Spalding Elite Professional

smorgsmorg Tundra TransplantMembers Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this 3 - 9i set at GW last weekend. I believe they are late 60's vintage. Any information much appreciated. Head design reminds me of Wilson Staff Bullet Backs. The quest now begins to find a 2 iron, PW & SW. I hate this disease.........

Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

Comments

• resnorresnor Members Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
  • deejaiddeejaid Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen those before but they are very nice looking clubs.

The bag......Cleveland persimmon woods, Ping ISI irons and wedges, Ping Anser putter.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,526 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

66-67-------- The PW and SW will be hard to find because most guys that played those kept the wedges and wore them out--- Also in that era there was a custom version 10 iron. Also Spalding had an extensive custom department and there is also a version like yours called the 333 Custom. I think the 10 iron was a 333 Custom. I played a set of 333 66 model Elites. Ended up having a custom set made in 74 those were stolen around 76 or so along with the 69 Corvette they were in. I have a pristine partial set in the building across the street. I do not think I have the PW do not remember if that set has a 2 iron

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They are late 1960s and are forged stainless steel.

Cobra F8+, 10*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5, Tensei Blue R
    Wilson Staff C300 4 hybrid, 21*, Fuji Pro 82 R
    Ping Eye 2 BeCu 4-pw, Microtaper S
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

T. Made Hi Toe 58*, KBS Hi Rev
    Evnroll ER6

• resnorresnor Members Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

@BIG STU said:
    66-67-------- The PW and SW will be hard to find because most guys that played those kept the wedges and wore them out--- Also in that era there was a custom version 10 iron. Also Spalding had an extensive custom department and there is also a version like yours called the 333 Custom. I think the 10 iron was a 333 Custom. I played a set of 333 66 model Elites. Ended up having a custom set made in 74 those were stolen around 76 or so along with the 69 Corvette they were in. I have a pristine partial set in the building across the street. I do not think I have the PW do not remember if that set has a 2 iron

Hahahaha!! I love that you said the clubs were stolen and the car along with...as if the car was an afterthought. Too funny.

• rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 4,004 ClubWRX

STU-
    Long ago, Spaldings Custom department made a lot of great clubs. The "General Ike" set comes to mind.
    Didn't Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb have hickory shafted LH Spalding clubs? Found a Forged LH Spalding Executive 1 iron.
    Sir Bob Charles played with a set of Spalding Custom Persimmon woods as late as 1987.

• dcopp7dcopp7 Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a set of those for $9 @ GW and flipped them for $50ish on the 'bay. I had the PW though

Cleveland Launcher 460 Titanium 10.5* driver

Cobra MAX 16.5* 3 wood

Cobra Bio Cell 19* hybrid

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

OLD Northwestern heel shaft putter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file