Help me choose a new pair of spikeless

I've got the "need" for a new pair of shoes, but I am struggling on which to get.

Looking at a pair of Biom Hybrid 3, Puma NTX/ PWRSPORT's, or hold out for TrueLinkswear Major's in white when they come out later this year.

FWIW my style is not flashy. Very conservative (vineyard vines, peter millar, etc). Currently I have a pair of FJ Pro sl/s and an older pair of Biom Hybrid 2. The Biom's are much more comfortable than the FJ's, and I have no prior experience with Puma, or True's.

Comments

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 988 ✭✭
    edited Apr 2, 2019 8:40pm #2

Not one of your choices but I have no complaints out of the skechers spikeless. They have a tennis/running shoe feel but not an overly athletic shoe look. Still pretty classic in appearance. The skechers website pictures make them look like clown shoes though. They took weird angle pictures that distort how they look in person.

• DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,910 ClubWRX

Ecco BH3 BOA's would be my recommendation. I used to do a lot of shoe swapping and would wear different pairs depending on the conditions i.e. spiked waterproof for rainy days, lightweight spikeless Nike's for dry days but got the BH3's last year and haven't worn anything else since then. They are comfortable, Gore-Tex so truly waterproof and the traction is outstanding. The base is some kind of polyurethane and mud/grass does not get clogged in the tread. Extremely comfortable as you might expect from Ecco and extremely durable. I probably put 45 full rounds plus lots of after work 9 hole rounds on these and while they certainly look like I played that much golf, physically they are in great shape. The tread still looks almost new and the waterproofing is still fully intact. I can't recommend these shoes enough.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,327 ClubWRX

Ecco BH3 are awesome, also like my Nike FI Impact3, both work for wide feet also.

TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • 3fiddyz3fiddyz Members Posts: 300 ✭✭

Love my Eccos but enjoying the grip of my Adidas 360 spikeless more at the moment

• AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 198 ✭✭

no love for the Puma's that our out now? They look pretty good, and priced a lot better than eccos, trues, FJ's, etc.

• Sh00terMcgavinSh00terMcgavin Members Posts: 294 ✭✭

Love the Skechers Go golf Elite 3 in the all white colorway for spikeless. Can be had very cheap and dont scream "SKECHERS"
    I am far from a skechers shoe guy but their golf shoes are great and they can be had very cheap if you look at amazon/ ebay/ discount sites. Picked up a pair for $29 last summer and have been fantastic. I use them more for casual walking rounds and range time (which can be alot)

For spiked, I love the Adidas tour boost 360 2.0. Beyond stable and comfotable. I would assume that their new spikeless version is just as good.

Ecco's are extremely comfortable, but I like spiked shoes for the large majority of rounds so I never even looked at them for an everyday golf shoe. The Skechers fit the bill for a cheap golf shoe that looks good and extremely comfortable to beat around in.

Tried the Puma's and they looked extremly goofy on feet, so I passed but seemed comfotable enough. I think Ernie Els just moved into the Puma from Ecco for all those years.

I will say, if I had to go with spikeless golf shoes based on style and comfort alone, I would go with a GFORE shoe. They are ridiculously comfortable and have a very classic look. The massaging foot bed is the real deal. Not sure about traction on them because I liked spikes better. The only reason I have not picked myself up a pair.

Always have been interested in TRUE's but I can't try them on anywhere so it was a pass for me but have a very good following of consumers. Never found the FJ pro sl to be that comfortable but I do like the way they look. Classic shape, just didn't fit my feet for some reason.

Ping G400 Accra TZ6 M5
    TEE EX10 Beta but searching
    Callaway Apex UT 21*
    Mizuno MP5
    Vokey
    Spider

Tp5x
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 393 ✭✭

Do you also need them to be waterproof? If not, I can recommend the Adidias Adicross Classic. I've been using these since the start of the year on days where I expect it to be dry. These are super comfortable, and grip very well. They have a relatively conservative look for a sneaker style shoe - think along the lines of the classic Stan Smith tennis shoe, but in different colors. I'm very tempted to buy another pair as they're generally quite inexpensive right now - I think they're are no long current models, but still fairly recent as there is a lot of stock out there.

oh yes, Waterproof for sure. These shoes will be gamers for most all rounds.

• johntchowjohntchow Irvine, CAMembers Posts: 100 ✭✭

i wouldnt hold your breath for True Linkswear in white. ive got the originals in white and unless you wipe it down with leather cleaner, the white starts to fade. mine started to fade in certain spots and later i checked some other forums and some others reported similar with similar pictures. i contacted their support and they told me i need to use a leather cleaner regularly. they gave me a few options to make it right but im hesitant to buy any white leather shoes from them again.
    ive been wearing the nike air max 1g in white and i really like them. not quite as comfortable as my white adidas crossknit boosts but it doesnt get as dirty as easy and they are waterproof.
    heres a picture of the white leather spotting on the originals in white

• farmerfarmer Members Posts: 7,843 ✭✭

Ecco's. I have owned several pairs of True's, and after the originals, each generation was successively less comfortable. No experience with Puma, except for socks, which are excellent.

• Cottonseed.Cottonseed. Members Posts: 170 ✭✭

@Drudersh said:
    Ecco BH3 BOA's would be my recommendation. I used to do a lot of shoe swapping and would wear different pairs depending on the conditions i.e. spiked waterproof for rainy days, lightweight spikeless Nike's for dry days but got the BH3's last year and haven't worn anything else since then. They are comfortable, Gore-Tex so truly waterproof and the traction is outstanding. The base is some kind of polyurethane and mud/grass does not get clogged in the tread. Extremely comfortable as you might expect from Ecco and extremely durable. I probably put 45 full rounds plus lots of after work 9 hole rounds on these and while they certainly look like I played that much golf, physically they are in great shape. The tread still looks almost new and the waterproofing is still fully intact. I can't recommend these shoes enough.

great endorsement, I just ordered the BH3 BOAs in white. Glad to hear that I'll be getting my moneys worth.

