Best FREE app to measure club distance

Title says it all. Not that its really that big of a deal, but just something to get my distances with my clubs. An app that I can click when I hit my shot and then when I get to it to hit it again.

Comments

• jcorna01jcorna01 Members Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not free, but I picked up a used Game Golf live system for around $50 after getting new irons this spring. Main reason was to help me learn my new distances but the other stats it will provide will be nice, too.

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,698 ClubWRX

I'm also looking, trying to evaluate if The Grint, 18 Birdies or SwingU apps premium versions are worth it.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭

For me, without a doubt, Golf - GPS & Tee Times - the one from L1 Technologies (there's at least one other app with the same name, those aren't it.)

The main reason I like this over all the others that I've tried (and I've tried at least 6 or 8 other apps, including the ones most often cited here) is that the graphics for the hole layout are re-rendered in higher contrast colors that make the hole details like water, bunkers, etc much easier to see on a phone screen in the daylight. Most other apps just use satellite imagery and that means just about everything is some muted shade of dark green. On a phone screen in the sun, it's almost impossible to discern detail with those apps.

But, if you're just after the numbers to the hole, and don't care about hole layout graphics, then they're all about the same.

• CelerasCeleras Members Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Hole19 does this best for free.

Ping G400 Max 9.5* Ping Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* PX EvenFlow Blue 75 6.0
    Ping G410 Hybrid 15.5* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 Hybrid 19* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 5-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff, Green Dot
    Cleveland CBX Wedge Set 54/58*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #7
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • nuttinbutapeanutnuttinbutapeanut Members Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

@Celeras said:
    Hole19 does this best for free.

Looks good, I'm going to try it.

• BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have Android, just search in the app market for "GPS measuring tape." There are plenty of free apps for measuring that would work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file