AVX vs. Prestige

mitts7 ·  
mitts7mitts7  44WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 44 Bunkers

Hi Guys, I have seen some stuff on here about how the Titleist Prestige (Japan only???) is the same thing as the AVX. Is that actually a true statement? Is the AVX the same exact ball just branded differently?

Posted:

Comments

• Awesomeguy887Awesomeguy887  623WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 623 Golden Tee

I don’t think so. The prestige I played were three piece surlyn. Unless they’re different versions of that ball.

Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT 12
    Ping G5 3W
    Ping G Crossover 4
    Ping G15 4 - U
    Vokey SM6 56.14, 60.04
    Odyssey White Hot XG #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • grm24grm24 Western PA 4125WRX Points: 1,222Members Posts: 4,125 Titanium Tees

On -, @mitts7 said:

Hi Guys, I have seen some stuff on here about how the Titleist Prestige (Japan only???) is the same thing as the AVX. Is that actually a true statement? Is the AVX the same exact ball just branded differently?

Very similar if not the same ball. Same specs as the AVX. Same dimple type/design. 3 piece urethane that was available in yellow same as the AVX. The Titleist Japan website does not list the AVX ball. Hmm. The internal cores of the AVX/Prestige are different colors that however doesn't mean they aren't the same. Give them both a try and compare them for yourself. Especially since the Prestige can be had for $20/dozen.
    https://www.mortongolfsales.com/Titleist-Prestige-Golf-Balls-p/acush_prestige.htm

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PA 4125WRX Points: 1,222Members Posts: 4,125 Titanium Tees

On -, @Awesomeguy887 said:

I don’t think so. The prestige I played were three piece surlyn. Unless they’re different versions of that ball.

There have been mutiple versions of the Prestige. The current version has the exact urethane cover as the AVX.

Posted:
  • fpyle3fpyle3 Pennsylvania 182WRX Points: 109Handicap: +0.6Members Posts: 182 Fairways

Yes, I believe the newer version(s) of the Prestige are basically identical. Look closely at the description, as the new Prestige (and the version available right before the AVX release) should have the same cover, construction and dimple pattern. FWIW, I bought some Prestige that were pretty inexpensive that play identical to AVX, save for an interesting “pearl” type finish and big Titleist logo.

Posted:
    Driver: TM M3 9.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X
    Fairway Wood/b]: TM M3 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD MT-7X
    Utility: TM UDI 17*, Hzrdus Black 6.5 
    3/4 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*, Nippon Modus 120X
    5-6: Callaway Apex Pro, Nippon Modus 120X 
    7-8: Callaway Apex Pro Dot, Nippon Modus 120X
    9, PW, GW: Callaway Apex MB, Nippon Modus 120X
    Sand/Lob: TM Hi-Toe 56* and 60*, KBS $-Taper 120
    Putter: Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab 
    Ball: Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX
  • mitts7mitts7  44WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 44 Bunkers

Thanks guys, did end up ordering a dozen of the pearl from Morton golf. Figured for that price it would make sense to give them a try! May get a sleeve or two of the AVX as well and compare side by side as I haven’t played the AVX yet. Will report back with some results when I have them.

Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TN 4312WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 4,312 Titanium Tees

Lets us know what you think after you use them. When I was in MB i saw them in like clear egg crates at the PGASS there. That logo just looks fishy to me. Kinda like the pearl paint.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • reider69reider69  640WRX Points: 106Handicap: golfMembers Posts: 640 Golden Tee

If these are comparable to AVX that price is an absolute steal.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.