GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

He's BAAAAAAACK

 Darth Putter ·  
Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6307WRX Points: 3,208Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,307 Titanium Tees
Joined:  in Tour Talk #1

Internet legend and current world #226 Ho Sung Choi will be back in the US for the John Deere Classic with a sponsor's exemption.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/hosung-choi-tee-it-john-deere-classic

Posted:
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
«1
2

Comments

  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32564WRX Points: 2,009Posts: 32,564 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2

    Oh boy, here we go again...

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21746WRX Points: 5,744Posts: 21,746 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3

    Just remember that's in Illinois!

    Posted:
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members  18116WRX Points: 1,051Posts: 18,116 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4

    I have no idea what any of this means but Imma give you a **** YEAH! anyways.

    Or should that be a HO YEAH!

    Posted:
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members  18116WRX Points: 1,051Posts: 18,116 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #5

    YJS had his big moment there. Why not HSC?

    Posted:
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4942WRX Points: 629Posts: 4,942 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    Posted:
  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members  1230WRX Points: 549Posts: 1,230 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #7

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  377WRX Points: 329Handicap: +3Posts: 377 Greens
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    Not bad, Ryo Ishikawa is also in this event. Crazy to see how low hes dropped after being basically a prodigy like Tiger.

    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21746WRX Points: 5,744Posts: 21,746 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Was he a sponsor invite?

    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10852WRX Points: 3,961Handicap: 8Posts: 10,852 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Was he a sponsor invite?

    because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6307WRX Points: 3,208Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,307 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #11

    On -, @dmecca2 said:

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    Not bad, Ryo Ishikawa is also in this event. Crazy to see how low hes dropped after being basically a prodigy like Tiger.

    Ryo's won twice this year in Japan, leads the Japanese Tour Order of Merit and is now ranked #120 in the world.

    Sadly, Hosung has not had a good year. Only one top 10 finish anywhere and he's dropped to #316 in the world. Hopefully, he can get a great result here.

    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  377WRX Points: 329Handicap: +3Posts: 377 Greens
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @Darth Putter said:

    On -, @dmecca2 said:

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    Not bad, Ryo Ishikawa is also in this event. Crazy to see how low hes dropped after being basically a prodigy like Tiger.

    Ryo's won twice this year in Japan, leads the Japanese Tour Order of Merit and is now ranked #120 in the world.

    Sadly, Hosung has not had a good year. Only one top 10 finish anywhere and he's dropped to #316 in the world. Hopefully, he can get a great result here.

    Good to know. Maybe a sponsors invite would be better spent on him. Get him back onto the PGA tour

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4797WRX Points: 1,854Posts: 4,797 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13

    Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

    Posted:
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Was he a sponsor invite?

    because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

    I wonder which player has had the most sponsors invites in PGA Tour history. Anyone know?

    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4942WRX Points: 629Posts: 4,942 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 8, 2019 #15

    Ho Sung Choi still tied for the lead at -13 after the 3rd round.

    Ho-Sung Choi is having a backache problem. "I can only swing with 80% of my power so, I am left behind even more, but I will try to hang on."

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourTopicsDetailEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&languageKbn=1&administerNo=90

    Posted:
  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members  1230WRX Points: 549Posts: 1,230 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @grm24 said:

    Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

    Yes, I do understand that it started in April 2019....Felt it was a good time to explain the sponsor exemption again before it arises on this board again.....

    Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4797WRX Points: 1,854Posts: 4,797 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @grm24 said:

    Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

    Yes, I do understand that it started in April 2019....Felt it was a good time to explain the sponsor exemption again before it arises on this board again.....

    You know as well as I do that the next time somebody well known and undeserving in some posters minds here gets a sponsors exemption they will be here and whine about it without fail with the same tired arguments that have been disproved in the past. Then after that the same thing will happen again and again. Likely by the same trolls.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members  1230WRX Points: 549Posts: 1,230 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @grm24 said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @grm24 said:

    Does anybody actually realize this thread was started in April 2019 about a sponsor exemption for a player in an event that played in July 2019?

