Help me choose a new pair of spikeless

Austincountyag ·  
AustincountyagAustincountyag  234WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 234 Fairways

I've got the "need" for a new pair of shoes, but I am struggling on which to get.

Looking at a pair of Biom Hybrid 3, Puma NTX/ PWRSPORT's, or hold out for TrueLinkswear Major's in white when they come out later this year.

FWIW my style is not flashy. Very conservative (vineyard vines, peter millar, etc). Currently I have a pair of FJ Pro sl/s and an older pair of Biom Hybrid 2. The Biom's are much more comfortable than the FJ's, and I have no prior experience with Puma, or True's.

Posted:

Comments

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down.  1898WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 1,898 Platinum Tees

Not one of your choices but I have no complaints out of the skechers spikeless. They have a tennis/running shoe feel but not an overly athletic shoe look. Still pretty classic in appearance. The skechers website pictures make them look like clown shoes though. They took weird angle pictures that distort how they look in person.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DrudershDrudersh  2974WRX Points: 248Handicap: +2ClubWRX Posts: 2,974 ClubWRX

Ecco BH3 BOA's would be my recommendation. I used to do a lot of shoe swapping and would wear different pairs depending on the conditions i.e. spiked waterproof for rainy days, lightweight spikeless Nike's for dry days but got the BH3's last year and haven't worn anything else since then. They are comfortable, Gore-Tex so truly waterproof and the traction is outstanding. The base is some kind of polyurethane and mud/grass does not get clogged in the tread. Extremely comfortable as you might expect from Ecco and extremely durable. I probably put 45 full rounds plus lots of after work 9 hole rounds on these and while they certainly look like I played that much golf, physically they are in great shape. The tread still looks almost new and the waterproofing is still fully intact. I can't recommend these shoes enough.

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • WarrickWarrick  11164WRX Points: 1,082ClubWRX Posts: 11,164 ClubWRX

Ecco BH3 are awesome, also like my Nike FI Impact3, both work for wide feet also.

Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • 3fiddyz3fiddyz  323WRX Points: 77Members Posts: 323 Greens

Love my Eccos but enjoying the grip of my Adidas 360 spikeless more at the moment

Posted:
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag  234WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 234 Fairways

no love for the Puma's that our out now? They look pretty good, and priced a lot better than eccos, trues, FJ's, etc.

Posted:
  • Sh00terMcgavinSh00terMcgavin  298WRX Points: 44Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 298 Greens

Love the Skechers Go golf Elite 3 in the all white colorway for spikeless. Can be had very cheap and dont scream "SKECHERS"
    I am far from a skechers shoe guy but their golf shoes are great and they can be had very cheap if you look at amazon/ ebay/ discount sites. Picked up a pair for $29 last summer and have been fantastic. I use them more for casual walking rounds and range time (which can be alot)

For spiked, I love the Adidas tour boost 360 2.0. Beyond stable and comfotable. I would assume that their new spikeless version is just as good.

Ecco's are extremely comfortable, but I like spiked shoes for the large majority of rounds so I never even looked at them for an everyday golf shoe. The Skechers fit the bill for a cheap golf shoe that looks good and extremely comfortable to beat around in.

Tried the Puma's and they looked extremly goofy on feet, so I passed but seemed comfotable enough. I think Ernie Els just moved into the Puma from Ecco for all those years.

I will say, if I had to go with spikeless golf shoes based on style and comfort alone, I would go with a GFORE shoe. They are ridiculously comfortable and have a very classic look. The massaging foot bed is the real deal. Not sure about traction on them because I liked spikes better. The only reason I have not picked myself up a pair.

Always have been interested in TRUE's but I can't try them on anywhere so it was a pass for me but have a very good following of consumers. Never found the FJ pro sl to be that comfortable but I do like the way they look. Classic shape, just didn't fit my feet for some reason.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Accra TZ6 M5
    TEE EX10 Beta but searching
    Callaway Apex UT 21*
    Mizuno MP5
    Vokey
    Spider
    Tp5x

Advertisement
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey  523WRX Points: 246Members Posts: 523 Golden Tee

Do you also need them to be waterproof? If not, I can recommend the Adidias Adicross Classic. I've been using these since the start of the year on days where I expect it to be dry. These are super comfortable, and grip very well. They have a relatively conservative look for a sneaker style shoe - think along the lines of the classic Stan Smith tennis shoe, but in different colors. I'm very tempted to buy another pair as they're generally quite inexpensive right now - I think they're are no long current models, but still fairly recent as there is a lot of stock out there.

