Sprained foot?

CowabungaCowabunga Members Posts: 190 ✭✭

Has anyone sprained their lead foot before? I went into Saturdays round fully healthy, and I left it fully healthy (no issues). Went to bad Saturday evening feeling great, then woke up Sunday morning and the top of my foot killed. No noticable swelling. I went to the doctor, got it x-rayed, nothing broken. He says it's a sprain. Has anyone had this happen, where they sprained something, like their foot, but never felt it happen? I'm totally dumbfounded.

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,664 ✭✭

Replace your shoes.

• sprcoopsprcoop Tucson, AZMembers Posts: 801 ✭✭

I tweaked my left knee around new years playing one on one basketball with a 6'4" 18 year old but didn't feel it until I was done and cooled off. I think it was my burning lungs that masked the pain. It's still messed up. At least it doesn't bother me when golfing.

Driver: TaylorMade R7 425CC 8.5* Grafalloy blue S
    3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R
    5W: TourModel III True Temper S
    2I: TourModel III True Temper S
    3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S
    SW: TourModel III True Temper S
    Putter: Cobra Anvil 005
    Ball: Ksig 3 piece

• CowabungaCowabunga Members Posts: 190 ✭✭

@Ferguson said:
    Replace your shoes.

Funny thing is, I had just replaced them. I had one round previously (walking) on a pair of Adidas Tour Knit 360, this was my second round. I bought them because I had seen good reviews, but maybe it's the shoes? They don't have a tongue on the top which I found weird, and that's where my pain is.

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,664 ✭✭

@Cowabunga said:

@Ferguson said:
    Replace your shoes.

Funny thing is, I had just replaced them. I had one round previously (walking) on a pair of Adidas Tour Knit 360, this was my second round. I bought them because I had seen good reviews, but maybe it's the shoes? They don't have a tongue on the top which I found weird, and that's where my pain is.

It's the shoes. Take them back and get a refund.

I would use the term strain not sprain. But a doctor I am not.

I walk when I play and like the **Footjoy Pro SL. **

@Ferguson said:

@Cowabunga said:

@Ferguson said:
    Replace your shoes.

It's the shoes. Take them back and get a refund.

I would use the term strain not sprain. But a doctor I am not.

I walk when I play and like the **Footjoy Pro SL. **

Thanks for the suggestion. Even though I bought the shoes in September, I've only had a chance to wear them 3 times. I complained to Adidas and they're going to take them back for store credit since they had 2 year warranty. I'm hoping to find some Adidas I can use that are more comfortable and actually have a tongue on them!

• chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members Posts: 865 ✭✭

@Cowabunga said:
    Has anyone sprained their lead foot before? I went into Saturdays round fully healthy, and I left it fully healthy (no issues). Went to bad Saturday evening feeling great, then woke up Sunday morning and the top of my foot killed. No noticable swelling. I went to the doctor, got it x-rayed, nothing broken. He says it's a sprain. Has anyone had this happen, where they sprained something, like their foot, but never felt it happen? I'm totally dumbfounded.

Be more specific on what you mean by "top of foot."

@chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

Above the cuniform bone, in line with the big toe. Essentially where the last laces (closest to your body) would go, on the right side (closest to center) of the left foot.

@Cowabunga said:

@chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

Above the cuniform bone, in line with the big toe. Essentially where the last laces (closest to your body) would go, on the right side (closest to center) of the left foot.

Could it be stress fracture that isn't showing up on film yet?

(I have to laugh a little bit because this forum is filled with "advice" from non experts on the golf swing and now we have extended that to physical ailments. ;-) )

Hmm, is there a way > @chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

@chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

(I have to laugh a little bit because this forum is filled with "advice" from non experts on the golf swing and now we have extended that to physical ailments. ;-) )

Hmm, I'm completely new to this sort of injury. A stress fracture wouldn't have shown up on X-Ray? I had the injury on a Saturday, and got the X-Ray on Tuesday. Nothing is black and blue, if that's any help.

edited Apr 19, 2019 5:05pm #11

@Cowabunga said:
    Hmm, is there a way > @chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

@chigolfer1 said:

@Cowabunga said:

Hmm, I'm completely new to this sort of injury. A stress fracture wouldn't have shown up on X-Ray? I had the injury on a Saturday, and got the X-Ray on Tuesday. Nothing is black and blue, if that's any help.

No, stress fractures only show up on x-ray once it starts healing or at least that's what they always said, and what happened to me in HS when my tibia stress fracture didn't show up. Maybe the technology is better now?

• SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers Posts: 2,188 ✭✭

I've sprained my ankles many a time. Only one of them didn't have any swelling, my last one, and it was the worst one I've ever experienced. I've noticed all of them, no mystery sprains or strains. Could just be a muscle/ligament tear perhaps.

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file