I just got the "NIKE Flex hybrid" pants wanting something a little more tapered, what pants??

skyleralanskyleralan Southwest IowaMembers Posts: 887 ✭✭
edited Apr 11, 2019 10:26pm in Golf Style and Accessories #1

As the title states, I just got a pair of the Flex Hybrids. Tempted to get the Flex Slim, but want to make sure they aren't CRAZY tight. I have an athletic build with bigger thighs, but like the tapered look.

M4 Tour issue 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60x
M4 3HL Mitsubishi CK 70x
TM Gapr 3 Diamana Thump stiff
Cobra S2 Forged 4-AW Rombax 9E05 stiff
Cleveland CBX 54.12
Callaway MD Forged 58.14
TM Spider Tour Black 35''

Comments

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 394 ✭✭
    edited Apr 11, 2019 10:29pm #2

under armour have a “tapered” fit, almost a slim fit but not labeled as that from what i remember.

the 5 pocket nike flex is slimmer than what you got, not peter pan tight but slim.

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 394 ✭✭

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1722452/nike-clothing-2019#latest

the last few pages people besides myself mention the fit of the different pant styles

• skyleralanskyleralan Southwest IowaMembers Posts: 887 ✭✭

@cpeck said:
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1722452/nike-clothing-2019#latest

the last few pages people besides myself mention the fit of the different pant styles

I skimmed the last page, I'll give it a look.

M4 Tour issue 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60x
    M4 3HL Mitsubishi CK 70x
    TM Gapr 3 Diamana Thump stiff
    Cobra S2 Forged 4-AW Rombax 9E05 stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54.12
    Callaway MD Forged 58.14
    TM Spider Tour Black 35''

• MichiganManMichiganMan HAIL TO THE VICTORS! GO BLUE! Winston-Salem, NCMembers Posts: 1,602 ✭✭

I have a pair of Nike Dynamic Woven pants from a couple years ago that I really like. And I have the same issue. Big butt and thighs that typically make the “modern fit” tough. But these fit great. Also have a pair of the 2019 Flex Slim in black on order. I’ve heard they fit very similar.

TaylorMade M3 9.5* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7x
    Nike Vapor Speed 15* - Fujikura Rombax P95x
    TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
    TaylorMade Antique Bronze Milled Grind 54* SB - KBS 610
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS 610
    Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭

Bonobos Highland Tour pants. End of discussion. But order at least a size up in waist an id say go for the tailored fit.

Ping G410 Plus PX Small Batch Smoke Yellow 6.5
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,217 ✭✭

@skyleralan said:
    As the title states, I just got a pair of the Flex Hybrids. Tempted to get the Flex Slim, but want to make sure they aren't CRAZY tight. I have an athletic build with bigger thighs, but like the tapered look.

Flex slim isn't super tight. If you think the hybrids are a bit loose then you'll probably like the slims.

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭

Puma has a tapered pant.

• 3fiddyz3fiddyz Members Posts: 300 ✭✭

Bit more £ but the lululemons ABC pants in the skinny are well tapered. I didnt really like the "athletic" material, but i got the stretch cotton ones and they feel sooo nice

• bostonbrahminbostonbrahmin Members Posts: 91 ✭✭

@MichiganMan said:
    I have a pair of Nike Dynamic Woven pants from a couple years ago that I really like. And I have the same issue. Big butt and thighs that typically make the “modern fit” tough. But these fit great. Also have a pair of the 2019 Flex Slim in black on order. I’ve heard they fit very similar.

Same here. I have the Dynamic Woven and the Current Flex Slim. The Dynamic woven are definitely more tapered than the Flex, however the Flex Slim are also noticeably more tapered than their standard fits. I'd try them on if you were able to, I'm a huge Nike guy so mildly biased but I'm a big fan of both pants. As a side note I found both styles in a Burlington Coat Factory yesterday for anyone looking for a comeup.

WITB:

Nike Vapor Speed 9.0 Fubuki Z50 S
    Mizuno ST180 3 Wood Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core X
    Taylormade TP RSI UDI 20° Tour AD-95 S
    Mizuno MP 33 DG S200
    Mizuno S5 52° 56° 60° DG Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #1
    Titleist ProV1x

WTB:
    Nike Flex Slim Pant (30/30)
  • mcc0819mcc0819 Members Posts: 605 ✭✭

Look into Lululemon ABC or Commission pants in slim. A little pricey but the best pants I've worn. Stretchy, breathable, durable and fit perfect with the perfect slim tapered cut.

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Srixon Z765 4-pw Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

• MattH522MattH522 Members Posts: 48 ✭✭

@bostonbrahmin said:

@MichiganMan said:

Same here. I have the Dynamic Woven and the Current Flex Slim. The Dynamic woven are definitely more tapered than the Flex, however the Flex Slim are also noticeably more tapered than their standard fits. I'd try them on if you were able to, I'm a huge Nike guy so mildly biased but I'm a big fan of both pants. As a side note I found both styles in a Burlington Coat Factory yesterday for anyone looking for a comeup.

What size?

• bostonbrahminbostonbrahmin Members Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm a 30 waist and was able to find anywhere from 30 to 38, but didn't look much past my size. Only found one pair of the new Flex Slim's in the green color but I'm sure more are to come

WITB:

Nike Vapor Speed 9.0 Fubuki Z50 S
    Mizuno ST180 3 Wood Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core X
    Taylormade TP RSI UDI 20° Tour AD-95 S
    Mizuno MP 33 DG S200
    Mizuno S5 52° 56° 60° DG Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #1
    Titleist ProV1x

WTB:
    Nike Flex Slim Pant (30/30)
  • kerrlybillkerrlybill Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2019 4:46am #14

@mcc0819 said:
    Look into Lululemon ABC or Commission pants in slim. A little pricey but the best pants I've worn. Stretchy, breathable, durable and fit perfect with the perfect slim tapered cut.

I couldn't agree more. These pants might be the most perfect piece of clothing I own. This coming from a guy with a closet full of high end golf, dress and street clothes.