pro orange 70s thoughts ?

tyorke1 ·  
tyorke1tyorke1  2281WRX Points: 142Handicap: +1.4Members Posts: 2,281 Platinum Tees

Anyone play this in stiff, does it play stiffer or softer than flex, high launch or low, thanks

Posted:
m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
titleist ap3 
vokey 52--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Comments

• indianalawnguyindianalawnguy  497WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 497 Greens

I had the TX and think the S would have been perfect for me. If played x in my driver since before college golf and now that in starting to get old i am slowly moving to Stiff flex. The TX played pretty true to flex in my opinion...ive def hit x shafts that were stiffer. I would expect the S flex to play similar to other stiff flex driver shafts. Maybe someone who has hit the S will chime in! If u are looking for a few mph speed its worth a try!!!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22  569WRX Points: 180Handicap: 2Members Posts: 569 Golden Tee

I play the 70 tx in my driver and I'd say it plays like an x flex, maybe a bit on the stiffer side if anything. It's a lower launching and spin shaft. Haven't been able to get a true feel for it yet though since I've only hit it at the range and played one round when it was 50 degrees and windy.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 9 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • fkim011fkim011 Official Club Whore Irvine, California 798WRX Points: 130Members Posts: 798 Golden Tee

It plays at flex or a tad stiffer. It is definitely low launch, low spin.

Posted:
  • tyorke1tyorke1  2281WRX Points: 142Handicap: +1.4Members Posts: 2,281 Platinum Tees

nice , looking forward to it, i picked it without trying, more of a time thing. i still have several including my gamer in case i dont like it.

Posted:
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    titleist ap3 
    vokey 52--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version
    epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy  497WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 497 Greens

On -, @tyorke1 said:

nice , looking forward to it, i picked it without trying, more of a time thing. i still have several including my gamer in case i dont like it.

I do the same thing all of the time and always have. I will read about a shaft and if it sounds like a good fit i will buy it!!!
    Not saying that people shouldnt get properly fit...just saying that i have played golf for 45 of 49 years ive been on this earth and usually get "in the ballpark" when it comes to finding driver shafts. Might cost a little more in the long run, but its part of the fun! If it doesnt work for me it will prob end up on ebay or the BST.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.