Juniors playing longer courses in tournaments

tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
edited Apr 19, 2019 7:12pm in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1

Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

Post edited by tiger1873 on

Comments

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,060 ✭✭

Maybe you have the wrong idea of what average is.

• darter79darter79 Members Posts: 698 ✭✭

You are so delusional on just about everything you post.

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

@darter79 said:

Thank you for your comment it is very very helpful your obviously know everything and all of us should be grateful that you take time to give us advice oh mighty one.

From now on I am going to listen to you

• yellowlover519yellowlover519 Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited Apr 19, 2019 8:39pm #5

@tiger1873 said:
    Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

That’s great. How was the field? Where was this? May seem average bc the field was weaker? Plenty of competitive tournaments at those yardages if you seek it/can get in. Did your daughter do well?

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,844 ClubWRX

@darter79 said:

DAyum!!!!! :#

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,028 ✭✭
    edited Apr 20, 2019 2:18am #7

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• JuniorGolfParentJuniorGolfParent Members Posts: 31 ✭✭

SMH = So Much Hate

Why???

• kcapkcap Members Posts: 157 ✭✭

@tiger1873 said:

I am curious what dynamic you are talking about?

And what is is average.

No hate here but trying to understand your statement

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

@kcap said:

@tiger1873 said:

And what is is average.

When playing in the older groups and longer courses the girls scores are not as low as you think.

The better girls score well but that group is a lot smaller then you would believe to to be watching the younger players at 11-12. At 5000 yards you get away with bad drives or iron shots at above 6000 you simply don’t A lot girls simply don’t have the ability to driver or hit irons well and that shows up big time on longer courses. 1000 yards is a huge difference.

• golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2019 2:19am #11

I understand what you are saying. Same thing happens to boys. We have seen boys that regularly shoot low scores in 6500 yards games struggle in AJGA Open caliber events which play at 6900+ yards. I think driving distance matters and is required for juniors of 14 and older to advance to next level.

@tiger1873 said:

@kcap said:

@tiger1873 said:

And what is is average.

When playing in the older groups and longer courses the girls scores are not as low as you think.

The better girls score well but that group is a lot smaller then you would believe to to be watching the younger players at 11-12. At 5000 yards you get away with bad drives or iron shots at above 6000 you simply don’t A lot girls simply don’t have the ability to driver or hit irons well and that shows up big time on longer courses. 1000 yards is a huge difference.

• TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter Members Posts: 72 ✭✭

@golfer55082 said:
    I understand what you are saying. Same thing happens to boys. We have seen boys that regularly shoot low scores in 6500 yards games struggle in AJGA Open caliber events which play at 6900+ yards. I think driving distance matters and is required for juniors of 14 and older to advance to next level.

Agreed! Its like an magic distance. Kids can shot low for certain distances. Prehaps its driver and mid to long iron accuracy over the course of 18 or 36 holes.

Cobra F8+ - Fujikura Regular
    Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Kuro Kage Regular
    Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 90 R
    Fourteen 52 (Bent to 50) - Nippon R
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Vokey SM7 60 - Dynamic Gold
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX