2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Taylormade Milled Grind Wedges - Calling out Taylormade on this site

Curiosity I guess. I'm just really interested in certain players specs and why they play the equipment they do. I find it fascinating that he still uses wood dowels in his irons and moved to lite weight x100 shafts in the early 2000s. The R&D guys and certain players are really smart and know certain things us amateurs just don't have access to. So I will take anything I can learn and try to apply it to my game. He is one of the greatest players of all time and I figure he knows a thing or two about golf equipment.

> @Gtyler14 said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > I’m sure TM will be releasing a TW wedge line down the road...

>

> I’m more interested in these than I was the p7tw’s. His wedges in is 60 is similar to what I’ve played in Nike wedges and how I like my 60 to be setup

>

>

Loved my Nike wedges too. I’m actually surprised they released his irons before wedges. Wedges are something a lot of gold could afford and play.

If you want to see/read a very cool breakdown of Tiger's wedges, check out - Weston Maughan's Instgram.... he was on Driver v Driver and is VERY knowledgeable in club specs. Nicest dude you'll ever meet, too...he broke down TW's wedges a while back......very complicated grinds...

https://www.instagram.com/westonmaughangolf/?hl=en

• Like 1

Go listen to the gear dive’s 2 episodes with Larry Bobka. You’ll learn more about Tigers gear than googling it.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I play the original glide ts 60, which has like 20+ degrees of leading edge bounce, so I’d be extremely interested in Tiger’s wedge. I’m cheap though so I’d never pay what they’d sell it for. Just being honest. Just like I’d never pay $2,000 for the P7TW’s when I got my S55’s for $0.00 tax included.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

If you go to PGATour.com and look for Tales of Tiger's equipment you will see why I said he was playing X100 lite shafts. You guys crack me up with the fact you know for a fact information that looks to have been hidden from us for years. Here is the paragraph that I got my information from and it actually comes from Tiger:

https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2019/04/09/golf-clubs-equipment-through-the-years-driver-nike-tiger-woods-history-augusta-national-masters-tournament.html

When Tiger started using Nike equipment, he began experimenting more seriously with bigger Nike driver heads – cracking the 400 cc size – because of greater forgiveness, and he switched to longer (between 44.5 and 45 inches) and lighter driver shafts. Tiger said Nichols was the reason for his initial change to a True Temper Lite shaft, which measured around 112 grams compared to his previous 120-plus gram X100 shaft. “‘Oh my god, I picked up some distance and some speed,’” said Woods, who won his first two major starts after the switch.

Kaexo and Bladehunter - You are so wrong my friends! ?? Why would I want to play Tiger's grinds? I absolutely love my old MP T11 58.10 and am having a difficult time replacing it. I have tried every wedge brand out there and finally moved onto the Taylormade milled grinds. Can't someone just be curious about equipment without being a fan boy? So you are telling me that you have never gone to a golf website like Vokey.com and read up on the grinds to see which one fits you best and your wedge game? Knowledge is power!

> @mesegrn said:

> If you go to PGATour.com and look for Tales of Tiger's equipment you will see why I said he was playing X100 lite shafts. You guys crack me up with the fact you know for a fact information that looks to have been hidden from us for years. Here is the paragraph that I got my information from and it actually comes from Tiger:

>

> When Tiger started using Nike equipment, he began experimenting more seriously with bigger Nike driver heads – cracking the 400 cc size – because of greater forgiveness, and he switched to longer (between 44.5 and 45 inches) and lighter driver shafts. Tiger said Nichols was the reason for his initial change to a True Temper Lite shaft, which measured around 112 grams compared to his previous 120-plus gram X100 shaft. “‘Oh my god, I picked up some distance and some speed,’” said Woods, who won his first two major starts after the switch.

>

> Kaexo - You are so wrong my friend! ?? Why would I want to play Tiger's grinds? I absolutely love my old MP T11 58.10 and am having a difficult time replacing it. I have tried every wedge brand out there and finally moved onto the Taylormade milled grinds. Can't someone just be curious about equipment without being a fan boy? So you are telling me that you have never gone to a golf website like Vokey.com and read up on the grinds to see which one fits you best and your wedge game? Knowledge is power my friend!

My info isn’t from an article. Trust me. He’s not playing the lite x100 version. The man that builds his irons is connected to many people on this site.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I would like to think that his guy has done his homework. I would think he wants to stay credible. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since I had heard everything mentioned except the X100 lite shaft information. So I have no reason to doubt him. Andrew Tursky has written articles for Golfwrx, so maybe he should come on and defend himself. Is your guy gonna confirm your information??