Posted:

oh yes, Waterproof for sure. These shoes will be gamers for most all rounds.

Posted:
  • johntchowjohntchow Irvine, CA 129WRX Points: 53Handicap: 14.2Members Posts: 129 Fairways

i wouldnt hold your breath for True Linkswear in white. ive got the originals in white and unless you wipe it down with leather cleaner, the white starts to fade. mine started to fade in certain spots and later i checked some other forums and some others reported similar with similar pictures. i contacted their support and they told me i need to use a leather cleaner regularly. they gave me a few options to make it right but im hesitant to buy any white leather shoes from them again.
    ive been wearing the nike air max 1g in white and i really like them. not quite as comfortable as my white adidas crossknit boosts but it doesnt get as dirty as easy and they are waterproof.
    heres a picture of the white leather spotting on the originals in white

Posted:
  • farmerfarmer  8436WRX Points: 899Members Posts: 8,436 Titanium Tees

Ecco's. I have owned several pairs of True's, and after the originals, each generation was successively less comfortable. No experience with Puma, except for socks, which are excellent.

Posted:
  • Cottonseed.Cottonseed.  245WRX Points: 90Members Posts: 245 Fairways

On -, @Drudersh said:

Ecco BH3 BOA's would be my recommendation. I used to do a lot of shoe swapping and would wear different pairs depending on the conditions i.e. spiked waterproof for rainy days, lightweight spikeless Nike's for dry days but got the BH3's last year and haven't worn anything else since then. They are comfortable, Gore-Tex so truly waterproof and the traction is outstanding. The base is some kind of polyurethane and mud/grass does not get clogged in the tread. Extremely comfortable as you might expect from Ecco and extremely durable. I probably put 45 full rounds plus lots of after work 9 hole rounds on these and while they certainly look like I played that much golf, physically they are in great shape. The tread still looks almost new and the waterproofing is still fully intact. I can't recommend these shoes enough.

great endorsement, I just ordered the BH3 BOAs in white. Glad to hear that I'll be getting my moneys worth.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Cottonseed. said:

On -, @Drudersh said:

great endorsement, I just ordered the BH3 BOAs in white. Glad to hear that I'll be getting my moneys worth.

where you order from?

Posted:

On -, @Austincountyag said:

On -, @Cottonseed. said:

On -, @Drudersh said:

where you order from?

Fairway.com in California. Its the only way I was able to get free shipping and no tax.
    Basically anywhere else you can get free shipping but pay taxes. But I DO NOT LIKE PAYING THE GOVERNMENT FOR PURCHASING GOLF SHOES because taxation is theft.

Posted:

Shoes.com has 30% off deals that often times include ECCO golf shoes. I actually bought another pair of BH3's new for this year and got 30% + 15% cash back from eBates so the total outlay was something like $120 + tax. The sales are pretty frequent, it's just a matter of whether or not Ecco's are included.

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • acemandrakeacemandrake ROCHESTER NY 337WRX Points: 87Handicap: 12Members Posts: 337 Greens

Take a look at the FootJoy Flex shoe.

Posted:
  • Rift2gRift2g Wisconsin Golfer - SV intern  35WRX Points: 44Handicap: 6Members Posts: 35 Bunkers

I really enjoyed my AdiPure spikeless, i really like the boost the entire length, I wore them in the shop and the course, my dad also enjoyed his new sketchers go golf's and said he would recomend them as well, Both around that $100 mark i believe.

Posted:
    Callaway x2Hot 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 17 AD DI 6s
    Callaway Apex 3 hybridt
    Callaway Apex $ Taper
    Vokey SM6 50
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54 60
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback Superstroke 2.0

Advertisement
  • OldboyOldboy  2492WRX Points: 238Members Posts: 2,492 Platinum Tees

adidas 360 boost xt sl. I’ve worn ecco’s and these are easily more comfortable

Posted:
  • JoelsimJoelsim  1359WRX Points: 488Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,359 Platinum Tees

Yep, adidas Tour 360 xt sl. Extremely comfortable.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Fairway: Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff and TaylorMade M6 3 Wood
    Utility: Wilson Staff Model Utility #3 Regular KBS
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S, Cleveland CBX 2 50 and 54 Rotex 
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 (Winn Dri-Tac), Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach (Winn Dri-Tac),  Cleveland Huntington Beach #10 (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Forza (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • mallratmallrat  3190WRX Points: 372Members Posts: 3,190 Titanium Tees

Try on the Adidas 4orged with boost or whatever they are called. One of the most comfortable shoes i’ve Worn, and not just speaking of golf.

