Why is there so much hating going on in this forum?

JuniorGolfParent ·  
JuniorGolfParentJuniorGolfParent  148WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 148 Fairways

Just wondering

Posted:

Comments

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25280WRX Points: 2,332Handicap: 2 ManyClubWRX Posts: 25,280 ClubWRX

You're 16 posts in. Wait til you have 50 posts and are joining right in.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Kcct82Kcct82  240WRX Points: 142Members Posts: 240 Fairways

Good question, I’ve wondered that myself.

Posted:
  • kekoakekoa  9303WRX Points: 780Handicap: 4-20ClubWRX Posts: 9,303 ClubWRX

Problem is that too many people think they know it all and their word is gospel. If you disagree then they roast you. At the end of the day, the key is to grow thick skin and move on. The only thing that bothers me here are people that make excuses and lie about their kids scores and/or ability. For the most part, we are all on a journey towards our kids playing some high level golf. For some that may be college and maybe even the PGA tour. I don't think there is manual on how to get there so you need to do some research and do a lot of weeding out as to the path you want your child to take.

Posted:
  • ItsjustagameItsjustagame  1339WRX Points: 163Handicap: 8Members Posts: 1,339 Platinum Tees

Click bait.

Posted:
    GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55
    GBB Epic 5 wood
    XR 3/4/5 Hybrid
    Steelhead XR Pro 6-GW - Mamiya Recoil 95/110
    Mack Daddy 2 50,54,58
    OWorks 2 Ball Fang Slant
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2482WRX Points: 855Members Posts: 2,482 Platinum Tees

Disagreement isn’t hate

Posted:

Advertisement
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026  1621WRX Points: 914Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,621 Platinum Tees

I'm sure I've said some abrasive things but I try not to. If you've met me or text with me you know I'm a goofball. (If you're a dad that cheats on behalf of their child like we ran into last weekend, that's another story)

I have no skin in the scholarship game that many parents here are relying on so I sometimes come at things from a different perspective. My son also has a coach that has gotten hundreds of kids into college through golf, has worked with multiple US AM winners, PGA pros, major winners, etc so I hear and learn a lot from him. Some I share most I don't. I'll quite often write and delete replies before submitting them just because I know they won't be taken well by the group.

I am pretty open as to who I am and many here know my son and I will often congratulate parents in DMs when I see their kids did well the previous weekend. There really is no hate. Hit me up in the DMs if you'd rather text me.

I too go through many similar challenges as everyone else here. There's no denying that.

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• BertGABertGA  360WRX Points: 124Members Posts: 360 Greens

Ask questions, post responses. Take what you need, and ignore the rest.

Posted:
  • darter79darter79  803WRX Points: 216Members Posts: 803 Golden Tee

Because everyone here knows everything and they are very vocal about it. There is a lot of drama here but it can be entertaining but the same time but there is a lot of great information depending upon what you seek. Just filter to the information you need and you can get the help you are looking for.

Posted:
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf  725WRX Points: 416Members Posts: 725 Golden Tee

On -, @kekoa said:

Problem is that too many people think they know it all and their word is gospel. If you disagree then they roast you.

This. And also because of the anonymity and lack of real world consequences. Everyone is a tough guy when there is no chance of getting popped in the mouth when the insult, condescend, etc. It seems to go hand-in-hand with the know-it-all mentality that

On -, @kekoa mentioned.

Personally, I can’t wait for the Ignore function to get re-implemented. If I’d know about the site change, I would have taken a screen shot of my Ignore list before the site went down.

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25280WRX Points: 2,332Handicap: 2 ManyClubWRX Posts: 25,280 ClubWRX

On -, @leezer99 said:

I'm sure I've said some abrasive things but I try not to. If you've met me or text with me you know I'm a goofball. (If you're a dad that cheats on behalf of their child like we ran into last weekend, that's another story)

I have no skin in the scholarship game that many parents here are relying on so I sometimes come at things from a different perspective. My son also has a coach that has gotten hundreds of kids into college through golf, has worked with multiple US AM winners, PGA pros, major winners, etc so I hear and learn a lot from him. Some I share most I don't. I'll quite often write and delete replies before submitting them just because I know they won't be taken well by the group.

I am pretty open as to who I am and many here know my son and I will often congratulate parents in DMs when I see their kids did well the previous weekend. There really is no hate. Hit me up in the DMs if you'd rather text me.

I too go through many similar challenges as everyone else here. There's no denying that.

Always intrigued to learn more...care to share a bit about your son and the level he plays at?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter  3589WRX Points: 927Members Posts: 3,589 Titanium Tees

Those on here that know me in real life know that I say what I have to say. There are several here that I text and we go back and forth. One of my biggest faults is that I am always brutally honest, which is also one of my greatest attributes. I don't beat around the bush to make it sound nice. I never worry about getting popped in the mouth because most people can't reach it. Depending on my day and boredom level I love texting others here and then trolling for my own personal entertainment purposes. One thing I would never do though is call a kid out. Would call a parent out in a heartbeat, but never a kid.

Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter  3589WRX Points: 927Members Posts: 3,589 Titanium Tees

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

On -, @leezer99 said:

Always intrigued to learn more...care to share a bit about your son and the level he plays at?

He won't share because he is to private. I will tell you that his son is a very nice player and probably in the top 5% of his class in swing speed. His kid is also a good all around athlete. Other than that, most of us around here try to keep our kids private. My son is not nearly the d$%^ that I am.

Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole  1493WRX Points: 384Members Posts: 1,493 Platinum Tees

Good question.

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill  7048WRX Points: 499Handicap: 3Marshals Posts: 7,048 Marshals

You'll run into internet cowards from time to time!

Posted:
    Minimalist Bag!
    Handicap:  3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.