Starting a golf league- question/suggestions
My buddies and I are going to start a golf league. Most of us have played baseball/beer league softball our whole lives, but we’re ready to finally save our bodies , continue to destroy our livers, and start up a golf league.
-We have 16 committed, barring nobody bails at the last minute. If we have less than 16, we plan on doing individual head 2 head, Stableford league. For now, we want to run 2 man teams.
- Since most guys do not have established handicaps, we are going to use the first 2 weeks to establish handicaps and try to form the most even teams.
- Suggestions for team scoring??
- Also, we will have 16 weeks, so I planned on 2 weeks establishing handicaps, then a 6 week (first half), 7 week second half, week 16 championship. End of season Ryder Cup tournament.
- Any suggestions about adding to this format would be greatly appreciated.
- Tips on a Ryder Cup tournament?