@Cottonseed. said:

@Drudersh said:

great endorsement, I just ordered the BH3 BOAs in white. Glad to hear that I'll be getting my moneys worth.

where you order from?

@Austincountyag said:

@Cottonseed. said:

@Drudersh said:

where you order from?

Fairway.com in California. Its the only way I was able to get free shipping and no tax.
    Basically anywhere else you can get free shipping but pay taxes. But I DO NOT LIKE PAYING THE GOVERNMENT FOR PURCHASING GOLF SHOES because taxation is theft.

Shoes.com has 30% off deals that often times include ECCO golf shoes. I actually bought another pair of BH3's new for this year and got 30% + 15% cash back from eBates so the total outlay was something like $120 + tax. The sales are pretty frequent, it's just a matter of whether or not Ecco's are included.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • acemandrakeacemandrake Members Posts: 300 ✭✭

Take a look at the FootJoy Flex shoe.

• Rift2gRift2g Wisconsin Golfer - SV intern Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

I really enjoyed my AdiPure spikeless, i really like the boost the entire length, I wore them in the shop and the course, my dad also enjoyed his new sketchers go golf's and said he would recomend them as well, Both around that $100 mark i believe.

Callaway x2Hot 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 17 AD DI 6s
    Callaway Apex 3 hybridt
    Callaway Apex $ Taper
    Vokey SM6 50
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54 60
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback Superstroke 2.0
  • OldboyOldboy Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭
    edited Apr 4, 2019 11:44pm #18

adidas 360 boost xt sl. I’ve worn ecco’s and these are easily more comfortable

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 798 ✭✭

Yep, adidas Tour 360 xt sl. Extremely comfortable.

Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 18 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 2017
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #2 2019
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
  • mallratmallrat Members Posts: 2,912 ✭✭
    edited Apr 6, 2019 10:27pm #20

Try on the Adidas 4orged with boost or whatever they are called. One of the most comfortable shoes i’ve Worn, and not just speaking of golf.

• Hit-emHit-em Members Posts: 411 ✭✭

Do the Adidas Tour 360 xt sl run narrow in the toe ?

• Ref-oregRef-oreg Members Posts: 173 ✭✭

I had a pair of Ecco Biom and loved them at first. They were very comfortable. After around a year of use, though, the waterproofing failed. My feet were drenched after playing a couple mornings of heavy dew. Immediately thereafter the shoes began stinking horribly. They smelled heavily like old urine. I tried drying them, using baking soda, running them through the washing machine. Nothing would remove the odor.

• WarEagleGolfWarEagleGolf Members Posts: 300 ✭✭

@Hit-em said:
    Do the Adidas Tour 360 xt sl run narrow in the toe ?

Wide in the toe IMO.

PING G400 LST Fujikura XLR8 51 9.0*
    PING G400 Fujikura XLR8 61 16.5*
    PING i500 3-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 52*/46* TRP C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 58* DVR C-Taper Lite 110g
    PING Vault Anser2
  • rbark11rbark11 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Fairway.com in California. Its the only way I was able to get free shipping and no tax.
    Basically anywhere else you can get free shipping but pay taxes. But I DO NOT LIKE PAYING THE GOVERNMENT FOR PURCHASING GOLF SHOES because taxation is theft.

What is the website? fairway.com sends me to a different site

• ronnbeeronnbee Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭

Stuburt spikeless :)

edited Apr 8, 2019 1:46pm #26

@rbark11 said:

What is the website? fairway.com sends me to a different site

Oh sorry, its https://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/index.php
    An important note: they dont keep an inventory of all sizes, models, and colors. So they will order direct from Ecco, then ship them to you from their store in CA.
    It can be a 2-3 week process.

@Ref-oreg said:
    I had a pair of Ecco Biom and loved them at first. They were very comfortable. After around a year of use, though, the waterproofing failed. My feet were drenched after playing a couple mornings of heavy dew. Immediately thereafter the shoes began stinking horribly. They smelled heavily like old urine. I tried drying them, using baking soda, running them through the washing machine. Nothing would remove the odor.

Was your dog peeing in your shoes?

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • jwortsmanjwortsman Members Posts: 206 ✭✭

Check out the G-Fore or G-Fore/Peter Millar collaborations. Very classic and goes with the style you've referenced. There are a ton of them on ebay right now. They're very comfortable and offer great traction. Biggest complaint is that they pick up everything, but keep a solid grip.

• AThompson_3AThompson_3 Members Posts: 1,401 ✭✭

3 stand out above the rest for me. GFore Galivanters, Adidas Tour 360 Boost XT SL, and Footjoy Pro SL. People rave about Eccos, but they are hands down the ugliest golf shoes I’ve ever seen. There are a ton of shoes that perform just as well and are just as comfy but infinitely more stylish.

Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black, Bettinardi BB1F
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5
  • varnovarno Laguna Beach, CAMembers Posts: 337 ✭✭

I can vouch here too. I have the Galavaners in charcoal, great look, very comfortable right out of the box, great tread and traction. Although in the mornings they can get clogged as was said. Easy enough to clear in a curb or concrete with a couple hard stomps.

@jwortsman said:
    Check out the G-Fore or G-Fore/Peter Millar collaborations. Very classic and goes with the style you've referenced. There are a ton of them on ebay right now. They're very comfortable and offer great traction. Biggest complaint is that they pick up everything, but keep a solid grip.

• NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