What is your Golf Clothes style? And what is not?

BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,599 ✭✭

I am a big Adidas and Callaway Guy .
Adidas because I like the style, colors and fit. And Callaway because it is extra comfortable. Under Armour is pretty good , just find the quality isn’t the best.

Can’t do Puma, too young. Walter Hagan I want to like but Is too dated and does not fit well. Travis Matthew is too odd, like a Jimmy Buffett concert .
Oakley too tight and whackey.

What about you? What is your style?

Comments

• dvdtdvdt Members Posts: 10,503 ✭✭

Greyson, gfore and Adidas for the styles. UA looks the same every year. Footjoy and Peter millar are like tents with their sizing.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
    Touredge CBX 119
    Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Bettinardi Queen B

• kthomaskthomas Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited Apr 18, 2019 1:37am #3

I love the Travis Matthew polos - one of the few polos that fits me well, most others seem too "relaxed". And I really like some of their patterns. They have some fun ones, and some more formal ones, which can be dressed up or down.

Still trying to find a pair of pants I like. Don't like the cuts on the Puma's, UA's, Adidas or Nike's. I have some Bonobos, but need to get them tailored. Want to try some ABC's.

• buntabunta Members Posts: 566 ✭✭

If i only knew how to operate a sewing machine. Life would be so much easier.

TS3 9.5
    s55 4-PW
    SM6 50/54/58
    TP  Ardmore
  • rbark11rbark11 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Nike and Under Armour. They make quality apparel.

• papichulostevepapichulosteve Members Posts: 1,711 ✭✭

Travis Mathew, Linksoul and Matte Grey make great stuff that can be worn on and off the course. I also wear plenty of Nike, but given my choices, I'll go with the more casual TM/Linksoul style. I tend to really like some of the smaller lifestyle brands as well, just supporting small businesses like surf n turf, sugarloaf, etc.

• DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 708 ✭✭

I like Adidas and Nike golf pants. Shirts I like Oakley and Greg Norman.

• AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 202 ✭✭

polo shirts I wear are normally Vineyard Vines, UA, FJ, and TravisMathew
    Shorts are UA and Nike
    Pants are Nike or UA for the most part

I like to think of my style as classy and casual. Typical dad in his 30's

• BDowningBDowning Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

Like Footjoy atheltic fit polos and Bad Birdie. Big fan of high collars that aren't flimsy. Pants...Adidas and nothing else.

• DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭

For pants I have gone almost exclusively to the athletic FJ five pocket style. Really comfortable with great stretch. For shorts I have pairs of Adidas, RLX, FJ, and Under Armour that I rotate through. Polos are mostly FJ, Peter Millar, and RLX. I have had the sleeves tailored and shortened on all of my FJ polos and it has made a world of difference.

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,250 ✭✭

31yo male, actually wearing a pair of UA grey golf pants right now and a lime green Puma polo shirt. Don't care about brands matching, just needs to fit well. Usually wear Taylormade hats... Just like the simple colors and the fit.

I have a mixture of Puma and UA shirts mostly, and UA and Puma golf pants. Have 3 pair of shots, 1 Puma, 1 Adidas, 1 UA.

WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭

I wear the athletic stuff, Nike only since it fits best.
    I dont like the 'classic' golf stuff like the two tone shoes from FJ and whatever with the leather and etc.

Long Live Nike
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭

For shirts, primarily Adidas. I've always loved their breathable polo shirts. Shorts, I have multiple pairs of Nike and Adidas shorts that all seem to work about the same interchangeably. If I'm playing a late practice round by myself sometimes I'll chill out a little bit with just a tee shirt and some plaid cargo shorts. For shoes, I have a pair of Adidas 360 that I primarily use during the spring, with a pair of Nike Spikeless shoes that I switch to once things dry out a bit. I have a brown or black mission belt depending on what color shorts I have on. Might add a white belt to the rotation.

Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV 65 Stiff
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood (16.0 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (21.5 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Odyssey White Ice Rossie (34")
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭

My style is shorts shorts shorts. I hardly ever wear pants on the course. It has to be below 45º before I consider throwing pants on. Same with long sleeves, it has to be below 45-50º before I throw a sweater or jacket on. The long sleeves just feel too restrictive for me.

