***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Ventus Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

Comments

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2874WRX Points: 1,019Posts: 2,874 Titanium Tees

Haven’t had a chance to get mind on the course much but have had several range sessions. Love the feel and as has been mentioned being able to get after it and not have to worry. Love the way the balls don’t move much offline on some less than optimal contact.

I have the 6x and I’ve been fit to x and s at various times the last two years. I usually prefer stiff but this one doesn’t really feel like it’s too much.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX

I wanted to share this. This is a spreadsheet of the forsight data. You can clearly see the ventus performs.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1123WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,123 Platinum Tees

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

I wanted to share this. This is a spreadsheet of the forsight data. You can clearly see the ventus performs.

Are you by chance gaming the 8X in your 3w?

Posted:
    WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45” and tipped 1”)

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43” and tipped 1”)

UDI - ***under construction***

Irons - ***under construction***

Wedges: TaylorMade MG 2 Raw (48 bent to 50-11, 54-11, 56 bent to 58-14 degrees) - Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34”

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10876WRX Points: 3,984Handicap: 8Posts: 10,876 ClubWRX

On -, @mBiden2 said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

No, But I would like too.

Posted:
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1123WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,123 Platinum Tees

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @mBiden2 said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

No, But I would like too.

I’ve been trying to figure out if I should go with a 7 or 8X.

Posted:
    WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45” and tipped 1”)

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43” and tipped 1”)

UDI - ***under construction***

Irons - ***under construction***

Wedges: TaylorMade MG 2 Raw (48 bent to 50-11, 54-11, 56 bent to 58-14 degrees) - Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34”

• Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX  654WRX Points: 91Posts: 654 ClubWRX

Accuracy/dispersion seems to be the name of the game with Ventus for me. Yes, bad swings will result in poor shots no matter the equipment; however, I have been able to put together straighter drives with distance the past 2 rounds that I've played with the Ventus. Even with slight mishits, it is able to stay online and produce good results. I look forward to keeping this in play and seeing what comes about for a full season.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S
    TaylorMade M1 (2017) 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Callaway MD4 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    TaylorMade MySpider X 

Advertisement
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  889WRX Points: 155Handicap: 5Posts: 889 Golden Tee

On -, @Damenace613 said:

Accuracy/dispersion seems to be the name of the game with Ventus for me. Yes, bad swings will result in poor shots no matter the equipment; however, I have been able to put together straighter drives with distance the past 2 rounds that I've played with the Ventus. Even with slight mishits, it is able to stay online and produce good results. I look forward to keeping this in play and seeing what comes about for a full season.

I agree. I feel like I'm getting less toe strikes from the shaft kicking differently. I notice this more when I switch back and forth at the range with my old shaft and what I feel like are good swings, result in off center strikes.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Ventus V. Black 7x

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 3 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 5 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

Mizuno T20 52 w/ s400

Taylormade Milled 56/60 w/ s400

Special Select NP2

Ball: Srixon XV

Grip: Midsize Z-grip

• Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX  654WRX Points: 91Posts: 654 ClubWRX

On -, @MillerLowLife said:

I agree. I feel like I'm getting less toe strikes from the shaft kicking differently. I notice this more when I switch back and forth at the range with my old shaft and what I feel like are good swings, result in off center strikes.

You bring up a great point. I typically tend to miss out on the toe, but not as much with the Ventus.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M1 (2017) 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Callaway MD4 54*
    TaylorMade MySpider X 
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors  381WRX Points: 345Posts: 381 Greens

On -, @Damenace613 said:

On -, @Damenace613 said:

On -, @MillerLowLife said:

You bring up a great point. I typically tend to miss out on the toe, but not as much with the Ventus.

VeloCore baby!

Posted:
  • phi482phi482 Members  1013WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,013 Platinum Tees

I am planning to get out on the course for the first time tomorrow afternoon with the Ventus. It's Derby week here in Louisville, Ky so nothing is getting done in the office. May as well go play golf.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - Ventus 6x Tester
    Titleist TS3 3 wood - PX Smoke 6.5
    Mizuno MP20 HBM 3 iron 
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-P 
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3 - SC Newport 2 SS
  • St_HoselRocketSt_HoselRocket Members  26WRX Points: 39Handicap: 5.5Posts: 26 Bunkers

Anyone able to compare Ventus, in terms of launch and spin, to the Graphite Design DI-7?

