2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Ping g410 driver head won’t come off...any suggestions?

yarrd ·  
yarrdyarrd  18WRX Points: 45Members Posts: 18

Hi y’all,
Looking forward to trying out the 410. However I’m not able to separate the head from the shaft to do some tweaking after loosening the bolt. It’s super tight! Any suggestions? Do I have a dud?

Posted:

Comments

• shellbmbshellbmb  302WRX Points: 115Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 302

I reshafted a friend's G410 and it was hard to separate as well. Nothing special to get it off, but just some wiggling, tapping the butt end of the shaft on the ground, or other vibrations to help loosen it up. It finally came off.

Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ DDD Aldila 130 Sliver 60TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 76mpg76mpg  351WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 351

Loosen the bolt as much as possible then gently tap the grip against the front edge of a stair/step while holding the head.

Posted:
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New York 3185WRX Points: 393Handicap: +0.9Members Posts: 3,185

I had a similar issue with my G30. Based on what I read on here, I undid the bolt, turned the club upside down and dropped it on the grip end of the club from about 6" in the air. The head came right off after that.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
    Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7985WRX Points: 289Handicap: ScotchMembers Posts: 7,985

During fittings I have the same problem. I just tap the butt end on the ground, she comes loose.

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • fkim011fkim011 Official Club Whore Irvine, California 791WRX Points: 126Members Posts: 791

I wouldn't take the bolt off for fear of it falling off and hitting the floor. I would loosen it 50% and have the butt end go at it with the floor.

Posted:
  • denkeadenkea  427WRX Points: 101Handicap: 10.1Members Posts: 427

Or ~~~~ Tap the head of the club on the grass or a carpeted area.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6050WRX Points: 1,336Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,050

Or take the wrench and tap the hosel.

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.