Can I swap shafts with Optifit hosel between Callaway 5 wood and heavenwood

hkpvhkpv Members Posts: 3

Can anyone please tell me - I recently got 2 Epic Flash fairway woods, a 5 wood (shaft length 42.5 inches) and a Heavenwood (shaft length 42.75 inches). After hitting both, I am contemplating switching the 5-wood shaft into the Heavenwood and vice versa, to get a better distance gap. I realize that there will be changes in the swing weight and lie when I do this, but I am just concerned that the OptiFit hosels on each are only meant for that particular fairway wood head and will not adjust properly for the new head in terms of changes in loft (plus 2 or minus 1), etc. Has anyone done that with their removable shafts? Thanks !

Tagged:

Comments

• ThinneditThinnedit Club tech MelbourneMembers Posts: 12 ✭✭

They will interchange just fine.
    All new flash fairways use the optifit 3 sleeve which is the same as the big bertha hybrids (distinguishable by the lack of a plastic ferrule) While the flash driver uses the optifit 2 (same as rogue)

Hope this helps

Epic flash 3wd
    Ping rapture j-spec 5-P+S
    Ping gowin 5
    Golf.
  • Z4Z3RZ4Z3R Golfing Guy's Guy Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 50 ✭✭

Yes - you should be able to fit no problem. The epic flash has a new optifit this year that is smaller so it won't be compatible with old shafts but no problems switching within the same models.

Tourney WITB:
    • Callaway Epic SZ Black//GD TOUR AD IZ-6X
    • Callaway Rogue 3+//PX Yellow 83g 6.5
    • Callaway XR 5W//PX Yellow 83g 6.5
    • Callaway X-Forged UT 24*//Paderson Ballistic 99g X
    • 5-9 Ping iBlades//PX 6.5 ss
    • Vokey SM7 Raw 46F, 50F, 56F//PX 6.0
    • Vokey 60 Low bounce K grind//PX 5.5
    • Bettinardi Queen B 6
  • hkpvhkpv Members Posts: 3

Thanks, guys, appreciate your feedback!

• BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,090 ✭✭

I just saw Heavenwood in the epic flash yesterday. What is that?