TaylorMade R15 shaft change

Hi all, as someone who really has limited knowledge on club tech, I have a pretty dumb question. I have a TM R15. I'd like to replace the shaft. In looking at shafts, a lot of them say "TaylorMade loft sleeve." So my question is, are all TaylorMade loft sleeves the same? To be more specific, will this shaft fit into my R15? https://www.taylormadegolfpreowned.com/custom/shaft/rogue-silver-60-110msi/p_pd-1033556.aspx?flx=3&st=146

I just want to ensure I'm not buying a shaft that is not compatible with my driver. Thank you and sorry for the dumb question!

Comments

• burns9304burns9304 Members Posts: 332 ✭✭

That shaft will fit in a R15. The Taylormade loft sleeves changed starting at the R1 back around 2013. R11s and before have the older sleeve.

TaylorMade M3 460 9.5* Graphite Design Tour IZ 6X
    TaylorMade M3 16* Graphite Design Tour IZ 7X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Graphite Design Tour IZ 95X
    PXG 0311T 4-PW Matrix Program F15 120TX
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 50*S, 54*M, 58*M Nippon Modus 125X
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS
  • Adam CAdam C Members Posts: 237 ✭✭

Simple advise, call them and ask. They don't appear to say on the preowned site what adapter it is other than loft adjustable. R15 takes the same adapter as any of the current stuff but I think that adapter they show is from before the R15. And to make sure that the adapter on the club is the same as what they are showing on the site, call first.

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 22,876 ✭✭

@iHititStraightSometimes said:
    Hi all, as someone who really has limited knowledge on club tech, I have a pretty dumb question. I have a TM R15. I'd like to replace the shaft. In looking at shafts, a lot of them say "TaylorMade loft sleeve." So my question is, are all TaylorMade loft sleeves the same? To be more specific, will this shaft fit into my R15? https://www.taylormadegolfpreowned.com/custom/shaft/rogue-silver-60-110msi/p_pd-1033556.aspx?flx=3&st=146

I just want to ensure I'm not buying a shaft that is not compatible with my driver. Thank you and sorry for the dumb question!

Not all are the same but the large majority will be compatible. TM changed the adapter design way back when the R1 was released. So shaft from/for the older r9, r11, r11s, and RBZ (orig) will not be compatible. Everything else since then will work fine - although there have been several variations on how they look and the ferrule design.

For that web site, looks like the old ones are referred to as "TM FCT" fittings so the "Loft Sleeve" listings are likely the newer generation adapter. "R1 Loft Sleeve" will work as well - you just have to ignore the loft labels on the sleeve ferrule.