And it starts again

Great weather yesterday for 1st junior tournament of the year (season opener). Was pleasantly surprised by his performance (77) despite not having played many rounds this year.

Realized there won’t be many more times to caddie for my son, and took it all in. Lots of people with older kids talk about how they are glad their caddying days are no more, but I enjoy the bonding that comes with it. We both look back at the past (both the good times and bad) and laugh at the great memories we made.

Comments

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,011 ✭✭

We all been there and yes it sad when you no longer can caddy for your kid. Don’t worry about bonding part. Soon you will be doing 2 and 3 day tournaments where your spending hours driving to the next tournament and working with them to prepare for it. It is different but just as fun.

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,782 ClubWRX

Regardless of what I tell my friends, I really do enjoy caddying for my son. Are we bonding? Not really, but it has been cool to see him develop as a kid and golfer. Hopefully the development continues as he has started doing his own thing recently and enjoys it a lot. I still see areas where I could save him a few shots though :)

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 963 ✭✭

@kekoa said:
    Regardless of what I tell my friends, I really do enjoy caddying for my son. Are we bonding? Not really, but it has been cool to see him develop as a kid and golfer. Hopefully the development continues as he has started doing his own thing recently and enjoys it a lot. I still see areas where I could save him a few shots though :)

Nailed it. Nice T1 by the way! The card off is lame IMO.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,003 ✭✭

I enjoyed caddying when he was younger. As he grew it became a job. A lot of good memories. Enjoy every moment of it. I am glad I don't have to do it anymore though.... lol

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,782 ClubWRX

@heavy_hitter said:
    I enjoyed caddying when he was younger. As he grew it became a job. A lot of good memories. Enjoy every moment of it. I am glad I don't have to do it anymore though.... lol

Im mixing in a few uskids stuff so I can keep teaching my kid new cuss words.

@leezer99 said:

@kekoa said:

Nailed it. Nice T1 by the way! The card off is lame IMO.

Thanks man. Its cool to see him competing against 11 yr old giants who flat out bomb it. Never underestimate the power of a good short game :)