Searching-- little black band/collar that separates the Odyssey V-Line putter shaft from the head.

golvenlargolvenlar BADGERMANPosts: 78 ✭✭

HI,
There's a little black band/collar about an eight of an inch tall that separates the shaft from the hosel stem/head of my Tank V-line and Arm Lock V-line putters. I'm trying to find someone who has these for sale or at least where I might find them. Callaway says they "don't have access to these little black collar parts because their putters are assembled in Mexico." Golfworks has a little O-Ring but it's not the same thing. I'm going to switch shafts on these putters and know that this band will melt when I heat the shaft to take the shaft off. I know this is an obscure request but thought i'd throw it out there on the outside chance that someone else has tried the same search.
Thanks.
Badgerman

Comments

• semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 608 ✭✭

I have seen this posted several times but I don't think there has ever been an answer! Following to see if anyone has the goods this time around, if nothing else I can have the info for the future!

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭

Is there any space to wrap a cold/wet strip of cotton T-Shirt around the ferrule, and use a butane/MAP torch on the shaft, then pull the head without twisting? I can't help on original question, just trying to think outside the box. I just made my own Frankenstein Odyssey OWorks Tank, but mine was a slant neck and didn't have a black band/collar as it was an over-the-post install.

WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank