Atmos Tour Spec 7 Red Stiff question

mikewohlwendmikewohlwend ClubWRX Posts: 322 ClubWRX
edited Apr 17, 2019 2:42am in WRX Club Techs #1

I recently bought a couple TS 7 Red shafts. One is uncut the other is from a Titliest fairway wood.

Can someone tell me how much was tipped with the adapter still on it?

Post edited by mikewohlwend on

Comments

• mikewohlwendmikewohlwend ClubWRX Posts: 322 ClubWRX

Revised my question and added pics

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,659 ✭✭

It was tipped about an inch.
    Those SureFit adapters are quite deep, if you notice where the serial number ends on the outside of the adapter that's about where the end of the shaft seats. Just above the thin circlip on the outside of the adapter.

@Matt J said:
    It was tipped about an inch.
    Those SureFit adapters are quite deep, if you notice where the serial number ends on the outside of the adapter that's about where the end of the shaft seats. Just above the thin circlip on the outside of the adapter.

Thank you for the reply. Looks like it's tipped about 3/4" then. That won't change the stiffness by anything noticeable.

• BleederFadeBleederFade Members Posts: 149 ✭✭

Since that's a fairway shaft the tipping is probably standard and you are correct it shouldn't play any stiffer. If it was a driver shaft it may play a little stiffer.

Titleist TS2/TS3 9.5 Diamana DF 70TX / Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7TX
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Diamana W-Series 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 2 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100
    Mizuno MP18 4 - PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 52.12 F, 56.14 F True Temper Dynamic Gold X100, S400
    Taylormade HiToe 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Very well could be 3/4's if it came from a fairway wood that could likely be the case. I didn't clean out the adapter I checked and throw a depth gauge in it but I can if you really want to know exactly.... within a 1/4 of an inch is probably sufficient?

I was down to the shop on a different errand and checked, it's nearly an inch and a half from the top of the adapter to where the shaft seats. So, if you don't count the small plastic ferrule, but rather measure from the top of the aluminum cuff of the adapter, perhaps an inch and 7/16's?

It's going into a M6 5 wood once I get the adapter off. So you guys have answered what I was wondering. Fujikura says to tip 1/2" for a 5 wood from the start.

Seems right. Might want to start straight in and leave it a bit long in the butt to check the ball flight.