TM TP Balls

Any noticeable difference between the 2017 model and just-released 2019 model? The 2017 TP-5 seemed to work well for my 10-year old. Need to get more balls and wanted to know if the 2019 version had noticeable higher compression or any other differences.

Comments

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭

My 13 year old has started playing this ball. He gets better ball speeds than with the Pro-V or the old Wilson FG Tours. He didn't like the ball at first. I made him play several round with it and he has fallen in love. Ball is great around the greens.

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭

The boy tried the new TP5 and TP5X. For his swing the TP5 was a better option but still not as good as the Bridgestone.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

@leezer99 said:
    The boy tried the new TP5 and TP5X. For his swing the TP5 was a better option but still not as good as the Bridgestone.

I just ordered the new Wilson FG Tours to try. Made the Golf Digest Gold list in which they never have previously. Supposed to be long and soft. The kid really like the old version around the greens. I think he will stick with the TP though.

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭

@heavy_hitter said:

@leezer99 said:

I just ordered the new Wilson FG Tours to try. Made the Golf Digest Gold list in which they never have previously. Supposed to be long and soft. The kid really like the old version around the greens. I think he will stick with the TP though.

Listen to the Dean Snell podcast on GolfWRX they just put up the other day. He speaks directly about the misconception of 'soft' balls... he has 50 ball patents, designed the modern Titleist ProV series, the TM TP series, etc. Dude knows his balls.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

@leezer99 said:

@heavy_hitter said:

@leezer99 said:

Listen to the Dean Snell podcast on GolfWRX they just put up the other day. He speaks directly about the misconception of 'soft' balls... he has 50 ball patents, designed the modern Titleist ProV series, the TM TP series, etc. Dude knows his balls.

Haven't gotten that far in the podcast yet, but interesting that his ball MTB is 75-80 compression. TP5 is 85 compression. ProV1 is upper 80's compression. Wilson FG Tour is 70 compression. The less the compression the softer feeling the ball, yet they are figuring out how to make them softer while still going a long ways.