Golf85's no loyalty bag

Had this setup for a few years with upgraded driver and wedges. Cant really see much changing, nothing special or bespoke about it, all OEM stuff, but i am 6'5" and so its all fitted well. Absolutely love each manufacturer for each type of club!

TaylorMade M4 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue X
Ping G 3W - 14.5* - Tour AD DJ-7X
Ping G 3H - 19* - Alta 70 X
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged - 4-PW - DG SL s300
Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 58D
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 - 2015

Comments

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,575 ✭✭

Only four OEM's? Blasphemy :)

Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood, Tensei Blue A
    Callaway V Sole 7-wood, Bassara R
    Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW, Recoil 95 F3
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
  • golf85golf85 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

@rgk5 said:

Haha, maybe i switch from ProV1x's to Srixon balls to make up for it???

Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 58D
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,286 ✭✭

I like it of course everyone here that knows me knows that I am a fan of a mixed bag. Play what works no matter the year it was made or who made it

@rgk5 said:

Ha ha last week was tame for me I had only 5 brands--- Homna , Adams, Ping , Mizuno and Spalding and even played a Callaway ball. And yes I said Spalding as in a original TP Mills #3

• glmglm Members Posts: 203 ✭✭

I envy you guys that can play the mixed bag. I don't know why but everything has to match in my bag, it just does.
    Play well all!

@glm said:
    I envy you guys that can play the mixed bag. I don't know why but everything has to match in my bag, it just does.
    Play well all!

Well to each his own nothing wrong with how you do it either---- Hey play what works for your game or what you enjoy playing

• glmglm Members Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hey Big Stu
    I am having trouble warming up to this new WRX format. Am I missing something or is this a mess?
    glm

• IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭

How do u like the d grind?

@Ivyguy said:
    How do u like the d grind?

Absolutely love the D grind. I used to play a 60' wedge, but didnt like it much out of the fairway for shorter straight forward pitches. This D grind at 58 is perfect for those shots, and i lose nothing on delicate or bunker shots because i can open it so easily, still retains its bounce, and sits low.

Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 58D

@glm said:
    Play well all!

I used to be the same way! I'm kind of OCD with other things like that in my life. Im not sure how i first got over it, i think it was Vokey wedges, then Mizzy irons (previously all TM). TBH it still bugs me a bit haha, but i cant argue with the results ive gotten from each different type of club and manufacturer.

Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 58D
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prisonMembers Posts: 298 ✭✭

@golf85 You have good taste. I also have a TaylorMade driver, Mizuno irons, and Vokey wedges. I like the matte finish and face height of recent Ping fairways but just can't get behind the turbulator thingies. And I almost went with the D grind too at my recent fitting; it narrowly lost out to the S grind.

@jackbauer said:
    @golf85 You have good taste. I also have a TaylorMade driver, Mizuno irons, and Vokey wedges. I like the matte finish and face height of recent Ping fairways but just can't get behind the turbulator thingies. And I almost went with the D grind too at my recent fitting; it narrowly lost out to the S grind.

Awesome! I hate the turbulators haha. They do frame the ball well though i must say. Actually helped me realize a bit more visually how near the heal the sweet spot is for the hybrid (and hybrids in general), and to a lesser extent the 3W, but my hybrid play has been stellar since!

Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 58D

@glm said:
    Hey Big Stu
    I am having trouble warming up to this new WRX format. Am I missing something or is this a mess?
    glm

Sorry I did not see this sooner--- I am not the most computer savvy person in the world but I am getting somewhat used to it

• Jonahsdad1998Jonahsdad1998 Members Posts: 2

I am a fan of a mixed bag. I have a Callaway Great Big Bertha driver, Cobra F9 3 wood, Cobra 3 & 4 hybrids, Mizuno JPX-900 irons (5-P), Mizuno MP T series 51 wedge, Cleveland TA 588 (56 & 60 degree), and a Medicus Overspin CMM2i putter 33". My bag is a Wilson NFL cart bag (Steelers), and I play either Srixon Q-star or Bridgestone B330S golf ball. I am going to try a Callaway Superhot ball next week!