Bettinardi warranty

Oveezy

Yesterday was a sad day!!! I made the stupid mistake off allowing my Bettinardi bb1 ride shotgun in the golf cart and without a seatbelt the tragedy was real! I hit a bump and the dumb putter decide to go for a thrill ride!!!! The sad part is that the putter hit the cart path and suffered a tragic accident. The putter broke where the shaft and putter meet. It’s not the shaft, but the actual putter neck. I called Bettinardi and told them the truth and they said that they do not cover any breakage of any club. They only cover the finish. Now I’m no expert machinist, but I would think that a fine precision milled putter should not break that easily. It is the 2016 version and I don’t know if they used a different type of metal, and if that metal is more fragile. I purchased the putter in June 2018 from an authorized dealer I have a receipt and they said they can’t do anything about it. I asked if they can repair it not really asking for a new putter and they said no the only thing to do is to buy a new putter. I asked for a discount and they said they can do 10%. I was hoping for more of a 50% discount on a new putter or even applying the cost of my last putter to a new putter. Something to keep me coming back! The only mod I did was change the grip to a ping swingman grip. I was planning on buying a SS2 or a queen B5 this year. Now that this has happened I am not sure that I want to invest 4-500$ on a product that they do not stand by. I can see if the putter was older than 1 yr. I buy a putter every year and sometimes 2 putters. I can’t figure out how to putt (LOL), so it has to be the putter not me. Has anyone had better success with Bettinardi customer service and their warranty. I’ve heard amazing things from other manufacturers, nothing good from bettinardi.

> @Oveezy said:

> Yesterday was a sad day!!! I made the stupid mistake off allowing my Bettinardi bb1 ride shotgun in the golf cart and without a seatbelt the tragedy was real! I hit a bump and the dumb putter decide to go for a thrill ride!!!! The sad part is that the putter hit the cart path and suffered a tragic accident. The putter broke where the shaft and putter meet. It’s not the shaft, but the actual putter neck. I called Bettinardi and told them the truth and they said that they do not cover any breakage of any club. They only cover the finish. Now I’m no expert machinist, but I would think that a fine precision milled putter should not break that easily. It is the 2016 version and I don’t know if they used a different type of metal, and if that metal is more fragile. I purchased the putter in June 2018 from an authorized dealer I have a receipt and they said they can’t do anything about it. I asked if they can repair it not really asking for a new putter and they said no the only thing to do is to buy a new putter. I asked for a discount and they said they can do 10%. **I was hoping for more of a 50% discount on a new putter or even applying the cost of my last putter to a new putter. Something to keep me coming back!** The only mod I did was change the grip to a ping swingman grip. I was planning on buying a SS2 or a queen B5 this year. Now that this has happened I am not sure that I want to invest 4-500$ **on a product that they do not stand by**. I can see if the putter was older than 1 yr. I buy a putter every year and sometimes 2 putters. I can’t figure out how to putt (LOL), so it has to be the putter not me. Has anyone had better success with Bettinardi customer service and their warranty. I’ve heard amazing things from other manufacturers, nothing good from bettinardi.

The putter fell out of the cart and made contact with a hard surface and you are questioning the quality of the product because it broke? And then you expect some compensation to replace it? What happened is unfortunate and would probably make me sick but I think you're requests/expectations are a silly.

• Like 2

With all due respect, I'm not sure how it is the company’s responsibility to replace a putter that was broken due to negligence. It's not like you putted a ball and it snapped at the neck or the head just fell off in the bag. I would think them even offering a 10% discount is more than fair. You can't drive your car into a tree and then ask the manufacture to give you a new one.

• Like 1
Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

To be fair though, I would have expected the putter to bend some but not necessarily snap off. Obviously I didn't see the event take place nor the impact but I've seen some putter hosels that have been bent near 90* from the way they should be without breaking so I'm surprised the metal used would be so brittle. What would have happened if you try and bend the putter for loft/lie if it was that brittle?

> @Scotty1140 said:

> A putter neck undergoes more stress from a loft lie adjustment than falling off of a cart and doesn’t break.

>

> This sounds a bit fishy to be honest.

sounds more like a slam off a cart path for a bad round of putting -- either way, it would be generous for Betti to take care of the OP for this. chalk this up to, "sorry, this one is on you".

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I agree it sounds fishy......how often are you going to buy a putter of this type? "keep me coming back"? I don't see you buying 10 putters over the next 10 years of this type. If so, god bless you but this whole story seems fishy. its kind of suspect bc of how easily you are trying to damage a respected companies reputation. The fact they are looking at the pictures is quite generous. There is definitely more to this story. Just curious why the putter wasn't in the bag and you had it "riding shotgun".

^^^^ You are correct. God has blessed me. For that I am thankful.

The only thing I can say is what happened. I told the truth and that was their response. I never expected them to do anything else but repair the club even if it cost me money. Hints why I told them the truth. Them saying they will not repair any club for breaking seams unreasonable in my opinion. They make all kinds of hive putters with welded necks and such. There is such thing as structural defect. I was never asking for something to be done for free. So those that read this thinking that are incorrect. Once they said that they will not repair the club, for any reason I would think that they could take care of their customer a little better. Anyhow, all I was wondering is if anyone has had better customer service with Bettinardi.

> @Oveezy said:

> ^^^^ You are correct. God has blessed me. For that I am thankful.

> The only thing I can say is what happened. I told the truth and that was their response. I never expected them to do anything else but repair the club even if it cost me money. Hints why I told them the truth. Them saying they will not repair any club for breaking seams unreasonable in my opinion. They make all kinds of hive putters with welded necks and such. There is such thing as structural defect. I was never asking for something to be done for free. So those that read this thinking that are incorrect. Once they said that they will not repair the club, for any reason I would think that they could take care of their customer a little better. Anyhow, all I was wondering is if anyone has had better customer service with Bettinardi.

