Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

He's BAAAAAAACK

Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Internet legend and current world #226 Ho Sung Choi will be back in the US for the John Deere Classic with a sponsor's exemption.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/hosung-choi-tee-it-john-deere-classic

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy, here we go again...

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,403 ClubWRX

Just remember that's in Illinois!

• VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what any of this means but Imma give you a **** YEAH! anyways.

Or should that be a HO YEAH!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

YJS had his big moment there. Why not HSC?

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

Shot a 62 in round 2.

https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

• Titleist99Titleist99 Members Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭

Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

• dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@iBanesto said:

Shot a 62 in round 2.

https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

Not bad, Ryo Ishikawa is also in this event. Crazy to see how low hes dropped after being basically a prodigy like Tiger.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,403 ClubWRX

@Titleist99 said:
    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

Was he a sponsor invite?

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Hawkeye77 said:

@Titleist99 said:

Was he a sponsor invite?

because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmecca2 said:

@iBanesto said:

Shot a 62 in round 2.

Not bad, Ryo Ishikawa is also in this event. Crazy to see how low hes dropped after being basically a prodigy like Tiger.

Ryo's won twice this year in Japan, leads the Japanese Tour Order of Merit and is now ranked #120 in the world.

Sadly, Hosung has not had a good year. Only one top 10 finish anywhere and he's dropped to #316 in the world. Hopefully, he can get a great result here.

• dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@Darth Putter said:

@dmecca2 said:

@iBanesto said:

Shot a 62 in round 2.

Ryo's won twice this year in Japan, leads the Japanese Tour Order of Merit and is now ranked #120 in the world.

Sadly, Hosung has not had a good year. Only one top 10 finish anywhere and he's dropped to #316 in the world. Hopefully, he can get a great result here.

Good to know. Maybe a sponsors invite would be better spent on him. Get him back onto the PGA tour

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

• OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

@Titleist99 said:

Was he a sponsor invite?

because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

I wonder which player has had the most sponsors invites in PGA Tour history. Anyone know?

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2019 12:47am #15

Ho Sung Choi still tied for the lead at -13 after the 3rd round.

Ho-Sung Choi is having a backache problem. "I can only swing with 80% of my power so, I am left behind even more, but I will try to hang on."

https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourTopicsDetailEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&languageKbn=1&administerNo=90

@grm24 said:
    Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

Yes, I do understand that it started in April 2019....Felt it was a good time to explain the sponsor exemption again before it arises on this board again.....

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Titleist99 said:

@grm24 said:

Yes, I do understand that it started in April 2019....Felt it was a good time to explain the sponsor exemption again before it arises on this board again.....

You know as well as I do that the next time somebody well known and undeserving in some posters minds here gets a sponsors exemption they will be here and whine about it without fail with the same tired arguments that have been disproved in the past. Then after that the same thing will happen again and again. Likely by the same trolls.

@grm24 said:

@Titleist99 said:

@grm24 said:

You know as well as I do that the next time somebody well known and undeserving in some posters minds here gets a sponsors exemption they will be here and whine about it without fail with the same tired arguments that have been disproved in the past. Then after that the same thing will happen again and again. Likely by the same trolls.

Yeah, I know but my quest to educate must go on. One day every man woman and child will understand that………...Oh, never mind. LOL!

• 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I love watching his swing in slow mo. His down swing and impact position is REALLY great. Everything else is wild.

• BaddsBadds Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread title. So descriptive.

Not.

• Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Im_A_Savage said:
    Great thread title. So descriptive.

Not.

I'm working on my clickbait skills.

Thank you for your attention.

Hosung finishes tied for second, his best result by far of 2019.

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@OldTomMorris said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

@Titleist99 said:

Was he a sponsor invite?

I wonder which player has had the most sponsors invites in PGA Tour history. Anyone know?

I am thinking John Daly, he didn't and might still not have any status. Lived off sponsor exemption for a few years.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@OldTomMorris said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

@Titleist99 said:

Was he a sponsor invite?

I am thinking John Daly, he didn't and might still not have any status. Lived off sponsor exemption for a few years.

I suspected it would be him. He's in the field at the Greenbrier this week.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file