Cheapest ball similar to TP5X, even older balls

BB28403 ·  
BB28403BB28403  4270WRX Points: 745Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,270 Titanium Tees

Looking for a ball model that is very similar or somewhat similar to the way the TP5X flies thru the air. And any features it has that could be used at a range for not too much and get similar feels.

thanks

Posted:

Comments

• storm319storm319 US 4043WRX Points: 308Members Posts: 4,043 Titanium Tees

Try its predecessors the Tour Preferred X or Lethal. The Lethal was the introduction of the 322 dimple pattern that cuts through wind like butter.

Posted:
    Post edited by storm319 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cgasuckscgasucks  2445WRX Points: 357Members Posts: 2,445 Platinum Tees

Try the Pentas as well as it is the same 5 layer construction.

Posted:
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
    Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf  3444WRX Points: 353Members Posts: 3,444 Titanium Tees

You can get TP5X Practice balls from Rock Bottom Golf for $17.50/dozen

Posted:
    Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • BB28403BB28403  4270WRX Points: 745Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,270 Titanium Tees

On -, @new2g0lf said:

You can get TP5X Practice balls from Rock Bottom Golf for $17.50/dozen

Actually those are what I play with. Since they are the same as the retail ones.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4270WRX Points: 745Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,270 Titanium Tees

On -, @storm319 said:

Try its predecessors the Tour Preferred X or Lethal. The Lethal was the introduction of the 322 dimple pattern that cuts through wind like butter.

On -, @cgasucks said:

Try the Pentas as well as it is the same 5 layer construction.

Awesome! Let's see if any are a quarter or less a ball! $$$

Posted:

Ordered 100 Tour Preferred X for $45 free ship. Gonna finish my range sessions with 6 or so to simulate real course action. I know they spin a bit more than TP5X, but it will be nice to see how they react off the club face vs a range ball.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey  612WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 612 Golden Tee

Pinnacle Gold

Posted:

On -, @GolfTurkey said:

Pinnacle Gold

Really? How so?

Posted:
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey  612WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 612 Golden Tee

On -, @BB28403 said:

On -, @GolfTurkey said:

Pinnacle Gold

Really? How so?

It was slightly tongue in cheek but I have found the TP5x to be the high flying, low spinning hard rock of the premium balls that I have tried.

Posted:

Oh haha ok. TP5X is pretty soft to me, but I swing pretty hard

Posted:
  • bdeblisbdeblis  39WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 39 Bunkers

I went from the TP5X to Vice Pro Plus. I have not lost any distance off of woods or irons. Full wedges still spin very similar, just a little less spin on chip shots that took some adjusting, but the cost outweighed the adjustment by miles

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @bdeblis said:

I went from the TP5X to Vice Pro Plus. I have not lost any distance off of woods or irons. Full wedges still spin very similar, just a little less spin on chip shots that took some adjusting, but the cost outweighed the adjustment by miles

Good to know ! Just curious how much were the TP5X running you ?
    And how much are the Vice running you?
    Do you have to buy a lot of Vice each purchase, to keep costs down?

Thx!

Posted:
  • ode1ode1  2985WRX Points: 198Members Posts: 2,985 Titanium Tees

On -, @GolfTurkey said:

Pinnacle Gold

Lol

Posted:
  • chisagchisag Chicago Suburbs 3183WRX Points: 509Handicap: +0.3Members Posts: 3,183 Titanium Tees

... Hard to believe but the new Maxfli Tour X is very similar to the TP5x. The TM is my favorite ball and I was shocked by just how good the $34.99 Maxfli performs, especially at the 2 dozen for $50 sale that ends 4/20. After playing 18 a few days ago I played several extra holes on the back 9 hitting both of these balls, 4 balls or 2 shots with each on 5 holes and again I was amazed at how similar they performed. They feel the same, have the same high trajectory and spin is very similar. If I had not just bought 3 personalized get one free TP5x, I would stock up on the Tour X with 4 dozen for $100.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour Length ... Tensei Orange 65s
    Cobra F9 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s
    Cobra F8 18.5* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid ... KBS 80Hys
    TaylorMade UDi 18* TP 2 iron... Kuro Kage Black 90Hys
    4-pw TaylorMade P790/760 ... Steelfiber 95's/Recoil Prototype 95's
    SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
    Bobby Grace 6330 ... 33.5"

On -, @chisag said:

... Hard to believe but the new Maxfli Tour X is very similar to the TP5x. The TM is my favorite ball and I was shocked by just how good the $34.99 Maxfli performs, especially at the 2 dozen for $50 sale that ends 4/20. After playing 18 a few days ago I played several extra holes on the back 9 hitting both of these balls, 4 balls or 2 shots with each on 5 holes and again I was amazed at how similar they performed. They feel the same, have the same high trajectory and spin is very similar. If I had not just bought 3 personalized get one free TP5x, I would stock up on the Tour X with 4 dozen for $100.

Yeah I do not believe that at all. Sorry.

And this is what 100 Tour Preferred X AAA Range grade look like for 42 cents a piece. My range sessions are going to end in a fun way!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.