NYC Accessible Practice Facilities (Short Range especially)

BillyLikesSota ·  
BillyLikesSotaBillyLikesSota New York, NY 2WRX Points: 12Members Posts: 2 Starters

As we look to our first weekend of back to back 60 degree weather, I am eager to get out of the city and sharpen up my short game a bit. Went to play Bethpage, and my chipping was atrocious, and the turf mats at Chelsea Piers or any of the simulator places are so forgiving I don't really get the help I need.

Whether it's in Jersey or NY, I'd love to be able to find a place (public, semi-private, anything accessible for a non-member) where I can access some decent short range facilities. I'm not opposed to paying for access to a facility, but want it to be a decent place to sharpen up my short game.

Does anything along those lines exist around here?

Posted:

Comments

• th6252th6252  1227WRX Points: 159Members Posts: 1,227 Platinum Tees

Trump ferry point.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HiSpeed48HiSpeed48  2109WRX Points: 117Members Posts: 2,109 Platinum Tees

Where in the city are you located, and do you have a car?

Not sure how far it is from you but Marine Park always had a decent short-game area ( I haven't been there in awhile though ). A large putting green and a separate chipping green. Even a practice bunker, but it was frequently roped-off and closed. The driving range was terrible though.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • chrikimchrikim  124WRX Points: 59Members Posts: 124 Fairways

Galloping hill in Kenilworth nJ. It’s about 30-35 minutes outside the city. You can just walk up to the short game area and putt or chip and they have a range as we if you want to hit some balls. They also have a par 3 course.

Posted:
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy  2102WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 2,102 Platinum Tees

Galloping hill in Kenilworth nJ. It’s about 30-35 minutes outside the city. You can just walk up to the short game area and putt or chip and they have a range as we if you want to hit some balls. They also have a par 3 course.

Galloping Hill is a solid option if you're in the area. They have a solid amount of space, and it's free to use the short game area. Always enjoyed using their area.

Posted:
  • BillyLikesSotaBillyLikesSota New York, NY 2WRX Points: 12Members Posts: 2 Starters

Super helpful suggestions. Came across both Ferry Point and Galloping Hill when doing some research, helpful to know Galloping Hill is free!

Posted:
  • Wander BreadWander Bread  81WRX Points: 35Handicap: 4.2Members Posts: 81 Fairways

Galloping Hill is also a solid course

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rollinhoundrollinhound  28WRX Points: 32Handicap: 23Members Posts: 28 Bunkers

hyatt hills is also pretty good its three exits further south of galloping hill has driving range and chipping area and solid nine hole course

Posted:
  • CrazyCoolieCrazyCoolie  48WRX Points: 18Members Posts: 48 Bunkers

Konnect is indoor on 48th street. It uses trackman. love the place but short game is tough

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.