Posted:

WITB:
    TaylorMade M5 9.5 / Graphite Design DI-7
    TaylorMade M2 15* / Fujikura ATMOS Blue TS 7
    Titleist 818 H1 19* / Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-P / Nippon Modus 125
    Vokey SM6 50F - 54.10S - 58.08M / Nippon Modus 125
    Scotty Cameron Squareback / SuperStroke Traxion Tour
    Titleist ProV1

Advertisement

On -, @St_HoselRocket said:

Anyone able to compare Ventus, in terms of launch and spin, to the Graphite Design DI-7?

I have, I would say launch is similar, spin was less (for me) with the Ventus. Not tons, but a few hundred revs.

Posted:
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  12143WRX Points: 583Posts: 12,143 Titanium Tees

Still mixed feelings for me. I had some really great rounds with it, and then some stinkers with actual pressure. I've never really used a shaft with a soft butt section like this and it's a new sensation compared to the other profiles I've been comfortable with in the past.

Posted:
    SIM Max 9.0°, Kuro Kage XD 70TX
    Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    SM7 50F, 54S, 58M

PXG Closer Gen 2  
    Tour BXS

• Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members  448WRX Points: 72Handicap: 7Posts: 448 Greens

So I've gotten another range session in and played a round Tuesday. For comparison I played the front 9 with the Ventus and the back 9 with my Diamana LTD D+ 70 x.

The range session went well but as before, the Ventus was producing a few more errand shots than the diamana. I'm starting to get a good feel for the Ventus and love the way a good strike feels and flys. The height is great (a touch higher than the diamana but not much). It's a very smooth shaft. The issue is that I seem to have lost my swing after traveling and not playing most of april so I am fighting a slight over the top motion and was forced to play a fade most of the day.
    I feel like good strikes produced a little more distance with the Ventus but I just wasn't as confident with it. The distance could be due to a reduction in spin but I'll have to wait until I can get onto a launch monitor to confirm.
    I hit 3 of 7 fairways on the front. The misses were 3 pulls and 1 strong fade. Each off the fairway only by 10 yards or so.
    On the back 9 (Diamana) I hit 3 of 6 fairways with two of the misses catching fairway bunkers. The diamana still feels better to me. It's really smooth/soft with a nice pop at impact. Bad swings stay on line better with the diamana as well.
    I'm gonna hit the range and re-find my swing and continue to test. I may just be a Diamana guy but the Ventus sure does feel good.

Posted:

Driver: Taylormade M5 tour 9* Tour AD IZ 6x

3 Wood: Cobra F7 ventus blue 7x

Hybrid: Mizuno JPX850

Irons: 4-PW Nike VR Forged Pro Combo +1.5"

Wedges: Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59*

Putter: Machine M10 Adjuster/Taylormade Spider Tour

• phi482phi482 Members  1013WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,013 Platinum Tees

I was able to get out Wednesday evening for 9 holes with some friends. It was windy and rained for some of the round. Not exactly the best conditions but this is becoming the new norm here in the Ohio River Valley. I continue to really enjoy the Ventus. It feels great, launches through the correct window, and doesn't over turn in either direction. Even though I don't have a ton of time with it yet, I am confident I can line this thing up down the left center and swing. Its a feeling I haven't had in a while. I hit 5-7 fairways with one left (started online but didn't come back, couple paces off the fairway) and one blown out to the right that no shaft could have saved. It was a terrible swing but even it did not curve much and flew the normal distance.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - Ventus 6x Tester
    Titleist TS3 3 wood - PX Smoke 6.5
    Mizuno MP20 HBM 3 iron 
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-P 
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3 - SC Newport 2 SS
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members  448WRX Points: 72Handicap: 7Posts: 448 Greens

I played another 18 today. I did a similar test as before, playing my Diamana on the front 9 and Venus in the back 9. I think I am really starting to get a feel for the Ventus. I was smoking the fairways on the back 9 and the shaft felt super stable. Good swings with the Ventus are phenomenal. I'm playing a scramble on Thursday and I'm going to use the Ventus exclusively for that. I'm still trying to find time to get into a simulator and compare numbers.

Posted:

Driver: Taylormade M5 tour 9* Tour AD IZ 6x

3 Wood: Cobra F7 ventus blue 7x

Hybrid: Mizuno JPX850

Irons: 4-PW Nike VR Forged Pro Combo +1.5"

Wedges: Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59*

Putter: Machine M10 Adjuster/Taylormade Spider Tour

Advertisement

I played another round this past weekend with the M2/Ventus combo and it continues to be impress on the accuracy and consistency. Minor mishits continue to fly with minimal lateral movement. Look forward to continuing to improve on my driving stats throughout the year!