Posted:
  • Hit-emHit-em  437WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 437 Greens

Do the Adidas Tour 360 xt sl run narrow in the toe ?

Posted:
  • Ref-oregRef-oreg  174WRX Points: 37Handicap: 18Members Posts: 174 Bunkers

I had a pair of Ecco Biom and loved them at first. They were very comfortable. After around a year of use, though, the waterproofing failed. My feet were drenched after playing a couple mornings of heavy dew. Immediately thereafter the shoes began stinking horribly. They smelled heavily like old urine. I tried drying them, using baking soda, running them through the washing machine. Nothing would remove the odor.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • WarEagleGolfWarEagleGolf  398WRX Points: 88Members Posts: 398 Greens

On -, @Hit-em said:

Do the Adidas Tour 360 xt sl run narrow in the toe ?

Wide in the toe IMO.

Posted:
    PING G400 LST Fujikura XLR8 51 9.0*
    PING G400 Fujikura XLR8 61 16.5*
    PING i500 3-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 52*/46* TRP C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 58* DVR C-Taper Lite 110g
    PING Vault Anser2
  • rbark11rbark11  87WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 87 Fairways

Fairway.com in California. Its the only way I was able to get free shipping and no tax.
    Basically anywhere else you can get free shipping but pay taxes. But I DO NOT LIKE PAYING THE GOVERNMENT FOR PURCHASING GOLF SHOES because taxation is theft.

What is the website? fairway.com sends me to a different site

Posted:
  • ronnbeeronnbee  1128WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 1,128 Platinum Tees

Stuburt spikeless :)

Posted:

On -, @rbark11 said:

What is the website? fairway.com sends me to a different site

Oh sorry, its https://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/index.php
    An important note: they dont keep an inventory of all sizes, models, and colors. So they will order direct from Ecco, then ship them to you from their store in CA.
    It can be a 2-3 week process.

Posted:

On -, @Ref-oreg said:

I had a pair of Ecco Biom and loved them at first. They were very comfortable. After around a year of use, though, the waterproofing failed. My feet were drenched after playing a couple mornings of heavy dew. Immediately thereafter the shoes began stinking horribly. They smelled heavily like old urine. I tried drying them, using baking soda, running them through the washing machine. Nothing would remove the odor.

Was your dog peeing in your shoes?

Posted:
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Advertisement
  • jwortsmanjwortsman  237WRX Points: 92Members Posts: 237 Fairways

Check out the G-Fore or G-Fore/Peter Millar collaborations. Very classic and goes with the style you've referenced. There are a ton of them on ebay right now. They're very comfortable and offer great traction. Biggest complaint is that they pick up everything, but keep a solid grip.

Posted:
  • AThompson_3AThompson_3  1452WRX Points: 124Members Posts: 1,452 Platinum Tees

3 stand out above the rest for me. GFore Galivanters, Adidas Tour 360 Boost XT SL, and Footjoy Pro SL. People rave about Eccos, but they are hands down the ugliest golf shoes I’ve ever seen. There are a ton of shoes that perform just as well and are just as comfy but infinitely more stylish.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black, Bettinardi BB1F
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5
  • varnovarno Laguna Beach, CA 365WRX Points: 103Members Posts: 365 Greens

I can vouch here too. I have the Galavaners in charcoal, great look, very comfortable right out of the box, great tread and traction. Although in the mornings they can get clogged as was said. Easy enough to clear in a curb or concrete with a couple hard stomps.

On -, @jwortsman said:

Check out the G-Fore or G-Fore/Peter Millar collaborations. Very classic and goes with the style you've referenced. There are a ton of them on ebay right now. They're very comfortable and offer great traction. Biggest complaint is that they pick up everything, but keep a solid grip.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624  285WRX Points: 112Members Posts: 285 Greens

FJ Pro SL

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.