NYC Accessible Practice Facilities (Short Range especially)

BillyLikesSotaBillyLikesSota New York, NYMembers Posts: 2

As we look to our first weekend of back to back 60 degree weather, I am eager to get out of the city and sharpen up my short game a bit. Went to play Bethpage, and my chipping was atrocious, and the turf mats at Chelsea Piers or any of the simulator places are so forgiving I don't really get the help I need.

Whether it's in Jersey or NY, I'd love to be able to find a place (public, semi-private, anything accessible for a non-member) where I can access some decent short range facilities. I'm not opposed to paying for access to a facility, but want it to be a decent place to sharpen up my short game.

Does anything along those lines exist around here?

Comments

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Trump ferry point.

• HiSpeed48HiSpeed48 Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭

Where in the city are you located, and do you have a car?

Not sure how far it is from you but Marine Park always had a decent short-game area ( I haven't been there in awhile though ). A large putting green and a separate chipping green. Even a practice bunker, but it was frequently roped-off and closed. The driving range was terrible though.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • chrikimchrikim Members Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

Galloping hill in Kenilworth nJ. It’s about 30-35 minutes outside the city. You can just walk up to the short game area and putt or chip and they have a range as we if you want to hit some balls. They also have a par 3 course.

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭

Galloping hill in Kenilworth nJ. It’s about 30-35 minutes outside the city. You can just walk up to the short game area and putt or chip and they have a range as we if you want to hit some balls. They also have a par 3 course.

Galloping Hill is a solid option if you're in the area. They have a solid amount of space, and it's free to use the short game area. Always enjoyed using their area.

• BillyLikesSotaBillyLikesSota New York, NYMembers Posts: 2

Super helpful suggestions. Came across both Ferry Point and Galloping Hill when doing some research, helpful to know Galloping Hill is free!

• Wander BreadWander Bread Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Galloping Hill is also a solid course

• rollinhoundrollinhound Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

hyatt hills is also pretty good its three exits further south of galloping hill has driving range and chipping area and solid nine hole course

• CrazyCoolieCrazyCoolie Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Konnect is indoor on 48th street. It uses trackman. love the place but short game is tough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file