Posted:
    TaylorMade M1 (2017) 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Callaway MD4 54*
    TaylorMade MySpider X 

Most recent session on gc quad with the Ventus 7X.

t

Posted:
    Post edited by QuigleyDU on
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers  2237WRX Points: 345Posts: 2,237 Platinum Tees

Sick numbers Cody. And I know you have more in the tank, too;)

Posted:
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors  381WRX Points: 345Posts: 381 Greens

Cody = beast mode. :o

Posted:
  • WardonationWardonation Members  1613WRX Points: 202Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,613 Platinum Tees

Fujikura just had my second fitting True Spec then CC today. I have seen BS increase from 159 to 165 with Ventus 6X... My question is the club champion fitting had me in a TS3 at D6? I normally play at D3 and the last few balls I hit my launch and spin went way up 3100rpm's.. Any thoughts at all? Normally I was around 2200/ 14launch 165 BS... SS is at 113... +2.5 AOA... Also, is this shaft supposed to be tipped for driver? Has anyone on tour put the & into fairways? Thank you....

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  542WRX Points: 96Handicap: 7Posts: 542 Golden Tee

If anyone wants to trade me their ventus 6s for an Accra tz6 m4 with a ping g400 tip shoot me a PM.

Posted:

On -, @Wardonation said:

Fujikura just had my second fitting True Spec then CC today. I have seen BS increase from 159 to 165 with Ventus 6X... My question is the club champion fitting had me in a TS3 at D6? I normally play at D3 and the last few balls I hit my launch and spin went way up 3100rpm's.. Any thoughts at all? Normally I was around 2200/ 14launch 165 BS... SS is at 113... +2.5 AOA... Also, is this shaft supposed to be tipped for driver? Has anyone on tour put the & into fairways? Thank you....

There are a few four guys with it in fairway woods. I have my driver straight in, no additional tipping.

Posted:
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty IndianapolisMembers  3564WRX Points: 229Handicap: 5.5Posts: 3,564 Titanium Tees

Any updates on this shaft?

Posted:
    Cobra SZ Tour Length 9.0 with Ventus Black 60 stiff shaft
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD VR 75 stiff
    Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
    PM19 60 degree raw wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • mrlongballmrlongball Members  768WRX Points: 101Posts: 768 Golden Tee

Anyone with experience with the Ventus (blue or black) in a fairway wood? See a lot of guys on tour playing it in drivers and a few fwys not many. Everyone here just has it in a driver, and I am toying with idea of sliding a Black7X into a fwy. So looking for opinions/experiences with this in a fairway wood.

Thanks.

Posted:
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

I have the Ventus Blue in both my Cally Flash 3 and 5 wood. Absolutely love the shaft. Feels great through the swing and as the OES describes it has a very stable tip. Longest combo 3 wood I’ve ever hit but doesn’t feel harsh or make me feel like I have to go after it to get the distance. The 5 wood with the Ventus is almost as long as my G410lst 3 wood I bought earlier this year with custom shaft.

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch

Advertisement
  • sean12osheasean12oshea Members  12WRX Points: 17Posts: 12 Bunkers

Thank you for all the reviews! Really seems like a great shaft that I play on trying out :)

Posted:

I know there are a lot of options out there. If you are going to drop $300 on a shaft. You need to be sure to at least try this one.

Posted:
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 Foxboro, MAMembers  2900WRX Points: 286Handicap: +0.8Posts: 2,900 Titanium Tees

Following this thread.

Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Bertha Epic Flash 9° Speeder Tourspec 553 X
    Callaway TC Super Hybrid 16° Speeder Tourspec 904 X
    Callaway TC Apex Hybrid 18° Speeder Tourspec 904 X
    Miura Craftsmen CB•301 4 - 6 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Craftsmen TB•000 7 - 9
     iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
     Miura Handgrind Raw 46 • 06 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 52 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 58 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Tour Milled Raw 64 • 16 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Toulon Garage Palm Beach Stroke Lab Graphite Steel X
    Bridgestone Tour B XS '20
    Miura 
    SG•801 Caddie '20
    Jones Utility Trouper '20

Advertisement
  • mxskiermxskier DenverMembers  655WRX Points: 134Posts: 655 Golden Tee

Heading out tomorrow for the first time, no history swinging it. Coming from the ping tour so curious how it plays. Here’s to hoping that it’s an easy transition!

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST VA Drago 65s
    Cobra F8+ 3W / 5W VA Slay 75s
    PXG 0317x Gen2 4H VA Slay 85s
    PXG 0311T Gen3 5-PW Oban CT 115s
    Vokey SM7 50/54/60 Oban CT 115s
    TaylorMade Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.