for that reason alone I hope he returns sooner rather than later.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • disco111disco111 Members Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 21, 2019 2:47pm #1487

Just like many that have posted, we are all just guessing at what is wrong...........But regardless of what is wrong, if a tour pro with a posse of supporters can't correct a problem in a 2 year time frame, what ever it may be, swing, clubs, head, then I'm going out on a limb and saying that as far as being a winner on tour again - "ain't gonna happen". Now in honesty, I'm also hoping for that reverse psychology to kick in after that statement.........

• thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Caddy change next season?

• North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@thevaporz said:
    Caddy change next season?

If that will get rid of the two way miss with the driver, then he should do it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file