Venmo....

KC13KC13 31st StateMembers Posts: 343 ✭✭

Noticed a lot of people asking for Venmo on the BST. Ones currently up stating they will discount 10% if Venmo is used.
Protect yourself people and don't pay via Venmo!

• KC
Driver: TaylorMade M5 9° / Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6x
4 Wood: Callaway Rogue 17° / Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 21° / Matrix Ozik Altus X 
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 (4-pw) / KBS Tour Black Nickel 125 S+
Wedges: Titleist SM7 Raw 50,54,58 / KBS Tour 120 S
Putter: Scotty Cameron / Studio Select Laguna 2

Comments

• Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 563 ✭✭

It's literally the top post stickied here

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,504 ✭✭

Report the post immediately

• KC13KC13 31st StateMembers Posts: 343 ✭✭

@Krt22 said:

Done so on two separate adds and they still remain...

• KC13KC13 31st StateMembers Posts: 343 ✭✭

@Joker91 said:
    It's literally the top post stickied here

Aware.

• 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,217 mod

@KC13 said:

@Krt22 said:

Send me a PM. Reports are not always looked at immediately.

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

My starting position is that if someone wants you to pay with a method that gives no buyer protection they ARE trying to scam you. Anyone asking should get an automatic ban. No questions asked.

Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members Posts: 375 ✭✭

@1t2golf said:

@KC13 said:

@Krt22 said:

Oh boy. Prepare to hear from me on a regular basis. Just PMed you about a seller who has been a member from 2007 requiring these payments. Everyone has decided to take advantage of the chaos. BST feels like the wild west right now and it's killing the enjoyment.

• payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 729 ✭✭

No other reason to ask for venmo other than to scam you.

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,950 ClubWRX

I use Venmo for my sons ice bill/ hockey payments but that's it. It's like gifting or Friends & Family through PayPal. If it's required run away from the deal.

• rjp322rjp322 Members Posts: 3,131 ✭✭

Id guess a big reason people ask to use Venmo is because their PP got shut down. There are pages that started off the Golf Club Traders Page on facebook that are essentially raffle pages and the guys who were raffling lots of stuff off eventually got caught by PP and their account got shut down. Know quite a few this happened too. Im sure there are scammers out there too but just saying, I sure wouldnt assume they are all scammers for asking for Venmo

@rjp322 said:
    Id guess a big reason people ask to use Venmo is because their PP got shut down. There are pages that started off the Golf Club Traders Page on facebook that are essentially raffle pages and the guys who were raffling lots of stuff off eventually got caught by PP and their account got shut down. Know quite a few this happened too. Im sure there are scammers out there too but just saying, I sure wouldnt assume they are all scammers for asking for Venmo

I had mine shut down for a bit a few years ago cause someone decided to make a note they were paying for our fantasy football league.

• swgolf12swgolf12 Members Posts: 899 ✭✭

@Joker91 said:

@rjp322 said:

I had mine shut down for a bit a few years ago cause someone decided to make a note they were paying for our fantasy football league.

That's not allowed?

• 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
      • LTD 14.5* Matrix 8M2
      • Vapor Fly Pro 3
      • Titleist T-MB 4
      • VR Forged 5-9
      • SM5 46*
      • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
      • PM Grind 64
      • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T

@swgolf12 said:

@Joker91 said:

@rjp322 said:

That's not allowed?

Nope, PayPal considers it gambling. As long as you don't mention it in your comments, PayPal will never know though.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,603 ✭✭

@Olde Maroon said:

@1t2golf said:

@KC13 said:

@Krt22 said:

Oh boy. Prepare to hear from me on a regular basis. Just PMed you about a seller who has been a member from 2007 requiring these payments. Everyone has decided to take advantage of the chaos. BST feels like the wild west right now and it's killing the enjoyment.

I said the same thing recently (https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18859652#Comment_18859652), about the BST being the wild west. It’s like a big neon light for all the scumbags that have been tossed from all the internet golf selling outlets inviting them to do all the shady **** that got them booted elsewhere.

Unfortunate, BST used to be my first, second, and third stop before resorting to eBay. At this moment, it would take a gun in my back to consider using the BST here. My one attempt since the redesign was a terrible experience in comparison to the old site.

Out of curiosity, because I haven’t been following along the updates on the dumpster fire of a site redesign... is the site still taking payment to place pinned ads? Because, honestly, it should cease until the most minimal of failsafes (like feedback, maybe?) are in place there. It’s a bad look that the site will take folks money to pin ads on BST but can’t get things right there.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭

If I'm selling something and the guy prefers paying via Venmo, fine, but telling people it's your only payment option is a bad look. If you lost your PayPal through the ridiculous raffles or whatever, you could also do FB pay or whatever the heck else millennials are using to split checks nowadays.

• NDGolfer13NDGolfer13 Members Posts: 1,178 ✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019 2:11am #17

@Bad9 said:
    My starting position is that if someone wants you to pay with a method that gives no buyer protection they ARE trying to scam you. Anyone asking should get an automatic ban. No questions asked.

I agree. Keeps everyone honest. We all may not like the fact that PayPal has fees associated with the service they provide but it also provides protection. If someone has asked me to pay F & F I’ve either told them I won’t do that or if they have given me a good deal I’ll pay the extra 3%. If they don’t want that to Happen then they prob ARe trying to scam.

Mizuno ST190 Diamana X17 70x/ST190G Tensei White 70x
    TBD
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Lowest Setting Tour AD BB 70X
    Rogue 2H Proforce V2 (new one)
    Miura CB2008 Catalyst 100 6.5 SSx1/Miura PP-9003 Steel Fiber i95 stiff 4-G
    Miura Y 49/James Patrick 54/58 or Ping Glide 2.0 50/56/60
    Machine Flow Neck/Toulon Garage San Diego (Current Gamer)

FOR NOW...........
    All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

@NDGolfer13 said:

@Bad9 said:

I agree. Keeps everyone honest. We all may not like the fact that PayPal has fees associated with the service they provide but it also provides protection. If someone has asked me to pay F & F I’ve either told them I won’t do that or if they have given me a good deal I’ll pay the extra 3%. If they don’t want that to Happen then they prob ARe trying to scam.

I have walked away from a couple of deals when they asked me to pay F&F. It’s non negotiable for me. Nothing I am looking to buy with PP is so important to me that I will give up the only real protection I have. There’ll always be another golf club or item

Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06