Best/safest product for removing paint fill?

Tblythe ·  
TblytheTblythe  14WRX Points: 39Members Posts: 14 Bunkers

I want to remove the paint fill from my wedges and putter but I want to make sure I don’t damage the finish. Wedges are just chromed but putter is pvd. Suggestions?

Posted:

Comments

• serprivserpriv scramblin for bogey NE MN 100WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 100 Fairways

Wondering this as well..

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2728WRX Points: 614Members Posts: 2,728 Titanium Tees

I use this. I usually spray in on a paper plate then use a toothpick or something similar to dab it on the paint I want removed.

Posted:
  • trhodetrhode Fitter / Builder  2029WRX Points: 157Members Posts: 2,029 Platinum Tees

Use a Dremel and clean up with acetone and q-tip

Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm  2564WRX Points: 924Members Posts: 2,564 Titanium Tees

Acetone, let it soak in, use a tip of a razor to scrape it out and toothpicks to clean corners etc. Repeat as necessary.

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

Epic Flash / Apex 19 / Apex + Pro / MD4 / Spider . || . ATMOS TS / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / Elevate Tour

• mikewohlwendmikewohlwend  358WRX Points: 102Handicap: 15ClubWRX Posts: 358 ClubWRX
    Posted:
  • douglastramseydouglastramsey  23WRX Points: 28Handicap: 17Members Posts: 23 Bunkers

I recommend CitriStrip as well. Simply apply a layer over the paintfill you want to remove. Leave it overnight for even the oldest paintfill... easily removed the next morning with a plastic brush/toothpicks/etc. to get in the small corners and paper towels.

Posted:
    TalyorMade M4 10.5*
    Ping G30 3-wood and 3-hybrid
    Mizuno H1 3i; Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5i-GW / Callaway Apex UT 21-degree; Callaway Prototype X 4i-PW
    Titleist SM7 Vokey 50F, 54F, 58K
    Scotty Cameron Custom Newport 2 & Golo3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.