What is your Golf Clothes style? And what is not?

BB28403 ·  
BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 748Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

I am a big Adidas and Callaway Guy .
Adidas because I like the style, colors and fit. And Callaway because it is extra comfortable. Under Armour is pretty good , just find the quality isn’t the best.

Can’t do Puma, too young. Walter Hagan I want to like but Is too dated and does not fit well. Travis Matthew is too odd, like a Jimmy Buffett concert .
Oakley too tight and whackey.

What about you? What is your style?

Posted:

Comments

• StarFleetGolferStarFleetGolfer  10641WRX Points: 303Members Posts: 10,641 Titanium Tees

Greyson, gfore and Adidas for the styles. UA looks the same every year. Footjoy and Peter millar are like tents with their sizing.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrick
    Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W
    Callaway Superhybrid
    Titleist 510 20
    Titleist T100
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kthomaskthomas  59WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 59 Bunkers

I love the Travis Matthew polos - one of the few polos that fits me well, most others seem too "relaxed". And I really like some of their patterns. They have some fun ones, and some more formal ones, which can be dressed up or down.

Still trying to find a pair of pants I like. Don't like the cuts on the Puma's, UA's, Adidas or Nike's. I have some Bonobos, but need to get them tailored. Want to try some ABC's.

Posted:
  • buntabunta  776WRX Points: 442Members Posts: 776 Golden Tee

If i only knew how to operate a sewing machine. Life would be so much easier.

Posted:
    TS3 / 785 / SM7 / Juno
  • rbark11rbark11  87WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 87 Fairways

Nike and Under Armour. They make quality apparel.

Posted:
  • papichulostevepapichulosteve  1735WRX Points: 131Members Posts: 1,735 Platinum Tees

Travis Mathew, Linksoul and Matte Grey make great stuff that can be worn on and off the course. I also wear plenty of Nike, but given my choices, I'll go with the more casual TM/Linksoul style. I tend to really like some of the smaller lifestyle brands as well, just supporting small businesses like surf n turf, sugarloaf, etc.

Posted:
  • DavidvDavidv  1015WRX Points: 234Members Posts: 1,015 Platinum Tees

I like Adidas and Nike golf pants. Shirts I like Oakley and Greg Norman.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag  237WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 237 Fairways

polo shirts I wear are normally Vineyard Vines, UA, FJ, and TravisMathew
    Shorts are UA and Nike
    Pants are Nike or UA for the most part

I like to think of my style as classy and casual. Typical dad in his 30's

Posted:
  • BDowningBDowning  183WRX Points: 104Members Posts: 183 Fairways

Like Footjoy atheltic fit polos and Bad Birdie. Big fan of high collars that aren't flimsy. Pants...Adidas and nothing else.

Posted:
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05  379WRX Points: 72Handicap: 6Members Posts: 379 Greens

For pants I have gone almost exclusively to the athletic FJ five pocket style. Really comfortable with great stretch. For shorts I have pairs of Adidas, RLX, FJ, and Under Armour that I rotate through. Polos are mostly FJ, Peter Millar, and RLX. I have had the sleeves tailored and shortened on all of my FJ polos and it has made a world of difference.

Posted:
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  9091WRX Points: 1,328Members Posts: 9,091 Titanium Tees

31yo male, actually wearing a pair of UA grey golf pants right now and a lime green Puma polo shirt. Don't care about brands matching, just needs to fit well. Usually wear Taylormade hats... Just like the simple colors and the fit.

I have a mixture of Puma and UA shirts mostly, and UA and Puma golf pants. Have 3 pair of shots, 1 Puma, 1 Adidas, 1 UA.

Posted:
    D - Epic SZ | Tour Z Xtreme 465
    3w - '16 Tour Issue M1 (16.5*) | Diamana B 70
    5w - '17 M1 | Tensei Pro Blue 70
    4h - 818H1 | Tensei Pro White 90
    Irons - P760 5-PW | Modus 120
    GW - Glide 3.0 50/12 | S400 Tour Issue
    SW - Glide 3.0 54/12| S400 Tour Issue
    LW - Glide 3.0 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue
    P - Odyssey Big 7 Arm Lock or Custom EVNROLL ER5
    Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm  2660WRX Points: 982Members Posts: 2,660 Titanium Tees

I wear the athletic stuff, Nike only since it fits best.
    I dont like the 'classic' golf stuff like the two tone shoes from FJ and whatever with the leather and etc.

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

Epic Flash / Apex 19 / Apex + Pro / Epic / MD4 / Scotty . || . ATMOS TS / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / Elevate Tour

Advertisement
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SD 880WRX Points: 162Handicap: 14.5Members Posts: 880 Golden Tee

For shirts, primarily Adidas. I've always loved their breathable polo shirts. Shorts, I have multiple pairs of Nike and Adidas shorts that all seem to work about the same interchangeably. If I'm playing a late practice round by myself sometimes I'll chill out a little bit with just a tee shirt and some plaid cargo shorts. For shoes, I have a pair of Adidas 360 that I primarily use during the spring, with a pair of Nike Spikeless shoes that I switch to once things dry out a bit. I have a brown or black mission belt depending on what color shorts I have on. Might add a white belt to the rotation.

Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (19 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Red X3 (34")
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE  2025WRX Points: 134Handicap: 3.9Members Posts: 2,025 Platinum Tees

My style is shorts shorts shorts. I hardly ever wear pants on the course. It has to be below 45º before I consider throwing pants on. Same with long sleeves, it has to be below 45-50º before I throw a sweater or jacket on. The long sleeves just feel too restrictive for me.

Short shorts, well above my knee. Polo tucked in. I swap between solid colors, or wild prints (Bad Birdie). No brand loyalty. I have polos from Nike, Adidas, Oakley, Peter Millar, J Lindeberg, Travis Matthews. Shorts are from Chubbies, J Crew, or Bonobos. I have Nike, Adidas, and Puma shoes. I have Titleist, TaylorMade, and Vice hats.

So yeah, no specific brand loyalty, but everything pretty much fits and looks the same. So more of a "style" loyalist, regardless what brand I'm wearing.

Posted:
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey  527WRX Points: 247Members Posts: 527 Golden Tee

Generally solids. Have a multitude of brands from both the usual golf wear suppliers as well as what I find elsewhere like Uniqlo (and I'm a big fan, btw) and "regular" stores. Even have a shirt I got at Costco that I like a lot - can't remember the brand. Overall no brand preferences or loyalties. Matching logos? Pfffffft.

For shorts that need a belt, the belt is always dark and not a "golf" belt. I always go untucked, so it's really not visible for the most part anyways. My favorite shorts are actually beltless drawstring/elastic - super light and comfy, and with an untucked shirt, look very good to my eye.

Dark socks, always at least high enough to cover my ankle bones, sometimes crew length. I don't like the super-low "hidden" socks. Haven't worn white socks for golf in about 15 years.

Strongly prefer sneaker/athletic style shoes over traditional golf shoe styles.

Baseball hat that is usually of an actual baseball team (a mix of MLB, minor league, foreign, high-school), or some other, non-golf related entity. I don't own any golf-brand hats.

Overall, a more casual look, for sure, but still pretty trim and neat. (At my local in-town muni, where they're very relaxed about dress code I'm happy to wear a T-shirt. Basically, if you're not just wearing a thong, you're probably OK by their rules.)

Posted:
  • bosshogbosshog  121WRX Points: 79Members Posts: 121 Fairways

I'm a Nike guy, especially TW collection, shirts, shoes, and hats. I like bright colors and white shoes, belts, and hats. Wild socks have become a part my arsenal mostly Happy Socks. Not into the spike less or sneaker looks at all. I'm a big guy 240, 6'1 so being nice and neat is important to me. One of the first lessons of golf I learned was " always look good, even tho you may play like *hit"

Posted:
  • backhillbackhill  114WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 114 Fairways

On -, @kthomas said:

I love the Travis Matthew polos - one of the few polos that fits me well, most others seem too "relaxed". And I really like some of their patterns. They have some fun ones, and some more formal ones, which can be dressed up or down.

Still trying to find a pair of pants I like. Don't like the cuts on the Puma's, UA's, Adidas or Nike's. I have some Bonobos, but need to get them tailored. Want to try some ABC's.

I wear the ABC's in the office and on the course. 10/10 would recommend.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan  10309WRX Points: 562Handicap: 12Members Posts: 10,309 Titanium Tees

I go for the contrasting look. European style pants from Stromberg . I agree with the o p.... " Can’t do Puma, too young. Walter Hagan I want to like but Is too dated and does not fit well. Travis Matthew is too odd, like a Jimmy Buffett concert .
    Oakley too tight and whackey"

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 
  • ME27ME27  158WRX Points: 87Handicap: 10Members Posts: 158 Fairways

Almost all nike just like their style and fit and a little UA

Posted:
    Driver - Titleist TS3 8.5* - Diamana W Series 
    3 wood - Titleist TS3 15* - Diamana W Series 
    Hybrid - Titleist TS2 19* - Hzrdous Smoke
    Irons - Srixon Z585 4-A - KBS Tour C Taper Lite X
    Wedges - Mizuno S18 Gunmetal 54* / Taylormade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58*
    Putter - Bettinardi BB1-LN Longneck
    Ball - Titleist Pro V1
  • RuffingItRuffingIt  171WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 171 Fairways

For me, Nike pant sizing have been inconsistent every other year. I found a Puma 5-pocket for a good deal, and i definitely like their fit straight off the rack. I have a go-to tailor that does all my pant alterations, and Puma pants had a more fitted taper down the leg that i liked. So less money spent on just adjusting length, which will always be the case for me. Polos...I really like the color blocking of TravisMathew and the casual everyday look of LinkSoul. Also like those two brands have more cotton-blend choices, versus full poly that Nike mostly sells.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5˚ (Kuro Kage Silver Tini X)
    Ping G410 3W (Ping Tour stiff)
    Ping G410 3 Crossover (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80)
    Nike VR Pro combo 4-PW (S300)
    Nike Engage 50˚ss, 55˚ss, 60˚ds
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5 33"

in rotation
    Nike Method Origin B2-01 33" / VR Pro ltd 5 wood (UST Mamiya VTS 85S silver)

• jwhite86jwhite86  800WRX Points: 270Handicap: 12ClubWRX Posts: 800 ClubWRX

Polos are Vineyard Vines & Peter Millar & adidas
    Don't do Puma or anything that fits small... I'm a big dude

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down.  1934WRX Points: 719Members Posts: 1,934 Platinum Tees

Business casual. I wear it to work, I wear it to the course. When it is hot I substitute shorts for slacks. Might do brighter colors of shorts than I would ever wear to work. Pretty right down the middle and vanilla.