Short shorts, well above my knee. Polo tucked in. I swap between solid colors, or wild prints (Bad Birdie). No brand loyalty. I have polos from Nike, Adidas, Oakley, Peter Millar, J Lindeberg, Travis Matthews. Shorts are from Chubbies, J Crew, or Bonobos. I have Nike, Adidas, and Puma shoes. I have Titleist, TaylorMade, and Vice hats.

So yeah, no specific brand loyalty, but everything pretty much fits and looks the same. So more of a "style" loyalist, regardless what brand I'm wearing.

• dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 398 ✭✭

Generally solids. Have a multitude of brands from both the usual golf wear suppliers as well as what I find elsewhere like Uniqlo (and I'm a big fan, btw) and "regular" stores. Even have a shirt I got at Costco that I like a lot - can't remember the brand. Overall no brand preferences or loyalties. Matching logos? Pfffffft.

For shorts that need a belt, the belt is always dark and not a "golf" belt. I always go untucked, so it's really not visible for the most part anyways. My favorite shorts are actually beltless drawstring/elastic - super light and comfy, and with an untucked shirt, look very good to my eye.

Dark socks, always at least high enough to cover my ankle bones, sometimes crew length. I don't like the super-low "hidden" socks. Haven't worn white socks for golf in about 15 years.

Strongly prefer sneaker/athletic style shoes over traditional golf shoe styles.

Baseball hat that is usually of an actual baseball team (a mix of MLB, minor league, foreign, high-school), or some other, non-golf related entity. I don't own any golf-brand hats.

Overall, a more casual look, for sure, but still pretty trim and neat. (At my local in-town muni, where they're very relaxed about dress code I'm happy to wear a T-shirt. Basically, if you're not just wearing a thong, you're probably OK by their rules.)

• bosshogbosshog Members Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm a Nike guy, especially TW collection, shirts, shoes, and hats. I like bright colors and white shoes, belts, and hats. Wild socks have become a part my arsenal mostly Happy Socks. Not into the spike less or sneaker looks at all. I'm a big guy 240, 6'1 so being nice and neat is important to me. One of the first lessons of golf I learned was " always look good, even tho you may play like *hit"

• backhillbackhill Members Posts: 102 ✭✭

@kthomas said:
    I love the Travis Matthew polos - one of the few polos that fits me well, most others seem too "relaxed". And I really like some of their patterns. They have some fun ones, and some more formal ones, which can be dressed up or down.

Still trying to find a pair of pants I like. Don't like the cuts on the Puma's, UA's, Adidas or Nike's. I have some Bonobos, but need to get them tailored. Want to try some ABC's.

I wear the ABC's in the office and on the course. 10/10 would recommend.

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,842 ✭✭

I go for the contrasting look. European style pants from Stromberg . I agree with the o p.... " Can’t do Puma, too young. Walter Hagan I want to like but Is too dated and does not fit well. Travis Matthew is too odd, like a Jimmy Buffett concert .
    Oakley too tight and whackey"

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • ME27ME27 Members Posts: 99 ✭✭

Almost all nike just like their style and fit and a little UA

Driver - Titleist TS3 8.5* - Hzrdus Smoke X 
    3 wood - Taylormade M3 15* - Diamana W Series 
    Hybrid - Srixon ZH85  19* - Hzrdus Black
    Irons - Srixon Z585 4-A - KBS Tour C Taper Lite X
    Wedges - Cleveland RTX4 Black 54* / Taylormade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Black Mist
    Ball - Taylormade TP5X 
  • RuffingItRuffingIt Members Posts: 155 ✭✭

For me, Nike pant sizing have been inconsistent every other year. I found a Puma 5-pocket for a good deal, and i definitely like their fit straight off the rack. I have a go-to tailor that does all my pant alterations, and Puma pants had a more fitted taper down the leg that i liked. So less money spent on just adjusting length, which will always be the case for me. Polos...I really like the color blocking of TravisMathew and the casual everyday look of LinkSoul. Also like those two brands have more cotton-blend choices, versus full poly that Nike mostly sells.

