Searching-- little black band/collar that separates the Odyssey V-Line putter shaft from the head.

golvenlar ·  
golvenlargolvenlar BADGERMAN 80WRX Points: 42Handicap: 4Members Posts: 80 Bunkers

HI,
There's a little black band/collar about an eight of an inch tall that separates the shaft from the hosel stem/head of my Tank V-line and Arm Lock V-line putters. I'm trying to find someone who has these for sale or at least where I might find them. Callaway says they "don't have access to these little black collar parts because their putters are assembled in Mexico." Golfworks has a little O-Ring but it's not the same thing. I'm going to switch shafts on these putters and know that this band will melt when I heat the shaft to take the shaft off. I know this is an obscure request but thought i'd throw it out there on the outside chance that someone else has tried the same search.
Thanks.
Badgerman

Posted:

Comments

• semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NC 883WRX Points: 282Members Posts: 883 Golden Tee

I have seen this posted several times but I don't think there has ever been an answer! Following to see if anyone has the goods this time around, if nothing else I can have the info for the future!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • halliedoghalliedog  2491WRX Points: 311Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,491 Platinum Tees

Is there any space to wrap a cold/wet strip of cotton T-Shirt around the ferrule, and use a butane/MAP torch on the shaft, then pull the head without twisting? I can't help on original question, just trying to think outside the box. I just made my own Frankenstein Odyssey OWorks Tank, but mine was a slant neck and didn't have a black band/collar as it was an over-the-post install.

Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • vmanvman  1354WRX Points: 218Handicap: ProMembers Posts: 1,354 Platinum Tees

Better late than never....wet a shoe lace with cold water, wrap it just above and over the ferrule. Heat the shaft with a propane torch ( about 10 secs) approx 1" above the wet lace and twist the head off...ferrule saved.

Posted:
    CALLAWAY EPIC SUB ZERO 9*
    CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP 14.5*, 5 DEEP 18.5*
    CALLAWAY APEX UT 21*
    CALLAWAY APEX 5-P
    CALLAWAY MD FORGED 50* 54* 58*
    ODYSSEY 2M CS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.