Ashworth and FJ in traditional "golf" stripes, solid Nike and Under Armour shirts. Pretty sub-dued colors, nothing crazy in the day-glo spectrum. NO WHITE PANTS.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3  1183WRX Points: 356Members Posts: 1,183 Platinum Tees

Adidas pants and shorts, UA shirts , mostly solids, UNC hat

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • BMCBMC  3828WRX Points: 792Handicap: YESMembers Posts: 3,828 Titanium Tees

I think fit is more important than brand. I like shirts and pants that look tailored. I always wear long pants (work at country club) and traditional FJ Dry Joy shoes. I generally don't like
    clothes or hats with logos.

Posted:
    PING Rapture (OG) 14* 44 inches
    Titleist 910 F 20* FW
    Callaway '18 MB irons
    NIKE SV 50*
    Callaway 56 SW
    Odyssey 1WS putter
  • AThompson_3AThompson_3  1452WRX Points: 129Members Posts: 1,452 Platinum Tees

Relatively conservative but with a bit of an edge. Lots of Vineyard Vines and Peter Millar, but usually with a trucker hat and GFore Galivanters. I’ll wear most anything, but the one thing I will NEVER wear on a golf course is anything black. No black shoes, no black shirt, no black pants. Black is an absolute no go on the golf course.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 55S, 60M Project X 6.5
    Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black, Bettinardi BB1F
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5
  • IcemanYVRIcemanYVR Amateur Vancouver, BC 1115WRX Points: 139Handicap: 6.2Members Posts: 1,115 Platinum Tees

Late 40’s, big guy, have always been an Ashworth, Ralph Lauren, FootJoy classics kind of dresser on the course. Reading this thread with interest as I’m looking for something different and don’t really have anywhere to start. Not looking for branded (Nike, UA, Adidas, etc...) stuff, like what I’ve seen from Grayson, Peter Millar but not really sure what else. Don’t want to dress like Rickie, but don’t want to dress like Phil either. Any ideas are appreciated.

Posted:
    Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15° | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18° | Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1
  • ShakesterShakester  612WRX Points: 134Handicap: 9Members Posts: 612 Golden Tee

I'm an older guy with a modern taste in fashion which extends off the golf course as well. I like slimmer fitting clothes so I go with brands like J. Lindeberg, G/Fore, Original Penguin and Galvin Green for tops. For pants, I'm all about the Bonobos Highland in the tailored fit.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1x

Advertisement
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati 106WRX Points: 53Handicap: 10Members Posts: 106 Fairways

Oversized cotton shirts with short sleeves down past my elbows. Pleated parachute dress pants. Leather saddle golf shoes.

Posted:
  • RickKRickK Missouri City TX 1605WRX Points: 112Handicap: GHINMembers Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees

Well, I will start out by saying I am older than dirt (72yrs). Living in SE Texas, I get to wear shorts most of the year. They have quit making the shorts I preferred which was Fila Golf. Perfect fit, perfect length. If it is cold enough to wear slacks, I have Nike golf slacks in several colors.
    When it comes to shirts my age starts to show big time. 99.9% of the time, I wear button down collar polo shirts. Just about every golf shirt maker has one or two styles that have button down collar and I probably own every one of them. I find the best fitting to be Mizuno, Ping, Foot Joy. It has be pretty cold for me to wear a golf shirt with any cotton content. I think I own 3 maybe that have any cotton content at all.
    I don't care for structured caps at all. I have several colors in Taylor Made caps that are not structured. If not too windy and in summertime, I wear straw hats to protect my ears.
    Belts match my shoes.

Posted:

I know it says I am from Missouri City TX but I have moved to Weston Lakes TX.

Tried to change it in my profile 15 times so far, says "saved" but still does not change.

I give up.

• RickKRickK Missouri City TX 1605WRX Points: 112Handicap: GHINMembers Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees

On -, @Ripper859 said:

Oversized cotton shirts with short sleeves down past my elbows. Pleated parachute dress pants. Leather saddle golf shoes.

You 'da man!!!

Posted:

I know it says I am from Missouri City TX but I have moved to Weston Lakes TX.

Tried to change it in my profile 15 times so far, says "saved" but still does not change.

I give up.

Advertisement
  • UnteachableUnteachable North Mississippi 1241WRX Points: 216Handicap: 8BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 1,241 Platinum Tees

I’ve been buying a lot of ping shirts and pullovers this year and I really like the quality. Other than that Nike and UA

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.