Ping G400 LST 8.5˚ (Kuro Kage Silver Tini X)
    Ping G410 3 wood (Ping Tour stiff)
    Nike vr pro ltd 5 wood (UST Mamiya VTS 85S silver)
    Nike vr pro combo 3-PW (S300)
    Nike Engage 55˚ss, 60˚ds
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5 33"

in rotation
    Nike Method Origin B2-01 33" / Nike Method Matter B2-01 33"
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 467 ClubWRX

Polos are Vineyard Vines & Peter Millar & adidas
    Don't do Puma or anything that fits small... I'm a big dude

WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 994 ✭✭

Business casual. I wear it to work, I wear it to the course. When it is hot I substitute shorts for slacks. Might do brighter colors of shorts than I would ever wear to work. Pretty right down the middle and vanilla.

Ashworth and FJ in traditional "golf" stripes, solid Nike and Under Armour shirts. Pretty sub-dued colors, nothing crazy in the day-glo spectrum. NO WHITE PANTS.

• Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members Posts: 924 ✭✭

Adidas pants and shorts, UA shirts , mostly solids, UNC hat

Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,557 ✭✭

I think fit is more important than brand. I like shirts and pants that look tailored. I always wear long pants (work at country club) and traditional FJ Dry Joy shoes. I generally don't like
    clothes or hats with logos.

PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • AThompson_3AThompson_3 Members Posts: 1,401 ✭✭

Relatively conservative but with a bit of an edge. Lots of Vineyard Vines and Peter Millar, but usually with a trucker hat and GFore Galivanters. I’ll wear most anything, but the one thing I will NEVER wear on a golf course is anything black. No black shoes, no black shirt, no black pants. Black is an absolute no go on the golf course.

Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black, Bettinardi BB1F
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5
  • IcemanYVRIcemanYVR Amateur Vancouver, BCMembers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭
    edited Apr 19, 2019 7:35pm #26

Late 40’s, big guy, have always been an Ashworth, Ralph Lauren, FootJoy classics kind of dresser on the course. Reading this thread with interest as I’m looking for something different and don’t really have anywhere to start. Not looking for branded (Nike, UA, Adidas, etc...) stuff, like what I’ve seen from Grayson, Peter Millar but not really sure what else. Don’t want to dress like Rickie, but don’t want to dress like Phil either. Any ideas are appreciated.

Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15° | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18° | Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 460 ✭✭

I'm an older guy with a modern taste in fashion which extends off the golf course as well. I like slimmer fitting clothes so I go with brands like J. Lindeberg, G/Fore, Original Penguin and Galvin Green for tops. For pants, I'm all about the Bonobos Highland in the tailored fit.

Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 88 ✭✭

Oversized cotton shirts with short sleeves down past my elbows. Pleated parachute dress pants. Leather saddle golf shoes.

• RickKimbrellRickKimbrell Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited Apr 20, 2019 12:00am #29

Well, I will start out by saying I am older than dirt (72yrs). Living in SE Texas, I get to wear shorts most of the year. They have quit making the shorts I preferred which was Fila Golf. Perfect fit, perfect length. If it is cold enough to wear slacks, I have Nike golf slacks in several colors.
    When it comes to shirts my age starts to show big time. 99.9% of the time, I wear button down collar polo shirts. Just about every golf shirt maker has one or two styles that have button down collar and I probably own every one of them. I find the best fitting to be Mizuno, Ping, Foot Joy. It has be pretty cold for me to wear a golf shirt with any cotton content. I think I own 3 maybe that have any cotton content at all.
    I don't care for structured caps at all. I have several colors in Taylor Made caps that are not structured. If not too windy and in summertime, I wear straw hats to protect my ears.
    Belts match my shoes.

• RickKimbrellRickKimbrell Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭

@Ripper859 said:
    Oversized cotton shirts with short sleeves down past my elbows. Pleated parachute dress pants. Leather saddle golf shoes.

You 'da man!!!

• UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods Posts: 1,063 ✭✭

I’ve been buying a lot of ping shirts and pullovers this year and I really like the quality. Other than that Nike and UA