LIVE Q&A with Bob Bettinardi! Wednesday April 10, 2pm ET/11am PT. Plus Giveaway! Ask questions now!

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,282 mod

JUMP TO START OF LIVE Q&A

WHAT

Join GolfWRX for a LIVE Q&A with Bob and Sam Bettinardi on Wednesday, April 10th, 2pm EDT (1pm CDT). They'll be here to answer your questions on all things Bettinardi Golf, including:

• Bettinardi's Spring Limited Release - BB1 Copper
  • Fred Couples Signature Putter (1/34)
  • Recent Tour Signings including Web.com tour players, Seth Reeves, and ???
  • New Personalities like Eddie Pepperell on staff
  • The Armlock Trend on Tour and RJB’s pioneering the technology
  • The 2019 Lineup Including Studio and Queen B lines
  • What's next? 2020 and beyond...

WHO

Robert J. Bettinardi - President and Founder of Bettinardi Golf
Sam Bettinardi - Vice President of Bettinardi Golf

WHEN

Wednesday, April 10th, 2pm EDT (1pm CDT)

WHERE

This will be the live chat thread. Tune in here.

GIVEAWAY

If your question is answered, you'll be entered in a random giveaway for a stock Studio or Queen B putter of your choice!

ASK QUESTIONS NOW

We know everyone can't necessarily join us live, so ask your question below today to be part of the chat and hopefully the giveaway

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by HipCheck on

Comments

• HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,282 mod

We're ready for your questions below!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
     Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• johnny_golfballjohnny_golfball Members Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hey guys! I was wondering what the advantage of face milling over an insert to a putter does for feel and roll?
    thank you and keep making excellent putters, especially for lefties:)

• crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members Posts: 684 ✭✭

What is the weirdest request you have had for a custom putter?
    Thanks

Tour issue Taylormade M4 with Ozik Tp7x or m6 with a hulk
    PXG 0341 gen 2 15 with TPT 15 
    Tour issue p790 3i with steelfiber 110x
    PXG 4-p C-Taper Lite 115x
    PXG 50-54-60 Darkness C-Taper Lite 115x
    Tour issue Jailbird Mini 
  • zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members Posts: 1,153 ✭✭

How did you get your start in the putter business?

• akseemakseem Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Is there any plan for more Queen B models in left handed?

• FryeManTXFryeManTX Members Posts: 108 ✭✭

What's the back story to the Poison Kool-Aid logo? And how do I get one?!?
    Thanks love your putters, I have two BB0's I switch between all the time.

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭

Are there any plans to release a retail plumber's neck mallet or mid mallet putter(for instance, like a QB10 or SS38 with plumber's neck)? Not to be confused with a wide body blade like the QB5. Thanks!

• OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX Posts: 2,399 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 10, 2019 10:33am #9

What a great start to Masters Week! Thank you Team Bettinardi!

How has technology changed in the last 20+ years in regards to milling tolerances and procedures that are available today vs the 90's when you were just getting started?

Post edited by Oaks on
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,777 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 9, 2019 5:34pm #10

OMG OMG OMG OMG... My head is going to explode with all the questions!!! I'll try to limit them but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking the time to answer our questions!!!
    The current SS and QB lines seem to draw from past designs. How do you choose a path to develop new designs - leveraging previous designs vs. all new? Where does the inspiration come from when creating something like the QB6?
    Does the type of face milling affect feel (aside from a FIT face) or is it dependent on material? Is the large honeycomb softer/harder than the small honeycomb? where does a flymill face fit in?
    I've notice that your putter lines all share a similar design philosophy. How do you decide on that philosophy? Is it a conscious decision or developed over time?
    Where do you see the Bettinardi retail releases going in the future? More multimaterial? More unique designs? New face milling?

Again, thank you!!!!!!

Post edited by jokerusn on
    M4 10.5°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    M5 15°  Fujikura Pro73
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS Red 85
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 80
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    AR custom putter

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • kiw1982kiw1982 Members Posts: 1,209 ✭✭

What is yours brands strength over Scotty Cameron in your opinion?

