Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Monte's efficient swing

14567810»

Comments

• RbsiedscRbsiedsc Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

So I just purchased this and started going through the segments. My segment one looks good and realized by videotaping my swing that things go all wonky starting at segment 2. I am really hoping this helps my straight-pull to slice issue.

One question I have, can this also be applied to Driver and wood swings since you need a more sweeping attack? It seems like it should since these shots now seem less steep if you follow things correctly. Anyone have any experience in applying this to their drives?

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 2.0
    3W: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5
    3H: Taylormade M3 with Hazardous Black 6.5
    4-AW: Taylormade Speedblades 2 Deg upright with 120g FST X-Stiff Shaft
    Wedges: 54,60* Ping S Tour
    Putter: Taylormade Corza Ghost Mallet

• MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Southern CaliforniaMembers Posts: 18,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In theory it’s all the same regardless of club. The length of club and setup change dictate the changes and intent is the same.

However, intentional swing changes with driver tend to create problems...so ingrain with shorter clubs and me right it filter up.

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 5,941 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CasualLie said:

@musclefront said:

@CasualLie said:
    Not trying to do all that in a swing, just looking for the right trigger to start downswing. And getting a sanity check on the discrepancies.
    As it is, the biggest benefit I get from Monte's videos are helping to get back to basics when I go astray. My pattern has not changed much for a long time. Play 2-3 times in a week, by the 3rd time of the week play at my best, feel in a rhythm, then travel and step away from golf for 7 - 10 days. Come back to the course, forget what I was doing, try all kinds of triggers to find a rhythm and end up playing like a total hack beginner that struggles to break 90. Then watch Monte's videos, go ah...right...that's what I forgot, go back to the course, play much better, get in a rhythm, then travel again...repeat, repeat, repeat. Madness.

You pretty much just described the definition of insanity. Gotta change something up and quick! Ha

No kidding! Honestly, I am the closest I have ever been to quitting. It's just not fun anymore. It is hard for me to reconcile that years ago with clubs that are much less forgiving I could break 80 regularly, an index down to 5, and now in tournaments playing closer tees, with so much more "knowledge" and dialed in equipment, and my scores are horrid. Years of playing matches/skins and other junk games have totally ruined my ability to put together an 18 hole tournament.

Thanks to Monte I am hitting the ball better than ever...when I hit it because thanks to the 8 inches between the ears I am scoring worse than ever...

I spent a year hitting it better on the range (Monte lessons) but not on the course and scoring worse. Then it finally clicked in. Now I am playing best of my life. It just takes a while. It simply does.

Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• RbsiedscRbsiedsc Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

@MonteScheinblum said:
    In theory it’s all the same regardless of club. The length of club and setup change dictate the changes and intent is the same.

However, intentional swing changes with driver tend to create problems...so ingrain with shorter clubs and me right it filter up.

Thank you Monte!

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 2.0
    3W: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5
    3H: Taylormade M3 with Hazardous Black 6.5
    4-AW: Taylormade Speedblades 2 Deg upright with 120g FST X-Stiff Shaft
    Wedges: 54,60* Ping S Tour
    Putter: Taylormade Corza Ghost Mallet

• FireballerFireballer Members Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭

OMG...I literally had the game changer epiphany today. Ive been trying to basically rebuild my swing with this video and having good success. But it has been no good trying to carry if over to a real full swing. The segment 2 Drill 2 finally hit home. I cant believe it took this long. Ive watched it about 10 times and finally picked up on a cue from Montes hip move in this drill. My arm over run and EE is GONE! My literal thought to start the swing is "hips leave the hands behind".

• CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Members Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well...can't blame Monte, or anything related the "efficient swing", it works. I played 6 rounds last week in four days, the worse stretch I have ever had. And it was all mental. When somehow I could play loose/free, the shots were lasers and I could have a 4-5 hole stretch at even par or 1 under. And the crazy part was it would be in the toughest holes. But when I started "thinking" it was a disaster and really hard to get out of that mode.
    Shutting it down for tournaments for the rest of the year. Scheduling lobotomy.

• wickwosswickwoss Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Sorry if this had been addressed, but any suggestions on working on efficient swing or drive 4 dough first? I think I will end up doing both, but not sure where to start.

• GMN_02GMN_02 Memeber New JerseyMembers Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

@wickwoss said:
    Sorry if this had been addressed, but any suggestions on working on efficient swing or drive 4 dough first? I think I will end up doing both, but not sure where to start.

Start with Efficient Swing, this program is more about building what Monte considers a good swing from the ground up. D4D focuses on common faults and the fixes.

• wickwosswickwoss Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

@GMN_02
    Thanks. I was thinking that was the case, but wasn't quite sure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file