New Callaway Rogue Pro Irons?

LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,160 ClubWRX

Hello - I went to the Callaway site so I can order another set of the Rogue Pros(regret selling them...) and it sends me to a retailer. Seems you cant order these online any longer. Does anyone have news of a new version coming out?
Thank you

Comments

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

apex??

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,160 ClubWRX

Nope Apex CF19's replace the Apex CF16's. The Rogue Pros were a cast distance players iron.
    Same field as Apex CF's but cast.

• ldgriff07ldgriff07 Members Posts: 279 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps a new line on the way under the Epic Flash name? Don't have any inside info, purely a guess.

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero (9 degrees)
    Fairway: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero (15 degrees)
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 (19 degrees)
    Irons: Srixon Z-765 (4-PW)
    Wedges: Callaway MD4 Black S Grind (50 degrees), Mack Daddy PM Grind Black (56 and 60 degrees)
    Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5x

@Landy said:
    Nope Apex CF19's replace the Apex CF16's. The Rogue Pros were a cast distance players iron.

True, I was just wondering even if the product name was not the same, maybe they considered the apex the replacement. I was told the rogue line of irons was sticking around till the end of the year. I guess that does not apply to the pros.

@QuigleyDU said:

@Landy said:

True, I was just wondering even if the product name was not the same, maybe they considered the apex the replacement. I was told the rogue line of irons was sticking around till the end of the year. I guess that does not apply to the pros.

Hello - I had heard the same and was looking for another set, but seems they may be headed in another direction. If they are releasing another iron to replace, these quick cycles are getting a bit out of hand...

@Landy said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@Landy said:

Hello - I had heard the same and was looking for another set, but seems they may be headed in another direction. If they are releasing another iron to replace, these quick cycles are getting a bit out of hand...

true, but like you said, you shouldn't have sold what you had. Haha.

• jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Callaway Pre-owned has many, many sets of Rogue and Rogue Pro irons.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can get them from many resellers. Check around.

Gil Leonard

Hello - Thank you.
    I prefer new and yes plan on looking around, thanks again!

• PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would imagine they are replacing them this year with a newer set. Either to go along with the epic flash name or a replacement in the steelhead type category? or was that kind of the same as the rogue x?

Forever Changing at this point.......

TG2 Podcast Guest: 
  • dhen9dhen9 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank goodness someone else is thinking this. To look at Steelhead XR Pro then turned Rogue Pro and now what....? I liked the Rogue Pro and also liked the Steelhead XR Pro but the finish wearing made me crazy. Anyway, c'mon Callaway I've already owned too many sets of Mizuno, Srixon, Ping, Srixon, Mizuno, PXG, Srixon and Ping to keep looking for the next best thing. Release the replacement already, would Ya!!!!

• timothyjames333timothyjames333 TinkerHatHead Boston, MAMembers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Epic Flash Pro's????

The Epic Pro was one of the best irons to come out in the player's distance category, not great looking from the back but at address they are simply stunning. In my opinion they're probably the second best model to ever represent this segment of the market (second only to the Nike Vapor Fly Pro's). Phil's still got at least one in the top of his bag at all times, sometimes two.

The only problem was they were so much more expensive than other Callaway irons, and most of its competitors (they were on par with the PXG 0311 and the Titleist T-MB) but they weren't really marketed that way. If you can find them, give them a try and I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. So if they come up with something like that, for a price closer to the Rogue Pro's, I think it could be a new tentpole for Callaway.

Also, done right (maybe chrome with a small green and yellow badge, even if there's carbon in the cavity) it could be absolutely beautiful, almost like a Masters inspired edition.

God I would love to be right about any of this!

Tinker Hathead
    Taylormade M1 2017 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.5 Lamkin UTx Calla. AG
    Cobra F8+ 3-4 (set at 14.5*) Project X Hzrdus Red 75 6.5 Lamkin UTx Black
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 iron Project X PXi 6.5 Lamkin UTx Red
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron KBS C-taper Lite 115x Lamkin UTx Red 
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-P KBS C-taper  130X Lamkin UTx Red
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 50.12F bent to 49.11 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx X100 w/ UTx
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54.14F, 58.12K True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400 w/ UTx
    PING Scottsdale TR Senita B Counterbalanced 38" Winn AVS Midsize 17"
    Ping 4 Series "Kittansett Club" Logo
    Vice Pro Plus "Glenna Kohl Fund for Hope" Logo
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@timothyjames333 said:
    Epic Flash Pro's????

