Custom club order from TGW

PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPonchoMembers Posts: 1,390 ✭✭
edited Apr 20, 2019 12:49pm in Deal or No Deal? #1

Here is what their site says: Custom Club orders come with a 90 day guarantee. When you place a custom club order, the 90 Day Playability Guarantee allows you to hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. We guarantee full credit return value on custom club purchases and will issue store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better.

Limit one custom club return for store credit per calendar year.
This offer applies to items that are not damaged and reveal only normal wear.
The clubs cannot be altered in any way, including shaft or grips.
Return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
You must return the club to us within 90 days from the date of shipment to receive full credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment.

So if you order a driver with a custom shaft, I would be able to use for 90 days and if I do not like it, I can return for full store credit and buy something else?
Anyone try this and is it true?

Comments

• BirdieBobBirdieBob PXG Members Posts: 4,048 ✭✭
    edited Apr 20, 2019 2:02pm #2

Here is what it says..........
    https://www.tgw.com/playability
    -"Hit with the club for up to 30 days and decide if it's right for you. If not, no worries:"
    -"We guarantee up to 90% return value for your club and will issue a store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better."
    -"You must return the club to us within 30 days from the date of shipment to receive up to 90% value in in-store credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment."

"Custom Club orders come with a 90 day guarantee. When you place a custom club order, the 90 Day Playability Guarantee allows you to hit your custom golf clubs for up to 90 days to decide if they’re right for you. We guarantee full credit return value on custom club purchases and will issue store credit towards the purchase of equipment that suits you better.
    Limit one custom club return for store credit per calendar year.
    This offer applies to items that are not damaged and reveal only normal wear.
    The clubs cannot be altered in any way, including shaft or grips.
    Return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
    Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
    You must return the club to us within 90 days from the date of shipment to receive full credit towards the purchase of alternate equipment."

WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
    PXG 0811X Gen2, 10.5* (9.5*), JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 13* (14.5*), Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 18* (17.0*), Tensei Pro White, 80TX
    PXG 0317X Gen2, 19* (20.0*), Tensei Pro White HY, 100X
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, KBS TGI 100, X
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    SCOTTY Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter, w/SC Black CircleT HC
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Hybrid Stand Bag
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Umbrella
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Darkness model

• DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 708 ✭✭

Edwin Watts has an even better policy up to 3 returns for full store credit in 90 days. I have taken advantage of this trying 3 different putters, no issues at all.

• Indygolfer85Indygolfer85 Members Posts: 215 ✭✭

PGA Tour Superstore does this as well.

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* GD AD IZ 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 14* Tensei Blue 
    TEE XCG 6 19* Ozik 
    Wilson Staff V6 4-G PX6.0
    Callaway MD Forged 55* PX6.0
    Callaway PM 2.0 60* PX5.5
    Putter: Odyssey Rossie White Hot Pro
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,573 ✭✭

Who decides what is "normal wear"?

Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Ping G 5-GW, CFS 70 graphite R
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,220 ✭✭

Getting custom-order clubs from TGW is like trying to buy custom clothing from WalMart.
    TGW states it is an online operation. Not the best place to get custom golf clubs. Don't you have other sources where you you could go get fit? Saving a few $$ up front is not savings if the product doesn't work for you.

What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 101 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10  | KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • AmayarokAmayarok Members Posts: 2

The way their policy is written could be more clear, but you have it right. You’d be able to return the driver if you don’t like it after 90 days, as long as you haven’t damaged it beyond normal wear (e.g. if you put a dent in the head).

I recently returned 3 Vokey wedges with custom shafts/grips after playing them for a month. They even let me place the order for the new ones ahead of receiving the ones I returned.

I don’t know why TGW gets so much flack. Their custom order options online are great, whereas you have to call in with PGA Superstore (also a great place to buy from).

Ping G410 Plus - Tensei CK Orange 60 X
    Ping G410 5W - Tensei CK Orange 70 X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3I-PW - Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/56S/60M - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5

• CDLgolfCDLgolf Members Posts: 834 ✭✭

I just got a Ping hybrid with a custom shaft and didn't care for the shaft and returned it. No problems. However the Edwin Watts deal sounds better if you can do it 3 times.

Cobra F8
    Ping G25 3 wood
    Ping G25 20 & 23 hybrid G30 26 hybrid
    Ping i e1 6- uw
    Ping Tour Gorge 56 & 60
    Odyssey
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭

Edwin/roger Dunn is best

• Kball10Kball10 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭

@ChipNRun said:
    Getting custom-order clubs from TGW is like trying to buy custom clothing from WalMart.
    TGW states it is an online operation. Not the best place to get custom golf clubs. Don't you have other sources where you you could go get fit? Saving a few $$ up front is not savings if the product doesn't work for you.

TGW is a first class operation. The custom clubs are coming direct from the manufacturer - no different than getting from your pro shop or numerous other retailers. The next step above this is actually having your clubs assembled by someone like TrueSpec or Club Champion.

• DFDLTDFDLT Members Posts: 114 ✭✭

I’ve ordered a full set of clubs from TGW in the last month. Ping G410 Driver is set to be delivered next week as that will be the last of them. I tried going through a local Pro Shop but the Pro didn’t seem very interested in ordering custom clubs. Plus if I did the ordering, I could verify all specs were correct before hitting the submit order button. Only hiccup was that I was sent the wrong tracking number on a Mizuno wedge but that got figured out with out to much effort and mine was en route the whole time.

• tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,378 ✭✭

@ChipNRun said:

I've bought several custom clubs from TGW and never had a problem. It's been as easy as ordering from my mom & pop brick & mortar.

Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Sun Mountain Swift X
  • gc444gc444 Lefty Boomers Posts: 408 ✭✭

TGW is a first class operation. The custom clubs are coming direct from the manufacturer - no different than getting from your pro shop or numerous other retailers. The next step above this is actually having your clubs assembled by someone like TrueSpec or Club Champion.

I completely agree, if you know your specs and what you want TGW is a great place to get custom ordered clubs especially if you do not have a local shop available.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,585 ✭✭

@ChipNRun said:

This is ridiculous.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 726 ✭✭

Ive used it before and had only minor issues (re stocking fee etc)

Would not use again as edwin watts offers similar deal without fuss of shipping etc

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying