Larger Odyssey #7 heads

Wdwfreak ·  
WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin Proud 1127WRX Points: 165Members Posts: 1,127 Platinum Tees

As most of us probably know here the Odyssey #7 comes in basically two different sizes, the smaller, like the stroke lab model, or the o-works. And the larger model which I have been searching the forums and elsewhere and haven't found anything in years on this subject. What models are the larger head? I'm searching to find one and make a list of which models are larger.

• The White Hot Pro model is (but hard to find)
  • White ice model
  • Works versa comes in a 7H as well but some are with a regular white hot insert and not the other Metal-x insert? I don't know whats up with that exactly.
  • White hot tour comes in a 7H as well
  • Last year's exo 7 is skeletonized but larger in size for sure.

Thats about all I have for now, thanks for the help!

Posted:
Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"

Comments

• MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe  1422WRX Points: 134Members Posts: 1,422 Platinum Tees

The White Ice model is a "tweener" in my opinion. Its kind of in between the large and small head. What makes it unique is that the fangs are so far apart that you can't pick up a ball. Its the only model that I'm aware of with that unique distinction.
    Metal X Milled, Metal X Milled Versa and all Tanks are large too.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
    Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Callaway Rogue 4-AW,SW TT XP95 R300
    Callaway MD4 58.12 W Grind
    Odyssey O-Works Black 2W
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MattUtahMattUtah  33WRX Points: 31Handicap: 12.8Members Posts: 33 Bunkers

I wish they would just rerelease the larger white hot pro 7... They must feel like it would cannibalize the sales of their more expensive putters.

Posted:
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Wisconsin Proud  1127WRX Points: 165Members Posts: 1,127 Platinum Tees

Thanks for the comments guys, just curious, is this works versa model with white hot insert the same insert as the white hot pro? I had not seen this model without the works/Metal-x insert but I like it more.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Standard Tensei Pro White 70TX 44.5"
    Titleist 16.5* TS3 Diamana White 80TX
    Titleist 19.5* TS2 Ventus Blue 8X
    Titleist 24.5* TS3 Hybrid 38.25" Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Cobra King Forged CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Glide 3.0 51-55-60 Project X LZ 6.5 125g
    Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H 34.5"
  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe  1422WRX Points: 134Members Posts: 1,422 Platinum Tees

On -, @Wdwfreak said:

Thanks for the comments guys, just curious, is this works versa model with white hot insert the same insert as the white hot pro? I had not seen this model without the works/Metal-x insert but I like it more.

I'ver never seen or heard of that model before. But, Odyssey has been known to do "one-offs" for different retailers. I remember a black w/red Works putter made for Golfsmith a few years ago.

To me, that looks like a MXM Versa head with White Hot Pro insert.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
    Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Callaway Rogue 4-AW,SW TT XP95 R300
    Callaway MD4 58.12 W Grind
    Odyssey O-Works Black 2W
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  703WRX Points: 432Members Posts: 703 Golden Tee

You can find that model online being sold by places like Hurricane Golf. If you search the boads you can find some info on it - I believe Odyssey did a limited run of the Works Versa with the WHP insert later in the production cycle of the Works Versa.

I think the insert is identical to that of the WHP 2.0, which some people swear is slightly different from the original WHP. I've never used the original, but I had a WHP 2.0 and one of the Works Versa with WHP inserts and they definitely felt the same to me.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.