Atmos Tour Spec 7 Red Stiff question

mikewohlwend ·  
mikewohlwendmikewohlwend  358WRX Points: 102Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 358 ClubWRX

I recently bought a couple TS 7 Red shafts. One is uncut the other is from a Titliest fairway wood.

Can someone tell me how much was tipped with the adapter still on it?

Posted:
Post edited by mikewohlwend on

Comments

• mikewohlwendmikewohlwend  358WRX Points: 102Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 358 ClubWRX

Revised my question and added pics

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Matt JMatt J  8735WRX Points: 337Members Posts: 8,735 Titanium Tees

It was tipped about an inch.
    Those SureFit adapters are quite deep, if you notice where the serial number ends on the outside of the adapter that's about where the end of the shaft seats. Just above the thin circlip on the outside of the adapter.

Posted:
  • mikewohlwendmikewohlwend  358WRX Points: 102Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 358 ClubWRX

On -, @Matt J said:

It was tipped about an inch.
    Those SureFit adapters are quite deep, if you notice where the serial number ends on the outside of the adapter that's about where the end of the shaft seats. Just above the thin circlip on the outside of the adapter.

Thank you for the reply. Looks like it's tipped about 3/4" then. That won't change the stiffness by anything noticeable.

Posted:
  • BleederFadeBleederFade  180WRX Points: 53Handicap: +0.3Members Posts: 180 Fairways

Since that's a fairway shaft the tipping is probably standard and you are correct it shouldn't play any stiffer. If it was a driver shaft it may play a little stiffer.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - Kuro Kage XT 
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 
    Titleist 718 T-MB 2 - TTDG 
    Mizuno MP18 4 - PW - TTDG 
    Vokey SM7 52.12 F, 56.14 F - TTDG 
    Taylormade HiToe 60 - TTDG 
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Very well could be 3/4's if it came from a fairway wood that could likely be the case. I didn't clean out the adapter I checked and throw a depth gauge in it but I can if you really want to know exactly.... within a 1/4 of an inch is probably sufficient?

Posted:

I was down to the shop on a different errand and checked, it's nearly an inch and a half from the top of the adapter to where the shaft seats. So, if you don't count the small plastic ferrule, but rather measure from the top of the aluminum cuff of the adapter, perhaps an inch and 7/16's?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

It's going into a M6 5 wood once I get the adapter off. So you guys have answered what I was wondering. Fujikura says to tip 1/2" for a 5 wood from the start.

Posted:

Seems right. Might want to start straight in and leave it a bit long in the butt to check the ball flight.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.