The Epic Pro was one of the best irons to come out in the player's distance category, not great looking from the back but at address they are simply stunning. In my opinion they're probably the second best model to ever represent this segment of the market (second only to the Nike Vapor Fly Pro's). Phil's still got at least one in the top of his bag at all times, sometimes two.

The only problem was they were so much more expensive than other Callaway irons, and most of its competitors (they were on par with the PXG 0311 and the Titleist T-MB) but they weren't really marketed that way. If you can find them, give them a try and I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. So if they come up with something like that, for a price closer to the Rogue Pro's, I think it could be a new tentpole for Callaway.

Also, done right (maybe chrome with a small green and yellow badge, even if there's carbon in the cavity) it could be absolutely beautiful, almost like a Masters inspired edition.

God I would love to be right about any of this!

Agreed. Their address profile is better than any other Callaway iron I've seen.

PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Pack7483Pack7483 Members Posts: 638 ✭✭

@Landy said:
    Hello - Thank you.

I would checkout CPO.
    Like new condition from Callaway Preowned will 99% of the time be brand new. I have even bought stuff in very good condition from there and it is still new. I think they just put "old" inventory that is still brand new on CPO to move it at a discount without hurting retail prices. Plus you get 14 day playability guarantee. I buy and trade a lot on there.

@Pack7483 said:

@Landy said:
    Hello - Thank you.

I would checkout CPO.
    Like new condition from Callaway Preowned will 99% of the time be brand new. I have even bought stuff in very good condition from there and it is still new. I think they just put "old" inventory that is still brand new on CPO to move it at a discount without hurting retail prices. Plus you get 14 day playability guarantee. I buy and trade a lot on there.

Thank you for the feedback, will definitely look into it.
    Regards

Hello - just received this from Callaway...

In response to your inquiry, Callaway’s Rogue Pro irons are no longer available for custom order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. These irons may still be in stock, however, at your local authorized retailer. To locate an authorized retailer in your area where you can inquire as to their iron inventory, please refer to our retail locator via the following link:

Hello - Just checking in to see if anyone has insight on the replacement, thank you

edited Apr 24, 2019 5:21pm #19

@Landy said:
    Hello - Just checking in to see if anyone has insight on the replacement, thank you

I am thinking it is just to shift attention to the apex line. Of course there will be something else down the line, but I think it really is as simple as that.

Post edited by QuigleyDU on

Yes I guess we need to wait, thank you

• dhen9dhen9 Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭✭

They've gotta have a plan in the works for a less expensive cast club infused with soft feeling micro- sphere, foam, tuning goo. There are other cast players irons still to come this year...

• BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting choice on their part. Maybe they've noticed that sales are trending down and decided to not have any more production runs.

But to not fill custom orders at this point in the season strikes me as odd as it leaves a hole at that cast rice point. Gotta think something new is coming soon.

• Pinging77Pinging77 NMMembers Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Worst thing I ever did was trade a set of epic pros in on the rogue pros. Traded a Cadillac for a Chevrolet..

• CrushSticksCrushSticks Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to a Callaway training session a few weeks ago, and they said they are not restocking on Rogue Pro because Apex fills that part of the line up now. Rogue and Rogue X will continue through the year. Not necessarily a direct replacement, but they want that player to buy Apex models.

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
    Adams Tight Lies 3-16
    Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
    Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
    Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
    Vokey SM 09 56
    Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Pinging77 said:
    Worst thing I ever did was trade a set of epic pros in on the rogue pros. Traded a Cadillac for a Chevrolet..

Geez, you guys are almost making me feel bad for trying to SELL mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They are still running the supercomputer...irons will be ready soon.

@Gary Gutful said:

Lol!! Too funny

Hello any new insight?

• hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Landy said:
    Hello any new insight?

Would not expect anything until Spring 2020.

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,005 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gary Gutful said:

Here is a pic of the new “supercomputer” irons...

• Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file