Lol. Most media , reporters etc. read this site as reference material. Why ? The movers , shakers and people in the know are here.

New clubs. They are always pictured here first. Sometimes we can’t post them publicly. But. They are passed around . Now I’m not claiming tiger has never hit , tested or played a lite version of the x100 in a round. But it’s not what he’s playing now and hasn’t been a regular in his bag.

Can you link that article ? I can’t seem to find it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I’d also add that anywhere online you read a “ what’s in the bag “ article or blurb. They are frequently wrong. I mean way wrong a lot of times. I’ve read constantly that Henrik stenson has the rogue 3 wood in the bag when he clearly still has the Diablo 3 wood in. Just a rogue ( now flash) head cover. I also also saw Jordan spieths iron shafts listed at 6.0 for months after he went to 6.5. Then I saw his irons and wedges listed as 6.5 after the swap. Accurate info is 6.5 irons ( and pw) and 6.0 in GAp to lob wedge. Point. Journalism has been devoid of fact checking for eons.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I understand your point. I follow Greg on here all the time and confirm what is being said in the media and golf websites. I read more than I post, but that doesn't mean I not keeping up. However, PGATour.com did show pic of the new 60* wedge that Tiger used to win the Masters with and Golfwrx didn't have it, so sometimes they do get it right. Andrew is on here so its up to him to confirm. I'm standing by him and the article until he states otherwise or your guy comes on .... so agree to disagree.

Well. I found it on my own. I obviously hadn’t re read your posts. So nice edit of the link after the fact. It wasn’t there from the beginning.

I see it’s a Tursky article. So you’re correct. A guy who should know.

If this proves to be true it’s the first mention of it ever. Anywhere. Googling it directly won’t even find that article.

If it is true I’m fine being wrong. But just know it’s because that info has never been uttered anywhere. It’s always been said and sold as DG x100. So Tursky got Tiger to spill a secret that not even MT had revealed to anyone close. That’s actual news. If you’ve helped uncover that then I tip my cap to you. I’d love to here from @andrewturskey on this. Someone page him. I’m not sure what his screen name here is and I’m not on Twitter.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I do wonder though why you didnt start a thread n this as news ? Why the vague wedge questions ? I’m guessing you didn’t know it was news ? Or ?

And in my defense. The fact that a staff writer here has turned this up does prove what I’m saying about this site. You just were the first here to catch it. Well done.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I posted the link because I was trying to be nice, sorry I didn't post the link from the get go as per Golfwrx rules. I found this article after I posted the wedge question. I was just simply responding to Josh L's question. I wasn't trying to be vague at all. Come on Bladehunter read post 14 again. I mention in the very beginning that it has been hidden from us for years. Considering you have 24,919 posts, it looks like you type more than you read my friend.

Thought I saw a video posted on YT recently with him and Jday discussing bunker technique where GOAT briefly mentioned he changes wedges almost every tourney (7 sets in 12 tourney I think at that point) and that he also changes bounce configuration depending on grass, with more bounce for Bermuda.

I'd assume for the Masters he went with pretty low or medium low bounce due to all the tight lies and near perfect lies to be expected in bunkers. I know Tiger has a unique grind though where depending how he opens it, etc various levels of bounce are exposed. Very cool looking grind, reminds me of my Hi Toe.

Z1ggy16 - The pic I saw shows 11 degrees of bounce and a wider sole but it looks to have his blunted leading edge and not the normal looking C type grinding on his first wedge that has 10.5 degrees of bounce. What is YT? I'll look for the pic, I don't want Bladehunter to scold me again for not posting a link ??

> @mesegrn said:

> Z1ggy16 - The pic I saw shows 11 degrees of bounce and a wider sole but it looks to have his blunted leading edge and not the normal looking C type grinding on his first wedge that has 10.5 degrees of bounce. What is YT? I'll look for the pic, I don't want Bladehunter to scold me again for not posting a link ??

Youtube.

And I'm too lazy to go searching for it. Could have been on IG (Instagram, linked from Youtube). I wouldn't doubt for a second he has multiple different grind and bounce configs... you're talking one of the best and most sensitive players in the history of the game.

• Like 1

jah7838: I think you are right! I was assuming they were talking about his irons. We've used graphite for so long, I forgot about him using x100 in his woods. That's my mistake, I'm so sorry! Credibility shattered!! ? This crow is tasty! Back on topic: Anyone have information about his current wedge specs?