In the OP you did ask for something ...well not free but that would cost them money. Either option you noted below would cost Betti money. Especially if they applied the cost of the last one to the new one. Isn't that the same virtually as asking for one free? Or at least asking to pay the low price for a high priced putter?

_"I was hoping for more of a 50% discount on a new putter or even applying the cost of my last putter to a new putter. "_

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Oveezy said:

> I don’t know where pictures come in. They never offered to look at pictures.

Look at the first response to your thread.

Do you think the putter head was possibly ran over by the cart wheel without you seeing after it fell out of the cart? That would seem like the most reasonable explanation.

> _"I was hoping for more of a 50% discount on a new putter or even applying the cost of my last putter to a new putter. "_

^^^^^^ This was after they said they would not do any repairs of any sort. Yes I did decide to ask for something at that point. Closed mouths don’t get fed!!! > @Liquid_A_45 said:

> Look at the first response to your thread.

>

> Do you think the putter head was possibly ran over by the cart wheel without you seeing after it fell out of the cart? That would seem like the most reasonable explanation.

To be completely honest I don’t know. It happened so quick that I didn’t see. You could very well be right. My mistake. I did not see that post. I will send them pictures see what happens. That is why I like this forum. Bros helping bros out.

> @Popper said:

> @Oveezy I just spoke to bettinardi on the phone and they would like to have a couple photos of the putter sent to them so they can determine if they can repair/customize your putter. Email [email protected]. Best of luck with your putter.

>

>

Just to be clear. If this would have been said on the phone. This post would have never been created. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

A little off topic. Does anyone like the new Toulon stroke lab San Diego putter. I was looking at them after all this happened and it caught my interest. I know I have a problem!!!!!

> @jonnyb03 said:

> With all due respect, I'm not sure how it is the company’s responsibility to replace a putter that was broken due to negligence. It's not like you putted a ball and it snapped at the neck or the head just fell off in the bag. I would think them even offering a 10% discount is more than fair. You can't drive your car into a tree and then ask the manufacture to give you a new one.

True!!! If you are driving down the road and you hit a pot hole and your axle snaps there just might be a manufacture defect. Just saying. I doubt your a bio chemist, but you can definitely point out the obvious.

“With all due respect”

What happened to you sucks but to expect Bettinardi to fix your screw up is unreasonable.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

That really sucks. Perhaps it happened to hit at a certain angle along with the force on the ground snapped it. It doesn’t look like there are other scratches on the putter so perhaps you didn’t run over it at least on the face. I can’t tell about the back. I will tell you that when I had my fitter add loft to my DASS he barely pulled the shaft and it changed the loft. That doesn’t appear to be a DASS though. I now don’t lean on my putter on the green. Hope bettinardi can fix it for you. They’ve always treated me well.

> @Oveezy said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > What happened to you sucks but to expect Bettinardi to fix your **** up is unreasonable.

>

> ^^^^^ Not once did I expect this. I got upset when they said they will do no repair what so ever and the only option is to buy a new putter.

You cant be upset when it was you who caused the destruction of the putter thru irregular use/abuse.

Your fault, dont ride "shotgun" anymore.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @Oveezy said:

> > @jonnyb03 said:

> > With all due respect, I'm not sure how it is the company’s responsibility to replace a putter that was broken due to negligence. It's not like you putted a ball and it snapped at the neck or the head just fell off in the bag. I would think them even offering a 10% discount is more than fair. You can't drive your car into a tree and then ask the manufacture to give you a new one.

>

> True!!! If you are driving down the road and you hit a pot hole and your axle snaps there just might be a manufacture defect. Just saying. I doubt your a bio chemist, but you can definitely point out the obvious.

> “With all due respect”

You werent on the putting green and bc u tapped a divot it just fell off...smh.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gsrjc said:

> That really sucks. Perhaps it happened to hit at a certain angle along with the force on the ground snapped it. It doesn’t look like there are other scratches on the putter so perhaps you didn’t run over it at least on the face. I can’t tell about the back. I will tell you that when I had my fitter add loft to my DASS he barely pulled the shaft and it changed the loft. That doesn’t appear to be a DASS though. I now don’t lean on my putter on the green. Hope bettinardi can fix it for you. They’ve always treated me well.

I’m glad to hear they have treated you well. Maybe I spoke to the wrong person because someone else got them to accept pictures to see what they could possibly do. Maybe for a couple hundred dollars I can have a crazy sick custom putter. We shall see. If not I have learned my lesson. No matter what if my putter calls shotgun or not. It’s going in the back.

Post this on Club Techs , those guys will figure a way. Seems like someone would cut off the neck , Drill a new hole, attach a new neck and shaft. Maybe a $50 job

Also I kind of agree with OP, in my opinion that Betti was not worth $300. More like $100 maybe, that thing would have broken if it was ever put on a putter bender. It’s kind of low quality. I have a Miura and it is much more solid.

But still crap happens , no refunds for random events! Sorry OP, that sucks.

> @BB28403 said:

> Post this on Club Techs , those guys will figure a way. Seems like someone would cut off the neck , Drill a new hole, attach a new neck and shaft. Maybe a $50 job

>

> Also I kind of agree with OP, in my opinion that Betti was not worth $300. More like $100 maybe, that thing would have broken if it was ever put on a putter bender. It’s kind of low quality. I have a Miura and it is much more solid.

>

> But still **** happens , no refunds for random events! Sorry OP, that sucks.

>

$50!!!!!!?????? :D :D You don't do metal fabrication do you.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.