Custom club order from TGW

PingPoncho ·  
PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho 1432WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 1,432 Platinum Tees

Here is what their site says: Custom Club orders come with a 90 day guarantee. When you place a custom club order, the 90 Day Playability Guarantee allows you to hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. We guarantee full credit return value on custom club purchases and will issue store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better.

Limit one custom club return for store credit per calendar year.
This offer applies to items that are not damaged and reveal only normal wear.
The clubs cannot be altered in any way, including shaft or grips.
Return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
You must return the club to us within 90 days from the date of shipment to receive full credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment.

So if you order a driver with a custom shaft, I would be able to use for 90 days and if I do not like it, I can return for full store credit and buy something else?
Anyone try this and is it true?

Posted:

Comments

• BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 400 yard Club!  4441WRX Points: 434Members Posts: 4,441 Titanium Tees

Here is what it says..........
    https://www.tgw.com/playability
    -"Hit with the club for up to 30 days and decide if it's right for you. If not, no worries:"
    -"We guarantee up to 90% return value for your club and will issue a store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better."
    -"You must return the club to us within 30 days from the date of shipment to receive up to 90% value in in-store credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment."

"Custom Club orders come with a 90 day guarantee. When you place a custom club order, the 90 Day Playability Guarantee allows you to hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. We guarantee full credit return value on custom club purchases and will issue store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better.
    Limit one custom club return for store credit per calendar year.
    This offer applies to items that are not damaged and reveal only normal wear.
    The clubs cannot be altered in any way, including shaft or grips.
    Return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
    Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
    You must return the club to us within 90 days from the date of shipment to receive full credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment."

Posted:

TITLEIST TS4 Driver, 9.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA 60X.
    CALLAWAY Epic Flash SubZero TI, 14.6*, Diamana ZF, 70TX
    CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 17*, Tensei Pro Orange HY 80X
    CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 20*, Tensei Pro White HY 100TX
    TAYLORMADE P790 UDI, #2, 18*, Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid, 102X
    TAYLORMADE P7TW, 4 - PW, DG TI x100....Summer Set
    TAYLORMADE '19 P790, 4 - AW, DG AMT WHITE x100....Winter Set
    PXG 0311T 54* MILLED Sugar Daddy Xtreme Dark Wedge, DG TI s400 ONYX
    PXG 0311T 60* MILLED Darkness Wedge, DG TI s400 ONYX
    SCOTTY Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter, w/SC Black CircleT HC
    SUN MOUNTAIN `20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DavidvDavidv  995WRX Points: 219Members Posts: 995 Golden Tee

Edwin Watts has an even better policy up to 3 returns for full store credit in 90 days. I have taken advantage of this trying 3 different putters, no issues at all.

Posted:
  • Indygolfer85Indygolfer85  285WRX Points: 92Members Posts: 285 Greens

PGA Tour Superstore does this as well.

Posted:
    '17 TM M2 9.5*
    Adams XTD Ti 5w 
    TEE XCG6 3h 
    Ping i210s
    Ping Glide 2.0
    Toulon Atlanta
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB)  3775WRX Points: 370Handicap: 6Members Posts: 3,775 Titanium Tees

Who decides what is "normal wear"?

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5, Tensei Blue R
    Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
    Ping i25 5-PW, TFC 189 R
    Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S
    Ping Glide 1.0 54.5*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Eye2+ SW, 57.5*, KTM S
    Super Stroke Soft Wrap Midsize Red Grips
    Taylor Made TP Mullen 2, 35", LH (I'm right handed :p )
  • ChipNRunChipNRun  2058WRX Points: 452Members Posts: 2,058 Platinum Tees

Getting custom-order clubs from TGW is like trying to buy custom clothing from WalMart.
    TGW states it is an online operation. Not the best place to get custom golf clubs. Don't you have other sources where you you could go get fit? Saving a few $$ up front is not savings if the product doesn't work for you.

Posted:
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr.
           4i refitted with SteelFiber 780 HLS Hybrid shaft R Flex 75 gr.
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS + MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr.  | Note: MD4 58°/8.C-grind may replace MD/PM
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) / 34" w. Ping Pistol PP60 grip (stock)
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperHot - orange
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course and season.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • AmayarokAmayarok  2WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 2 Starters

The way their policy is written could be more clear, but you have it right. You’d be able to return the driver if you don’t like it after 90 days, as long as you haven’t damaged it beyond normal wear (e.g. if you put a dent in the head).

I recently returned 3 Vokey wedges with custom shafts/grips after playing them for a month. They even let me place the order for the new ones ahead of receiving the ones I returned.

I don’t know why TGW gets so much flack. Their custom order options online are great, whereas you have to call in with PGA Superstore (also a great place to buy from).

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CDLgolfCDLgolf  957WRX Points: 153Members Posts: 957 Golden Tee

I just got a Ping hybrid with a custom shaft and didn't care for the shaft and returned it. No problems. However the Edwin Watts deal sounds better if you can do it 3 times.

Posted:
    Cobra F8
    Adams tight lies 2 16*
    Ping G25 20 & 23 hybrid G30 26 hybrid
    Ping i e1 6- uw
    Ping Tour Glide 56 & 60
    Toulon Atlanta
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2473WRX Points: 260Members Posts: 2,473 Platinum Tees

Edwin/roger Dunn is best

Posted:
  • Kball10Kball10  220WRX Points: 87Members Posts: 220 Fairways

On -, @ChipNRun said:

Getting custom-order clubs from TGW is like trying to buy custom clothing from WalMart.
    TGW states it is an online operation. Not the best place to get custom golf clubs. Don't you have other sources where you you could go get fit? Saving a few $$ up front is not savings if the product doesn't work for you.

TGW is a first class operation. The custom clubs are coming direct from the manufacturer - no different than getting from your pro shop or numerous other retailers. The next step above this is actually having your clubs assembled by someone like TrueSpec or Club Champion.

Posted:
  • DFDLTDFDLT  136WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 136 Fairways

I’ve ordered a full set of clubs from TGW in the last month. Ping G410 Driver is set to be delivered next week as that will be the last of them. I tried going through a local Pro Shop but the Pro didn’t seem very interested in ordering custom clubs. Plus if I did the ordering, I could verify all specs were correct before hitting the submit order button. Only hiccup was that I was sent the wrong tracking number on a Mizuno wedge but that got figured out with out to much effort and mine was en route the whole time.

Posted:
  • tatertottatertot  4609WRX Points: 920Members Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees

On -, @ChipNRun said:

I've bought several custom clubs from TGW and never had a problem. It's been as easy as ordering from my mom & pop brick & mortar.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot

Advertisement
  • LHGolf4LHGolf4  526WRX Points: 174Lefty Boomers Posts: 526 Golden Tee

TGW is a first class operation. The custom clubs are coming direct from the manufacturer - no different than getting from your pro shop or numerous other retailers. The next step above this is actually having your clubs assembled by someone like TrueSpec or Club Champion.

I completely agree, if you know your specs and what you want TGW is a great place to get custom ordered clubs especially if you do not have a local shop available.

Posted:
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio  6187WRX Points: 977Handicap: 8Members Posts: 6,187 Titanium Tees

On -, @ChipNRun said:

This is ridiculous.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade M5 10.5° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: Titleist TS2 15° (C1) | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18°| AD-DI 85
    Irons: Mizuno MP 20 HMB 4 iron | AD-DI 95 / MP 20 MMC 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89

• payerasjlpayerasjl  829WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 829 Golden Tee

Ive used it before and had only minor issues (re stocking fee etc)

Would not use again as edwin watts offers similar deal without fuss of shipping etc

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.