    Yes, I do understand that it started in April 2019....Felt it was a good time to explain the sponsor exemption again before it arises on this board again.....

    You know as well as I do that the next time somebody well known and undeserving in some posters minds here gets a sponsors exemption they will be here and whine about it without fail with the same tired arguments that have been disproved in the past. Then after that the same thing will happen again and again. Likely by the same trolls.

    Yeah, I know but my quest to educate must go on. One day every man woman and child will understand that………...Oh, never mind. LOL!

    Posted:
  • 2bGood2bGood Members  5628WRX Points: 860Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,628 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19

    I love watching his swing in slow mo. His down swing and impact position is REALLY great. Everything else is wild.

    Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6307WRX Points: 3,208Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,307 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @Im_A_Savage said:

    Great thread title. So descriptive.

    Not.

    I'm working on my clickbait skills.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Hosung finishes tied for second, his best result by far of 2019.

    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10852WRX Points: 3,961Handicap: 8Posts: 10,852 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @OldTomMorris said:

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Was he a sponsor invite?

    because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

    I wonder which player has had the most sponsors invites in PGA Tour history. Anyone know?

    I am thinking John Daly, he didn't and might still not have any status. Lived off sponsor exemption for a few years.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @OldTomMorris said:

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    Well, lets get this out the way.....A sponsor has up to eight sponsor exemptions and can do with them as they please, within the rules. Sponsors put up the money for the tournament so they are not taking spots away from the low level Touring Pros. They are simply adding value to their event...….Carry On!

    Was he a sponsor invite?

    because he is a clown, people like clowns. I like clowns.. unless it is this clown

    I wonder which player has had the most sponsors invites in PGA Tour history. Anyone know?

    I am thinking John Daly, he didn't and might still not have any status. Lived off sponsor exemption for a few years.

    I suspected it would be him. He's in the field at the Greenbrier this week.

    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6307WRX Points: 3,208Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,307 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23

    Hosung Choi leads after three rounds in the Heiwa PGM Championship in Japan.

    https://www.golflive24.com/japan-golf-tour/heiwa-pgm-championship/

    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Soloman1Soloman1 Members  2953WRX Points: 974Posts: 2,953 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #24

    Japanese and Korean cultures both believe that there are personality traits associated with blood types. Studies have shown that type AB has the highest IQ and GPA, while type B has the lowest IQ and GPA.

    I saw some interesting blind tests in Japan with hidden cameras of personality traits of children given tasks to perform on their own and how the method they picked differed by blood type.

    I always thought of it as akin to Astrology in Japan.

    Posted:
    I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
    Avogadro would be proud.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21746WRX Points: 5,744Posts: 21,746 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @Hackattack1 said:

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/PlayerProfileEng.do?playerTourKbn=0&playerCd=15943

    why the blood type?

    They like to be positive over there.

    Posted:
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6329WRX Points: 1,762Handicap: 3Posts: 6,329 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @Soloman1 said:

    Japanese and Korean cultures both believe that there are personality traits associated with blood types. Studies have shown that type AB has the highest IQ and GPA, while type B has the lowest IQ and GPA.

    I saw some interesting blind tests in Japan with hidden cameras of personality traits of children given tasks to perform on their own and how the method they picked differed by blood type.

    I always thought of it as akin to Astrology in Japan.

    Am I crazy for thinking that this might be BDC next ‘thing’?

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4942WRX Points: 629Posts: 4,942 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #27

    Ho Sung Choi wins the Heiwa PGM Championship.

    3rd Japan Tour win.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=82&round=6

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members  4942WRX Points: 629Posts: 4,942 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @Hackattack1 said:

    On -, @iBanesto said:

    Ho Sung Choi is currently leading the Fujisankei Classic after 2 rounds!

    Shot a 62 in round 2.

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/TourLeaderboardEng.do?year=2019&tournaKbnCd=0&conferenceCd=8&round=4

    https://www.jgto.org/pc/PlayerProfileEng.do?playerTourKbn=0&playerCd=15943

    why the blood type?

    You never know when you may need a quick blood transfusion on the golf course obviously.

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.