Can I swap shafts with Optifit hosel between Callaway 5 wood and heavenwood

hkpv ·  
hkpvhkpv  3WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 3 Starters

Can anyone please tell me - I recently got 2 Epic Flash fairway woods, a 5 wood (shaft length 42.5 inches) and a Heavenwood (shaft length 42.75 inches). After hitting both, I am contemplating switching the 5-wood shaft into the Heavenwood and vice versa, to get a better distance gap. I realize that there will be changes in the swing weight and lie when I do this, but I am just concerned that the OptiFit hosels on each are only meant for that particular fairway wood head and will not adjust properly for the new head in terms of changes in loft (plus 2 or minus 1), etc. Has anyone done that with their removable shafts? Thanks !

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• ThinneditThinnedit  60WRX Points: 66Handicap: 24.8Members Posts: 60 Bunkers

They will interchange just fine.
    All new flash fairways use the optifit 3 sleeve which is the same as the big bertha hybrids (distinguishable by the lack of a plastic ferrule) While the flash driver uses the optifit 2 (same as rogue)

Hope this helps

Posted:
    Mavrik 9.0⁰ even flow riptide 60s
    Epic flash 3wd tensei blue CK 65s  • Rogue Pro 5-P xp105 s300
    Strokelab Black Ten • MD4 50⁰ 54⁰ PM19 58⁰ dg 115 tour issue
    Hyperlite Zero • Chrome soft / ERC soft
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OH 140WRX Points: 97Members Posts: 140 Fairways

Yes - you should be able to fit no problem. The epic flash has a new optifit this year that is smaller so it won't be compatible with old shafts but no problems switching within the same models.

Posted:
    What's in the Quiver (subject to rapid change)

Callaway Epic 10.5//GD IZ 6x
    Callaway GBB 3w//PX HZRDUS YELLOW 75g 6.5
    Callaway XR 5w//PX HZRDUS YELLOW 85g 6.5 
    Callaway Apex 4h//PX HZRDUS BLACK 85g 6.5
    Miura MB 101 5-P//PX 6.0
    Vokey Raw SM7 50F, 56F, 60M//DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron T22 Fastback 1.5
    ProV1
  • hkpvhkpv  3WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 3 Starters

Thanks, guys, appreciate your feedback!

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4270WRX Points: 745Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,270 Titanium Tees

I just saw Heavenwood in the epic flash yesterday. What is that?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.