Anyone on here ever played 100 holes in a single day?

2»

Comments

• golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members  3777WRX Points: 1,138Handicap: 4Posts: 3,777 Titanium Tees

On -, @Ferguson said:

On -, @golfandfishing said:

One year our DOG committed to playing 108 holes for the local high school. He showed up barely able to walk with a back issue. I played the first 18, opened the golf shop while our head pro played 36, I played the next 36 and our GM played the last 18. The local paper wrote an article about our Director of Golf and his efforts to raise money for the high school golf team. He wasn’t on the property for more than 20 minutes and all of the donations came from members that were asked by the golf shop staff. None of the people who actually played golf or raised funds were mentioned in the article.

So your answer is No?

Correct. :)

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5784WRX Points: 3,128Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,784 Titanium Tees

On -, @Ferguson said:

One year our DOG committed to playing 108 holes for the local high school. He showed up barely able to walk with a back issue. I played the first 18, opened the golf shop while our head pro played 36, I played the next 36 and our GM played the last 18. The local paper wrote an article about our Director of Golf and his efforts to raise money for the high school golf team. He wasn’t on the property for more than 20 minutes and all of the donations came from members that were asked by the golf shop staff. None of the people who actually played golf or raised funds were mentioned in the article.

So your answer is No?

Correct. :)

I never played 100 in a single day, either.

Did your DOC's back issue miraculously clear up soon after the said 108-hole event took place?

Posted:
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members  3777WRX Points: 1,138Handicap: 4Posts: 3,777 Titanium Tees

No, he had an actual issue and was out for a bit. He was a richardhead before that day though, and continues to be one today.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4276WRX Points: 751Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

A 7 iron is very versatile. Hit it 160, 160, chip and putt . Repeat for every hole. Lol

Posted:
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX  3251WRX Points: 168Posts: 3,251 ClubWRX

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement! I'm sure I will be feeling it the day after. I have dealt with a fractured vertebrae since college football, but for the most part it doesn't bother me. If I have to, I'll bunt a driver out to finish the last round.

I think there's only 20 to 30 players, it's the first year they are doing this and I expect they will have more people involved in the coming years. I believe we are doing groups of one or two. We should be able to play quickly.

You can take a maximum of two putts once you are on the Green, which I think is smart. You don't have to worry about lagging it close. Though I imagine after the first few rounds I won't be overly concerned with my score. Though my buddy and I have a side bet going for the first round or two (or three)

I think we are playing more than one ball on the par 3's, not exactly sure.

Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Fuji Ventus Black 6X or Ping G410 LST 10.5 - Diamana D+60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    Titleist 818 H2 19 - Fuji Speeder TS 9.8 X
    PXG 0311 ST - 4 to PW - KBS C Taper 130 X 
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw - 58 Mid
    TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck - Byron Morgan Flow Neck

Wait - I thought you were playing 100 holes of golf? Picking up after 2 putts isn’t golf.......

Posted:

Advertisement
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5784WRX Points: 3,128Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,784 Titanium Tees

Wait - I thought you were playing 100 holes of golf? Picking up after 2 putts isn’t golf.......

In the fantasy world of not-so-fantastic feats it is.

Posted:

On -, @Ferguson said:

Can you even say you played 100 holes if you don’t finish some of them?

Posted:

On -, @Ferguson said:

Can you even say you played 100 holes if you don’t finish some of them?

According to Dr. Hadden, "under no circumstances should an unfinished hole be characterized as a played hole."

Posted:
  • LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers  2001WRX Points: 204Posts: 2,001 Platinum Tees

Walked 72 in one day for a cancer charity 3 years ago. Rounds 1 & 2 without a break, then 30 minute breaks between rounds 2/3 and 3/4; we started at 6.00am and finished round about 8.00pm. Complete clothing change after round 2 and fresh socks for round 4. Ready golf is the only way to do it, and always play a provisional if even a hint of trouble (new rules should help here though). My best 2 scores came in rounds 3 and 4 which surprised me. A tiring day overall, but fun and worthwhile. 4 of us raised just over £1,000.

Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  4953WRX Points: 868Posts: 4,953 ClubWRX

No, I fell 44 holes short of 100 on any single day. :)

Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303

Advertisement
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1191WRX Points: 368Posts: 1,191 Platinum Tees

50 give or take a few, empty course Gainsville,Fla. played until I was out of golf balls

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • IamMarkMacIamMarkMac SF Bay AreaMembers  766WRX Points: 254Handicap: 10Posts: 766 Golden Tee

Nine hole course ten times. That actually wasn't that hard in a cart and that was literally the only time I ever played that course in a cart.

Posted:
    Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
    Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
    Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
    Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
    Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
    Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • blitzgolfblitzgolf Members  5WRX Points: 9Posts: 5 Bunkers

about 60 was my max in carts too.

Posted:
  • hooters714hooters714 Members  43WRX Points: 54Handicap: 7.6Posts: 43 Bunkers

No but every year in April the GM of our club and 17 other golfers play 100 holes for the MAC Fund and all the donations go to the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. They raise about $ 25 K a year. Pretty cool idea and the GM gets donations from our membership. I would do it for charity if asked.

Posted:
  • LyinEyeLyinEye Members  353WRX Points: 164Posts: 353 Greens

Can't imagine doing 100 holes in one day.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MPSgolfsMPSgolfs Members  77WRX Points: 46Handicap: 10Posts: 77 Fairways

54 is my record

Posted:
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members  3638WRX Points: 566Handicap: 3.0Posts: 3,638 Titanium Tees

I've done it last year. We have a 100-Hole Tournament at our club once a year (if enough people are up for it).
    Rules are:

• Strokeplay
    • no electronic assitances (carts, electro trolleys)

I ended up carrying a pencil bag with 7 clubs and it was fun for About 54 holes. Then I got a few blisters and the remaining holes were agony. I didn't change shoes/socks and that was a horrible mistake.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
    TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
    TaylorMade Sim Max Rescue 19° w/ HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 3-9 w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48°,53°,58° w/ DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Spider Mini Copper

• BigT7BigT7 Members  246WRX Points: 74Posts: 246 Fairways

Grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska with 24 hours of sunlight during the summer, so there was a lot of opportunity to play a lot of golf in a day. My most was 144 (8 rounds) in a day and it was a blast. Wish I still had that kind of energy!

Posted:
  • pkn17003pkn17003 Members  26WRX Points: 32Posts: 26 Bunkers

"Don't play to much golf, two rounds a day are plenty".

Posted:
    Taylormade M1 2016 9.5* Miyazaki C.kua 39 S
    Srixon F65 5W 19* Miyazaki Kuala Mizu 6 S
    Callaway Rogue X 5H 23* Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 S
    Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 7 & 9 iron True Temper XP105 S300
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 54 & 58 degree DG Wedge flex
    Scotty Cameron Select Big Sur Long 49"
  • playar32playar32 Unregistered  305WRX Points: 119Posts: 305 Greens

I did once, walked the entire way.
    Did it for a charity event called The Hundred Hole Hike. Raised a lot of money for Special Olympics. Got out early enough to knock out 9 before anyone was there, then had a whole 18 open without anyone. People on the course were really nice, even picked up some donations along the way (I had a big banner and signs posted so people knew the cause). My feet definitely hurt when I took breaks inbetween rounds.

My key was to not really take practice swings, just line up the shot and hit. Same with putts, tried to read the green as I walked up to it. Helps if you can keep it in play or out of trouble. One hole was a very short par 5, so I made a couple of eagles along the help, kinda helped that I basically hit and hoped on most putts.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.