Athalonz golf shoes, anyone wearing them?

andre2you ·  
andre2youandre2you  634WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 634 Golden Tee

Hey All,
I currently have 2 pairs of Puma's, 2 pair of Nikes, 3 pair of footy joys and I'm looking at getting another pair for this year. I was watching the Long Drive Championships today and the guys were wearing Athalonz golf shoes. Looking at the website they seem interesting, I was wondering if anyone here has worn them to play golf, if so can you give a review on how comfortable they were and if they actually performed as advertised. At 200.00 I'd hate the order them only to return them.....
Thanks in advance

Posted:

Woods:
Callaway Rouge 10.5 w/EvenFlow Blue Stiff
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 15* w Hrdus Yellow
Callaway Rouge Hybrid

Irons (Pured):
LH 4-PW - Miura CB-801 w/KBS C-Taper X-Stiff(SS) (Black Limited)
Wedges (Pured):
Miura 52-54-60  CB-801 w/KBS C-Taper X-Stiff(SS) (Black Limited)
Putter:
Taylormade TP Juno 
Ball:
Wilson FG Tour (2019 version, love this ball)

Comments

• ShakesterShakester  609WRX Points: 132Handicap: 9Members Posts: 609 Golden Tee

They look nice, but for $200, there are proven brands out there that I'd much rather get. The Ecco Hybrid Biom GTX are $200 and as comfortable as any shoe out there.
    https://us.ecco.com/ecco-mens-biom-hybrid-3-gtx-15580451227.html?dwvar_15580451227_color=51227#utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=ecco+golf+shoes&utm_campaign=B_ECCO_Brand_Golf&msclkid=505f2db0b1e71dd8c03f7107ef4555bc&start=1

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • andre2youandre2you  634WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 634 Golden Tee

I'm not worried about the look, I want to know if they perform. My knees and back are getting worse as the years go by and I want a shoe that's going to let me rotate a little more on the thru swing.

Posted:

Woods:
    Callaway Rouge Hybrid

Irons (Pured):
    Wedges (Pured):
    Putter:
    Taylormade TP Juno 
    Ball:
  • Lwa42Lwa42  132WRX Points: 67Members Posts: 132 Fairways

For what it's worth, you can get them cheaper through a rep. I just ordered a pair with the 3 extra insoles

Posted:
    Post edited by Lwa42 on
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy  2102WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 2,102 Platinum Tees

Saw them in person over the weekend for a few seconds. I was in a rush, but in the brief moment with them, they didn't look too bad. I'd be interested in hearing how they perform for others

Posted:
  • andre2youandre2you  634WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 634 Golden Tee

On -, @Lwa42 said:

For what it's worth, you can get them cheaper through a rep. I just ordered a pair for $160 with the 3 extra insoles

If I only knew a rep............ any contacts you can float my way? Let me know how they work out for you..........

Thanks

Posted:

Woods:
    Callaway Rouge Hybrid

Irons (Pured):
    Wedges (Pured):
    Putter:
    Taylormade TP Juno 
    Ball:

Posted:
    Post edited by Lwa42 on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

I ordered 14s because I was afraid 13s would be too narrow. I wish I would have ordered 13s.

Posted:
    Post edited by Lwa42 on
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONA 3171WRX Points: 324Members Posts: 3,171 Titanium Tees

https://www.athalonz.com/pages/golf-shoes
    "Guaranteed to give you 20 more yards" ....

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt  4818WRX Points: 543Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,818 Titanium Tees

On -, @puttnforthe8 said:

https://www.athalonz.com/pages/golf-shoes
    "Guaranteed to give you 20 more yards" ....

That alone is reason for me to steer clear. A shoe that “guarantees” 20 more yards? lol, what are they owned by Taylormade?

Posted:
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan  1339WRX Points: 192Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,339 Platinum Tees

So far these are the aquisition of the year for me. Ordered a half-size up and they felt like they had a little too much room in the top, but added the +3 OAP insoles and they feel perfect.
    I had trail knee pain from a patellar tendon injury over the winter, exacerbated by the fact that I would occasionally hang back on my trail foot. This immedialy was relieved by wearing the Athalonz shoes. Three weeks later and I have zero knee pain. Not even a twinge.
    Note: they are not crazy comfortable in the traditional sense. They are comfortable in the way good ski boots are comfortable... No wiggle room or excessive play.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.