(I love yours more anyway lol)

Mizuno        ST-180 Driver w/KuroKage HBP 50 S+
    Taylormade  M6 3 Wood w/NV 2KXV Blue 75 S+
    Mizuno        CLK  3 Hybrid w/Tensei Blue HB 80  S+
    Taylormade  P790 4-G Irons w/KBS Tour 130 S+
    Mizuno        T7 56/10 Wedge w/KBS Tour 130 S+
    Mizuno        S18 60/06 Wedge w/KBS Tour 130 S+
    Odyssey      O-Works 1WS Putter
  • vartanickvartanick Members Posts: 148 ✭✭

Are you searching new technologies regarding putters shafts

Regards!

• BearQBearQ Members Posts: 3,506 ✭✭

With the recent trend of short slant mallet putters like the spider, does Bettinardi have any intentions of designing a model of something similar? I imagine it becomes harder to replicate your signature feel when departing to radical headshapes and use of multi-material heads?

Cobra LTD Pro 9.5* - Matrix Type C 70X
    TM M2 Tour 3W or 3HL - Matrix Black Tie 80M4-X
    TM TP UDI #3 (20*) - Matrix Black Tie HM4 105X
    Srixon Z945 (4-P) - Nippon SPB X
    Cobra MB (50*)  Nike VR Forged (56DS)  Cleveland RTX2 raw (60.08W)
    Spider Tour Black 35" - ping blackout

• pricenickypricenicky Members Posts: 113 ✭✭

I used to distribute your putters in Canada and still play the original bb1.Any thought of bringing out the old stock - bb8 bb41 etc with honeycomb face?

• pricenickypricenicky Members Posts: 113 ✭✭

do you measure the various face designs for hardness .How do you qualify feel??

• niscur24niscur24 Members Posts: 1,486 ✭✭

Why the change from carbon steel in the 2017/18 SS to stainless on the 2019 models?
    Do you normally get feedback that the fit face feels softer/needing to be whacked harder than the honeycomb milling? My 2016 BB1F feels much firmer than my SS28 to the point of being short on almost every putt the first time using with the SS28 on the course. Fit face feels great but just was not rolling out vs the BB1.

DRIVER: G400 Ahina 70 or Cobra F8+ Rogue Silver 70
    FAIRWAY: G410 14.5 Evenflow 85 or Cobra F8+ 3/4 & 5/6 Tour Blue 85
    HYBRIDS: G Hybrid 17/22 Tour 90 or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
    IRONS: I210 5-PW LZ 6.0 or Cobra Tour Forged 5-Pw KBS Flighted 125
    WEDGES: Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0 or Nike Vr Forged 50/54/58 DG
    PUTTER: Some form of a Scotty or Betti
    WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

• sosob34sosob34 Members Posts: 177 ✭✭

Do you believe the armlock "trend" will continue to rise on tour? I am interested in perhaps switching to the armlock method. I currently use a counter balance putter, but still struggle with consistency. In your fitting, do you find golfers gain a more consistent stroke with the armlock? Thanks for your time.

• cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,214 ClubWRX

In your opinion, what's the most interesting change/shift in the putter market? Ex: the switch from blades to mallets, putter weight, putting styles/form changing what putters are used. etc

Second, how often do you work with professional golfers that are using a putter that's not a great fit?

Ping G400 Max - Diamana DF 60 TX or Accra RPG 462 M5 or Accra TZ5 65 M5 or Accra TZ6 75 M5
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck - Ping Ketsch TR - Bettinardi BB0 Texas Tea - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
  • 808Grinder808Grinder Members Posts: 366 ✭✭

What putter do you have in your bag?

• gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭

Why do you think mallets with flow necks are becoming much more popular in the last 2-3 years? For years you could only ever get double bend mallet shafts, now you have a lot more options.

Second - why do so few manufacturers make a long neck putter to achieve face balance? I love my Anser Milled 5, but that is the only option I can find outside of a full custom to get a face balanced putter without a double bend shaft.

Thanks!

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,494 ✭✭

Given the different milling patterns, materials used on various models, what is your personal favorite and why? When are you going to have a retail or limited release BB5 flowneck? Asking for a friend🙊, ok- myself😀

Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661 
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 
    Taylormade paintbreak V steel 18* Purple Ice 85
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
  • azkaevolutionazkaevolution Members Posts: 763 ✭✭

How did the color scheme for the 2019 Queen Bee line come to fruition? Personally love the look, but others I have spoken to think it's too "girly" for them.

Callaway GBB (2015) 10.5*, KK Black TiNi 50 R
    Callaway XR 17*, Project X LZ 50 
    Callaway XR16 Steelhead 19* Hybrid, Matrix Ozik Program F15 65g
    Adams New Idea 25*, Bassara Eagle R-flex
    Mizuno 2016 JPX EZ Forged, 5i-PW TT XP95 R300
    Titleist SM7 Vokey 50.08 F Grind
    Titleist SM5 Vokey 54.10 M Grind
    Callaway MD2 Tour 58.09 T Grind
    Odyssey Versa Black 90 V-line Superstroke
  • j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members Posts: 617 ✭✭

How have the relationships with Kool-Aid and now Double Bubble come to fruition? What about these companies, specifically, captured your attention and affection?

(I greatly enjoy both of the collections)...

• fpyle3fpyle3 PennsylvaniaMembers Posts: 110 ✭✭

What are the differences between and/or advantages of the newer micro-honeycomb face vs. the traditional larger honeycomb face?

I'm a big fan of the original H2 wedges (see signature), any plans to expand grind options on future wedge releases?

Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5*, PX Evenflow White 65 6.5
    Fairway Wood/b]: Titleist TS3, 13.5*, PX Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Hybrid: Apex 2019 18*, PX Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    3/4 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*, Nippon Modus 120X
    5-6: Callaway Apex Pro, Nippon Modus 120X 
    7-9: Callaway Apex Pro Dot, Nippon Modus 120X
    PW-GW: Callaway Apex MB, Nippon Modus 120X
    Sand/Lob: Titleist SM7 54M (bent 55*) and 60D, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
    Putter: TM Spider Mini Silver 
    Ball: Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited Apr 10, 2019 8:32pm #25

Hello Mr. Bettinardi, Sam and Crew, I really like where you guys are going with The "Hive" releases and cover designs. My main question is who would you say is/was the main artists/ deigner of these great characters such a s the Wizard, the Fat Cat, The Stinger and Kool Aid, Double Bubble, T-Hives and not to forget all the different Zombies? My personal favorite has always been the "Party On" theme from Waste Management Open. Keep up the great work. Another question is how does one get an invite to the different Social events held at Studio B?

Thanks for reading my question, Tim W.

PS: Here's what I have so far of the Party On, Think I'm just missing the Tour Version 2019 and the 1 of Buffalo versions. I have the 2016 version. If you could can you tell me if I'm missing any others versions I'm not aware of? Thanks Again!

Post edited by TWshoot67 on
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • Wall-EWall-E Members Posts: 330 ✭✭

You guys turn out some really cool creative putter designs and matching headcovers. I love seeing the rapid release of all the putters. Besides the art behind the putter, how do you try and one up the competition in today markets with some many putters in game today?

• xxioxxio Members Posts: 5,684 ✭✭

Any chance the Country Club series makes a comeback?
    I have 3.

My buddies and I loved the idea of being to put your own logo/design on a putter.

• tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,289 ✭✭

Most of the major manufacturers have resorted to wilder styled mallets, deeper/patterned milled faces, different inserts, excessive sight lines/dots/etc... While i actually like some of these designs I do miss how putters used to look back in the day. Any chance you would ever consider making a classic blade-style putter with a solid face and no guide markings?

• GripRightGripRight Members Posts: 135 ✭✭

What is the MOST IMPORTANT factor or factors when fitting someone into a putter?

• RobYakesRobYakes "You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen" Washington, D.C.Members, ClubWRX Posts: 346 ✭✭

Most Betti putters have a stock head weight of 350g+ which tend to be on the heavier side of offerings in the putter market. Do you think amateurs and others are better off with a slightly heavier putter head vs. lighter, and what benefits do you see from it if so?

Would love to hear your opinions/thoughts on today's current putter market and where you think the industry is going in the next 10-20 years? We've seen a focus lately on innovations in putter shafts, but do you envision any major tech or innovation changes to putter heads down the road?

What is it like working as a father-son duo? Are there any memorable (or shareable) disagreements that you two have had over the years working together?

Many thanks!

M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661S // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // P790 Modus 120S // MILLED GRIND 50* & 54* Modus 115W // HI-TOE 60* Modus 115W // SPIDER X 34"
  • DblEglDblEgl Members Posts: 761 ✭✭

Thanks for taking our questions and being a part of the Forum.
    What do you think is the greatest determinant of putter design for distance control and your approach to it. Thanks.