Correcting a push to the right when putting

cboldcbold Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

I have tried to correct this with a variety of different putters from different manufacturers but I always return to my PIng Anser2 as this doens't correct the problem but the misses are closer. I am sure I have some stroke/alignment problems but I am considering a Scotty Cameron 2018 Laguna Select because of its toe hand properties to see it it will help, and I am seeking a opinions on this before buying. If I do decide to purchase, I would like some recommendations on a reliable source as there appears to be a counterfiet problem with Cameron Putters.

Answers

• jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

A putter with toe hang will close slower only adding to your push problem. Might just be you align better with a plumber neck

• cboldcbold Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

Thanks, I think my notion of toe weight was backwards with regards to the push. In light of your answer, the laguna based on description is probably not the right answer so you probably saved me a bunch of money. Using the balance beam approach, my Ping Answer 2 appears to be about half way between face balanced and fully toe weighted so it could still have to much toe for me. I taped a small piece of lead to the heel of the Ping and this reduced the toe hang by half on the balance beam. We’’ll see.....thanks again!

• Wizzo1Wizzo1 Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

See "Joelsim" post under "putter testing". He used some tips by Brad Faxon to relieve his push/pull problems. Worth a shot!

• JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2019 1:39pm #5

Yes, what I found was that I was missing even very short putts regularly, thinking it was my alignment, and losing all confidence.

I was lining up the putt, then lifting the putter before starting my backswing.

Now, albeit only after 4 rounds of the new method, I simply do a small forward push with my hands which automatically starts the backswing. The results are night and day, now full of confidence. It’s also something you can practice on your carpet at home into a coffee cup. I’m doing that from 6’ and in at the moment and it’s become very natural already. Given the cup is about 2/3 the size of the hole, give it a go.

Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Ping G410 19 Hybrid Stiff Alta
    Titleist 818 H1 23 Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW (#4 at power spec loft)
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Cleveland RTX4 54 MID
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3, Studio Stock #28 Slotback, Studio Stock #38 & BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭

Have you been fit for your lie angle? That could be causing a push.

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver, 13 deg., Fujikura ATMOS Red
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, Project X EvenFlow Blue 75
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid, Kuro Kage Black
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip / Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S, Rosemark 1.52 grip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file