EDEL's zero offset - any feedback?

SLC524SLC524 Members Posts: 3

I'm contemplating getting a fitting for Edel's SLI but I'm a bit worried about two things:
1) The smaller head and 2) the ZERO offset (or minimal offset).
I play off an index of 5.2 - but I've never had any experience with zero offset clubs. I am currently using Sterling single lengths and they are OK I guess, I just keep wondering if something is better out there - and EDEL's tech seems interesting.
Would appreciate comments/suggestions/feedback from SL users - particularly those that have tried BOTH Sterling and Edel. Thanks!

Comments

• WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,375 ✭✭

They will fit hosel to you so do not worry at all. Hosel, head shape all effect aim according to Edel.. I love mine but did not like the "toe up" version...

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 311 ✭✭

I've had both been playing the edels since december, which is a record for any clubs in my bag. I play off 16 and have no problem with the offset or head size. The biggest difference for me was shots off the toe with the edels carried better than with the sterlings, hope this helps!

epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing
  • SLC524SLC524 Members Posts: 3

@Wardonation said:
    They will fit hosel to you so do not worry at all. Hosel, head shape all effect aim according to Edel.. I love mine but did not like the "toe up" version...

Thanks - what is the toe up version? Is it a lie angle adjustment?

• SLC524SLC524 Members Posts: 3

@g-off said:
    I've had both been playing the edels since december, which is a record for any clubs in my bag. I play off 16 and have no problem with the offset or head size. The biggest difference for me was shots off the toe with the edels carried better than with the sterlings, hope this helps!

Thanks g-off, in terms of feel - would you say Edels is superior? Distance gapping? Ball flight? Do you find it easier to get the 6 or 5 to fly a bit higher? Which of the two carries further for you? Which of the two has more spin? Why did you change from Sterling to Edel? Would appreciate inputs as you are the first person i've seen actually experience both edel and sterling. Thanks!

• skralyskraly ClubWRX Posts: 1,526 ClubWRX

@SLC524 said:

@Wardonation said:

Thanks - what is the toe up version? Is it a lie angle adjustment?

I believe he was referring to one of the toe-up Edel putters.

• oso96oso96 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭

I tried the Sterling for a little while but never got comfortable with them. I play the Edel SLS now and love them. They took a little bit of time to get the ball position correct but I think I have it now. Have played to 8-12 index for a while and since switching irons I'm hitting 4-6 more gir. I was hitting 10 gir on average and these irons made an impact immediately. Playing to a 4 index now. If I can just get my putting to come around I can drop those last 4 strokes off.

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 311 ✭✭

@SLC524
    Personally I think the edels feel much better, they are just more solid, maybe due to the compact design. I believe they are more consistently flighted between long irons and short irons, gapping is consistent throughout the set for me but I am also playing minimalist with 5,7,9,gap, sand I have about 20-25 yards between irons. Spin was close between both of them, I can get the 5 iron to hold greens, distance on well struck shots was about equal for me, my miss is toward the tow and the edels were much better for me on toe hits. The reason I changed was I got a super deal on new edels and couldn't really turn them down.

@SLC524 said:

@g-off said:

Thanks g-off, in terms of feel - would you say Edels is superior? Distance gapping? Ball flight? Do you find it easier to get the 6 or 5 to fly a bit higher? Which of the two carries further for you? Which of the two has more spin? Why did you change from Sterling to Edel? Would appreciate inputs as you are the first person i've seen actually experience both edel and sterling. Thanks!

epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

hogan ft worth hi 22

edel sls 01 5-s

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing