Ignore/block feature

2»

Answers

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27118WRX Points: 462Posts: 27,118 Marshals

On -, @caseFSU said:

The anti-American/military talk was a bit much but to each his own.

Was it reported?

The limit was raised to 1000. We have a request in to change from buried to hide.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6795WRX Points: 1,175Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,795 Titanium Tees

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Change request is in to block content entirely and raise limit.

When is this happening? The end of the US Open thread was about enough for me.

Because one or more posters posted some boring, or even objectionable content at the end of a thread you want to block ALL of their content ? Forever ?

Am I understanding you correctly ?

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• caseFSUcaseFSU Members  222WRX Points: 80Posts: 222 Fairways

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Because one or more posters posted some boring, or even objectionable content at the end of a thread you want to block ALL of their content ? Forever ?

If someone annoys me repeatedly or overruns threads with nonsense, yes, I don't want to read through 90 pages of some guy screaming "TIIIIIGGGGGEEERRR" or other crap.
    This is all a moot point. This functionality (blocking people and NOT seeing any of their content) was a part of the site before they rolled out their new version. I'm simply asking when it will be back to how it was beforehand (if ever).

If you don't like it, feel free to block me.

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6795WRX Points: 1,175Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,795 Titanium Tees

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

If someone annoys me repeatedly or overruns threads with nonsense, yes, I don't want to read through 90 pages of some guy screaming "TIIIIIGGGGGEEERRR" or other crap.
    This is all a moot point. This functionality (blocking people and NOT seeing any of their content) was a part of the site before they rolled out their new version. I'm simply asking when it will be back to how it was beforehand (if ever).

Thanks for your reply.

So somebody respectfully asks you a legitimate question you reply with a snarky "If you don't like it feel free to block me" ?

I don't block anybody. But if I was to start blocking people, it sounds like you might be on the list. LOL

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Thanks for your reply.

So somebody respectfully asks you a legitimate question you reply with a snarky "If you don't like it feel free to block me" ?

I don't block anybody. But if I was to start blocking people, it sounds like you might be on the list. LOL

Thanks for reaching out. You asked me to clarify my view three times in one post. My apologies if I felt you were being sarcastic with your inquiry.

Posted:
  • Jack_HJack_H Think people. Think. south carolinaMembers  30857WRX Points: 7,112Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,857 Titanium Tees

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Thanks for your reply.

High five brother .... we don’t have to argue about this one. I don’t get it either. The idea that you want to just block out half of the content makes no sense to me. How do you have context on the conversation if half the posters posts are blocked ? I genuinely am so curious about this. I’d love to understand the impetus behind the idea. My curiosity would drive me nuts. Never knowing what I was missing. Lol.

Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

Advertisement
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6361WRX Points: 314Posts: 6,361 Titanium Tees

I don't think I've ignored anyone on a forum.

This is a great place to work on my "eye rolls".

Posted:

X________________________________
    Sign Here

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Thanks for your reply.

High five brother .... we don’t have to argue about this one. I don’t get it either. The idea that you want to just block out half of the content makes no sense to me. How do you have context on the conversation if half the posters posts are blocked ? I genuinely am so curious about this. I’d love to understand the impetus behind the idea. My curiosity would drive me nuts. Never knowing what I was missing. Lol.

You bring up a great point. Without context how would one know what someone one didn't block was talking about when he/she is referring to someone's post who one did block ?

Which brings up another point. I wonder how it'll work when someone you haven't blocked quotes someone you have blocked,,,,,,,,,,, I'll have to test that sometime just for curiosity's sake. LOL

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @caseFSU said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Thanks for your reply.

You bring up a great point. Without context how would one know what someone one didn't block was talking about when he/she is referring to someone's post who one did block ?

Which brings up another point. I wonder how it'll work when someone you haven't blocked quotes someone you have blocked,,,,,,,,,,, I'll have to test that sometime just for curiosity's sake. LOL

I can only state how it worked in the past:
    If you block someone, you will not see their original comment. If someone "quotes them" you will see the original comment along with whatever they have "quoted" in that post in the reply.

Posted:
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  1902WRX Points: 1,324Posts: 1,902 Platinum Tees

We need the old ignore feature back. It works on the mobile site. I.e., I see the ignored person's name but not their post. On the website all is does is shade the post but it's still clearly visible. It actually makes the posts more noticeable since it is different than other posts but still very readable. If you can't have a functional ignore button just eliminate it altogether.

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20912WRX Points: 4,872Posts: 20,912 ClubWRX

On -, @Badds said:

We need the old ignore feature back. It works on the mobile site. I.e., I see the ignored person's name but not their post. On the website all is does is shade the post but it's still clearly visible. It actually makes the posts more noticeable since it is different than other posts but still very readable. If you can't have a functional ignore button just eliminate it altogether.

When you see them do you have some health threatening reaction, lol?

"I see those words!"

Seriously, I've never had the energy to ignore and pretty sure I can avert my eyes if I'm afraid of some text.

Carry on.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Badds said:

Don't see why (we need it). As you said, the grayed out post IS noticeable since it's different - BUT it's also quite OBVIOUS as to what it is.

Maybe try using some self control and just scroll past it instead of peeking at what your "ignored guy" wrote ?

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

Don't see why (we need it). As you said, the grayed out post IS noticeable since it's different - BUT it's also quite OBVIOUS as to what it is.

Maybe try using some self control and just scroll past it instead of peeking at what your "ignored guy" wrote ?

How many people do you have on ignore right now?

Posted:
    Post edited by GeorgeHWB on

On -, @Badds said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

Not sure why that's relevant but none. I have the (will) power to ignore posts (by people) I don't want to read.

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

Not sure why that's relevant but none.

Which is what I suspected.

Posted:

On -, @Badds said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

And you were right. Congrats. So ?

I put you on ignore just to see what your issue is and it's a non-starter.

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

Advertisement

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

Please do.

Posted:

On -, @Badds said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Badds said:

Please do.

Sorry, but no. I don't block anybody. I have self control.

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

• mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3700WRX Points: 456Posts: 3,700 Titanium Tees

Please fix this feature.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members  3666WRX Points: 588Handicap: 3.0Posts: 3,666 Titanium Tees

Yes, please! I just tried to ignore a user and the posts still just go to grey.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
    TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
    TaylorMade Sim Max Rescue 19° w/ HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 3-9 w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48°,53°,58° w/ DG S400 Tour Issue
    Evnroll ER1TS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.